The online racing simulator
Sensational Save by joz(Arrow.)
(31 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, didn't look that great. He ended up on the grass and lost a lot of places. The fact the car ended up pointing in the right direction looked more to do with pure luck than any skill. The Plato and Muller ones are pure skill though (with only a minority of luck) - look at the finesse and timing of the steering inputs.

Sorry to not find the original that good.

Yeah and anyways, why risk this to happen... could just have let a little more space on the right and no big deal
Quote from NickC :But on the other hand, i can remember some saves from last time i was in SPA.

It's so damn hard to correct when you're almost flatout in eau rouge and with the difference in height aswell.

Maybe i would prefer a FWD when my car steps out there

So i lets just say. It depends on the moment, it's both just damn hard!

I think that what you mean is that once a FWD car is sideways beyond a certain point, that there is no saving it, but to be honsest, it's hard to get into that situation in a FWD car (for me) I mean, FWD oversteer can cause accidents but it's more the fact that when you are oversteering in a FWD car and you use the throttle to balance it, you end up on the other side of the track (effectively "changing lanes" so to speak), and on a street track, this would end in tears indeed.

To a degree, accelerating when oversteering is against most peoples instincts I guess, but like I said before, you can't 'forget' that you are in a FWD or RWD car, it doesn't make sense to me that a person could or would forget that. Every corner tells you that it's a RWD or FWD car, especially when applying the throttle on corner exit.

In a sense, FWD cars can snap quite unexpectidly mainly because of "lift-off" oversteer, rather than "power on" oversteer that RWD cars can suffer from and "power on" oversteer is more what a person would expect from a race car so in that sense I would agree that maybe the prediction of oversteer is harder in a FWD car than a RWD one.

As for an Eau Rouge situation, I think that it would be equally as difficult, if a FWD car oversteered going into there, the chances are, you're gonna end up in the wall. As for a RWD car, it could be very diffcult to not overcorrect, and to balance the throttle.
I don't think it's that good a save. All he did was go full-lock, it was luck and physics which righted the car. Sure, it was fun to watch and cool for him, but hardly a save that requires endless dissection.
The dissection comes from a FWD VS RWD that was only relevant to this thread in a 'save' way. Nobody here is dissecting what happened in the video.
#30 - IDUI
I may be just seeing things, but does he put it into reverse mid-spin, as the rear is entering the grass and then back to first gear again?
He would have just put the clutch down so the wheels were free to rotate backwards without the engine stalling then grabbed a lower gear and got going again. Luck always plays a big part in these saves and he did get lucky but did very well at the same time

Sensational Save by joz(Arrow.)
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG