The online racing simulator
Pretty Embarrassing problem with my MOMO
Ok... So I had my MOMO laying on the ground thinking it was ok there for a while. Wrong. My dog had "marked his territory" on it and I had the cover off. Now the gears make a more "grinding" sound. I know they have always made a noise but now it just sounds bad. I have included a sound file. (It's a little quiet... ) I was wondering if this would be bad or something I can just let go and deal with. I like to take things apart but not valuable things like my wheel.
Attached files
MOMO gears.mp3 - 262 KB - 95 views
Momo is not a valuable wheel. Open it and clean the gears (if your dare lol).
Well, to me it is valuable. I'm only 14 and I begged my dad to get me a G27 for my birthday. I have yet to get a G27. I'll check the gears later tonight.
#4 - hp999
My gears are doing just about the same sound, probably running out of grease. I've pulled mine apart once,tightened some loose screws and tadaa - worked.
I took the wheel apart and found not really anything. Smelt like dog pee but I still cleaned up. Took an old toothbrush to the gears and cleaned all the ground plastic out of the gears and turned the wheel a good few times and it doesn't make the sound much. It's all good and I will now return to Live For Speed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG