The online racing simulator
I got bored of reading, so will start with this. When I finished school I had 4 GCSE's, all of which were in Science, and a GNVQ in Built Environment. I struggled to get onto a good course at college so as additional studies I resat English and Maths, which made all the difference when applying for University as every one I applied for accepted me.

But that still put me on the back foot as I had to work twice as hard in college and it still haunts me today as I am still of an age where an employer would like to look at my certificates of education and the fact my GCSE's were awarded from college and that raises eyebrows.

Quote from sam93 :But I'm not scared of no one, wont get no where in life being that way lol.

I'm very thick? How would you know? You don't even know me

The amount of double negatives you use tells me you're rather thick. Well thick is unkind, uneducated would be fitting.

What you were looking for was "I'm not scared of anyone, won't get anywhere in life being that way."

But I'm sure you'll get there with mum proofreading all of your course work.

Quote from ajp71 :Very true, when I started my course the lecture hall had less seats than students in it. They said that by the end of the first year there would be plenty of room and they were exactly right

I had the same on my course, when we started year 1 there was 55 students, after 2 weeks, we were down to 15. By the end of year one that was down to 8, by graduation only 5 made it on stage to collect a sheet of paper and I wasn't doing what you could consider a difficult course as it was just a computer degree (BSc Computer Science with a bias towards Internet Computing, so lots of networking, lots of server-side programming).

Quote from sam93 :if it was pointless they wouldn't run it.

I've told you before, they do run pointless courses, they are aimed at people who don't know what they want to do with their lives. As mentioned there is a degree course (BA, that is Bachelor of Art) in "The History of Ideas" that is a pointless course yet it is always oversubscribed.
Uneducated? Pahahahahaha... You just sound to me that you think anyone with under a C is thick. Which isn't true. You could have been good in school but crap when it comes to exams. People like you incredibly piss me off in that respect.

How is my Mum going to proof read my coursework when she'll be 150miles away? I'm a Plymouth lad moving to Wiltshire by myself to do the course. So yeah, she really is going to help isn't she.

LFS Forum - The worlds population of stuck up twats with a small minority of normal day to day people.

That should be the new slogan. Keyboard warriors.

I'm in no way thick. This is great, I'm sat here laughing at everyones comments like you are making. You'll know I'm not thick if you was to meet me, but why the hell would I want to meet anyone off of here.
Bmw e30 320i
Quote from G!NhO :Bmw e30 320i

I would get a BMW E30 318i. But one in the UK that has no rust is about £1700+

Also, making one into a capable car will probably destroy its value on a car like that. Although it is tempting as I like the E30s a lot. One of the nicest 3 series made tbh.
Quote from sam93 :Uneducated? Pahahahahaha... You just sound to me that you think anyone with under a C is thick. Which is exactly true. You could have been good in school but crap when it comes to exams. People like you incredibly piss me off in that respect.

How is my Mum going to proof read my coursework when she'll be 150miles away? I'm a Plymouth lad moving to Wiltshire by myself to do the course. So yeah, she really is going to help isn't she.

LFS Forum - The worlds population of stuck up twats with a small minority of normal day to day people.

That should be the new slogan. Keyboard warriors.

I'm in no way thick. This is great, I'm sat here laughing at everyones comments like you are making. You'll know I'm not thick if you was to meet me, but why the hell would I want to meet anyone off of here.

You're as much of a keyboard warrior as everyone else here, for the simple reason, you are here. Don't use pointless insults when you come under that insult.

And your English is terrible. Get some practice in now for course work, it may be only a forum but that's no reason to skimp on the use of your brain.

Like I said before, you have gained a reputation. That will attract arguments because people will see your post and home in on it just to annoy themselves more than anything.

I would leave this thread alone, there is no positives to be gained from it anymore. It will only get worse.
Let it get worse. **** IT! Lets make it a lot worse.

Hmm, keyboard warrior? A lot of people said that on the car club I'm part of because in person I'm layed back. But one learnt I wasn't! Haha. So I'm no keyboard warrior. No, that isn't in no way a threat to you lot. Just a general statement.

Reputation... What reputation? Go more in depth, might aswell whilst I'm sat here laughing at everyone's posts.

My english is shite? Ok then. Should one talk in a proper manner and to stick ones little finger out whilst drinking a drink. I must educate ones self at getting better at English when I am English.
Have it your way, I was only trying to help.

Catch you later..............
#133 - AMB
Quote from garph :Have it your way, I was only trying to help.

Catch you later..............

yoh were'd trolin....
Quote from sam93 :Uneducated? Pahahahahaha... You just sound to me that you think anyone with under a C is thick. Which isn't true. You could have been good in school but crap when it comes to exams. People like you incredibly piss me off in that respect.

I guess they don't teach reading in school any more.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :When I finished school I had 4 GCSE's, all of which were in Science, and a GNVQ in Built Environment. I struggled to get onto a good course at college so as additional studies I resat English and Maths

Now in case you're unaware, as most are, when you're given an GNVQ course in school it is because the school feels you're too dense to do GCSE's, so I spent 2 years in a class full of people a lot like you, so I have a good idea of what you're like as a person. I hate to put a damper on your aspirations, but I could see you getting a job as a knuckle dragger in Kwik-Fit or a low level race series (and these days BTCC falls into that category), but I don't see you making it as a designer and no way will you make it to F1 only the cream of the crop make it to F1 and you blew your chances in school.
Quote from AMB :yoh were'd trolin....

Nah, that would be what you're doing.
#136 - AMB
Quote from garph :Nah, that would be what you're doing.

Not really, you're untrollable, and besides diz iz ow i normaly tipe.
Sam earlier today....

Sorry to contribute nothing to the thread, but it's not like it matters. The thread has turned upside down within hours (As per usual. This is the LFS Forums after all!) and like I have said many times before, I really doubt any of your dreams will happen as your just too narrow minded and you have your head in the clouds, but I really do wish you all the best in succeeding your goals.
Quote from sam93 :I would get a BMW E30 318i. But one in the UK that has no rust is about £1700+

Also, making one into a capable car will probably destroy its value on a car like that. Although it is tempting as I like the E30s a lot. One of the nicest 3 series made tbh.

What do you mean making it into a capable car? Just leave the damn thing as it is, putting leather interior in it, bbs wheels or other proper stuff is ok but no ricing.
Quote from G!NhO :What do you mean making it into a capable car? Just leave the damn thing as it is, putting leather interior in it, bbs wheels or other proper stuff is ok but no ricing.

I'm not on about 'ricing' it. I want a track day car that is also road legal.

E30+Mtech2 kit+BBS Splits=Pure win for looking nice. But they say function of form. Like my mate became brave with his M3 Evo, had the M3 GT Splitter and Spoiler on it, no copies and then decided to spray it satin black :O
Ok then. I've emailed Brunel Uni about how I could get into their Motorsport Engineering course by using the path I'm planning on taking.

But, I've also been interested in Swansea Metropolitan University Course in it also - http://www.smu.ac.uk/index.php ... rt-engineering-a-designSo I'll also email them and ask if they'll take me on after doing a Foundation Degree at Wiltshire.

I never know, all this research I'm currently doing might help me get a BEng in Motorsport Engineering without staying at Wiltshire College all the time
I have a Impreza 2.5 RS 03 model and its nothing speical.

the 2.0L has about 40 less hp then my version as well.

and sam93 no point being a ****ing douche to people helping you.
i just want to be a mechanic and have a little project car on the side and maybe race it a couple of times. Designing new parts for it would be cool, but not my ultimate goal.

THANKS
Been there, done that.

Good luck with your course, I finished there in June '08 having just done the Nat Diploma. You'll have to work hard in the First Diploma group because most of them **** around and will try to drag you down. Twenty odd would start the year but by the end only a handful were left. The Nat Dip won't teach you anything about motorsport, only about the basics of a car. Get yourself out and about working for teams gaining experience while you are there, you'll learn more out working on racedays then you will in the classroom. Can't say anything about the FD because I didn't do it, but from a few people I know are still doing it it's pretty tough, especially the maths aspect of the course.

It's good to aim as high as possible, but mechanics are always needed at lower levels. I'm happy working where I am, off to Zolder on wednesday, went to Spa last year it's all good fun.

On the topic of cars, I go for economical diesels. Not very sporty, but you do clock up the miles driving from circuit to circuit.
Quote from tom0507 :Been there, done that.

Good luck with your course, I finished there in June '08 having just done the Nat Diploma. You'll have to work hard in the First Diploma group because most of them **** around and will try to drag you down. Twenty odd would start the year but by the end only a handful were left. The Nat Dip won't teach you anything about motorsport, only about the basics of a car. Get yourself out and about working for teams gaining experience while you are there, you'll learn more out working on racedays then you will in the classroom. Can't say anything about the FD because I didn't do it, but from a few people I know are still doing it it's pretty tough, especially the maths aspect of the course.

It's good to aim as high as possible, but mechanics are always needed at lower levels. I'm happy working where I am, off to Zolder on wednesday, went to Spa last year it's all good fun.

On the topic of cars, I go for economical diesels. Not very sporty, but you do clock up the miles driving from circuit to circuit.

Sweet, someone who has done the course.

They wont drag me down with them... They can try but will just warn them off. I'm not messing about no more and just going to knuckle down and work hard for the career I want!

I'm thinking about doing the National Diploma after the FD and then going to Swansea Metro Uni to do BEng In Motorsport Engineering. If I cant go there after ND I'll do Foundation Degree and then move there. As I would rather have a Engineering Degree (BEng) than a BSc. As what people have said on here, you'll get further and better to go to an actual University. See people, I do listen lol.
Quote from sam93 :They wont drag me down with them... They can try but will just warn them off. I'm not messing about no more and just going to knuckle down and work hard for the career I want!

It depends on how you read what the people on the forum are actually saying. You've actually received some good advice but through blind arrogance (not to be confused with 'independent spirit') you've ignored it.

Hey ho.. good luck anyway!
Quote from sam93 :Ok then. I've emailed Brunel Uni about how I could get into their Motorsport Engineering course by using the path I'm planning on taking.

Good move in emailing Brunel. I don't know if it's still the case, but the Motorsport course was the only one in the country accredited by the iMechE when I started. The year long Foundation course they offer would be good to get a basis before you start. I know a few students who took it before the main 5-year course.

The course shares almost every lecture with the standard Mechanical Engineering course. It only really differs in the last two years, where the Mech Eng students take a module on renewable energy, while the Motorsport students take Race Vehicle Design.

It's a very academic course to begin with, which is exactly what you need to get anywhere. Hands on skills can be learnt in a day on the job, but years of learning in principles of physics and engineering can't.

I worked with some students from Motorsport courses at other universities, and found that they were generally pretty limited in their knowledge. They seemed to seriously underestimate the knowledge required to get by in the field.

edit: Me and Tristain aren't trying to bring you down. We're trying to point out the difference between courses for an engineer and those for a mechanic/technician.
Quote from spookthehamster :Good move in emailing Brunel. I don't know if it's still the case, but the Motorsport course was the only one in the country accredited by the iMechE when I started. The year long Foundation course they offer would be good to get a basis before you start. I know a few students who took it before the main 5-year course.

The course shares almost every lecture with the standard Mechanical Engineering course. It only really differs in the last two years, where the Mech Eng students take a module on renewable energy, while the Motorsport students take Race Vehicle Design.

It's a very academic course to begin with, which is exactly what you need to get anywhere. Hands on skills can be learnt in a day on the job, but years of learning in principles of physics and engineering can't.

I worked with some students from Motorsport courses at other universities, and found that they were generally pretty limited in their knowledge. They seemed to seriously underestimate the knowledge required to get by in the field.

edit: Me and Tristain aren't trying to bring you down. We're trying to point out the difference between courses for an engineer and those for a mechanic/technician.

Yeah I see where you're coming from now. I've been in a terrible mood for the last few days so thats why I'm probably only just seeing where you're coming from now lol.

What I'm finding hard to work out though or if it's possible. Obviously now my GCSE have been done and are shite and don't want to spend a year making them better when I can go college and do a course that will get me qualifications in something that I want to do (Motorsport Engineering). So cutting all the other blah, blah, blah out. Would I be able to get into the foundation course then to the full one with just getting a ND in Motorsport Engineering and then moving to Brunel?

I seen Brunel is expensive as fook though. Swansea has a BEng course in motorsport engineering though... I doubt it'll be as good as Brunel but should still be damn good?
Do you mean expensive in terms of tuition fees? Don't worry about them, they're largely insignificant as you won't pay them up front and when you pay them back you won't notice.
Quote from sam93 :Obviously now my GCSE have been done and are shite and don't want to spend a year making them better when I can go college

You can resit them along side your normal course as, from memory, you're expecting to do additional studies in colleges now that are not related to your chosen area. So redoing your English and Maths (the important ones) will really help things otherwise you'll have to redo them together after college anyway.

Though I will tell you it is hard work as you have to do 2 years worth of work in 1. So there is no room to muck around or you'll never get the course work done.
The idea of the Foundation course that Brunel offers is to get people from different education backgrounds all to the same level to start the full course.

At college, I took an AVCE in Engineering instead of A-Levels, nowadays my course would be called a National Diploma. When I applied to Brunel they advised me to take the Foundation because of my college course and I chose not to. In hindsight it was a mistake not to take it, because I struggled through the first two years as a result.

What I'm saying is that if you take your Diploma in Motorsport, you'll still be able to go to Brunel and take a good MEng in either Mechanical or Motorsport Engineering.

Don't worry about tuition fees, as all unis will charge the same (the maximum) and as such unless you're rich they'll be paid for with student loans. When you're done, if you get a decent job you'll be being paid enough that the student loan payments aren't really noticed.

It depends what uni you're looking at in Swansea. I looked round Swansea Institute and while they have lots of cars to play with, I was underwhelmed by the course and their equipment. The proper Swansea uni is a good uni, but I didn't know they had a Motorsport course. With any Motorsport course at uni check that it's called "Motorsport Engineering" not "Motorsport Technology" or anything else and make sure it's accredited by the iMechE. Go for a course that offers a MEng, as BEng degrees are seen as very base level, and the extra year is worth a lot.

Also go for a course with a placement year. Brunel has a very good placement office, and they will help you loads to find a placement. They have a lot of links with companies in motorsport and general engineering and generally a few Brunel students (myself included) find good placements at F1 teams each year.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG