The online racing simulator
Pit limiter overrun
(14 posts, started )
Pit limiter overrun
I don't know if this is really a bug, but I got a drivethrough penalty for speeding with the limiter turned on in the BF1. TC was off and I think I had wheelspin at the time.
Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe it's meant to happen! Perhaps turning the TC off turns the limiter off too?!
If you wheelspin the tyres wind up, and actually propel you above the pit lane limit. Best to lift off a bit before you reach 75km/h so you can hit the limiter more gently.

The limiter works independantly from the TC.
its not a problem of the BF1 neither its new.
had it few time with patch Q as well ex. FXO BL pit out.
and FOX oval pit out.
dunno why but with some transmissions it sometimes breaks the limits
Quote from tristancliffe :If you wheelspin the tyres wind up, and actually propel you above the pit lane limit. Best to lift off a bit before you reach 75km/h so you can hit the limiter more gently.

The limiter works independantly from the TC.

Tristan is right... this happens especially when you are in a powerful car i.e. the BMW Sauber.
Get this one. My team was practicing on a VSK server with several other non team members. One teammate was entering the pits and a guy ran into the back of him trying to pit also. My teammate gets a drive thru penilty due to the contact. How crazy is that? illepall
Quote from nmanley :Get this one. My team was practicing on a VSK server with several other non team members. One teammate was entering the pits and a guy ran into the back of him trying to pit also. My teammate gets a drive thru penilty due to the contact. How crazy is that? illepall

I had that problem too, but it may be hard to create code to detect speeding due to crashing in pitlane.
A simple solution is is just to disconnect such barbarians who crash into others in the pitlane
i also will just add to this, this happened to me several times yesterday (not on purpose obviously) lol just trying to warm up tires in pits but i kept running over until i noticed that for some reason it went over when TC was off
Coming out of BL GP it's easy to get a penalty since the downhill slope means gravity will accelerate you past the pitlane speed limit even with no throttle applied.
i was at Kyoto lol so there.. its pretty flat (or well.. flat enough to where it has no effect as far as i am aware)
lol had that happen with almost every car that has a limiter.
just depends on ur transmission and how fast u actually acclerate.
trust me. it can happen in XFR as well. not just the big ones.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :avatars are bacK!

and this is relevant to the topic how?.....
Incidentally, I see a lot of people disengage their limiters too late when they're halfway down the exit lane. As soon as the 80kmh signs are replaced by the (/) signs, I always disengage and floor it.

Pit limiter overrun
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG