The online racing simulator
shifter setup for different cars
HI im new.. I'll try not to be to annoying but I have a small problem which i have looked to find on the forum with no luck... Basically when switching to different cars do i have to go in to controls and re-assign the shifter mappings for my g25? because i set the controls up for sequential shifting for use with the FBM but then when i switched to the XRT, i switched from (sequential) to (shifter) for H pattern shifting in the controls but 1st and 2nd gear where missing and i had to re-map them. do i have to do this everytime i switch cars?

any help will be greatly appreciated Smile
All this is adjustable in data/script. Place this in

road.lfs
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2
/shifter shifter

sequential.lfs
/button 9 shift_up
/button 8 shift_down
/shifter sequential

paddle.lfs
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down
/shifter sequential

I hope this helps, more info can be found at www.lfsmanual.net
Hey thanks Smile i dont mind a bit of modifying as long as theres a fix im happy, i'll give it a go tonight! Smile))))))
whenever i drive the bf1, or the only car i have set for paddles, or one of the only...my binds for the paddles never work, so i plan to modify the scripts to accomodate for this....but how do i modify them?

EDIT: what i mean is when i try to go back into the xrt, what i have set for the paddles to do is never working again.
#5 - herki
Here's what I have (paddles for paddle cars, shifter for shifter, sequential on the shifter too) - it works perfectly fine when having the shifter type set to "shifter":

road.lfs
/echo hbox
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2

sequential.lfs
/echo seq
/button 8 shift_down
/button 9 shift_up

paddle.lfs
/echo paddle
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down

i figured out what i have to do, i have to tell it to make those buttons do that thing when i enter those cars again.

so if i make it "/button 36 /spec" and "/button 37 /press 3" or will that not work?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG