The online racing simulator
Round 6 FE2 - Post Race Discussion
Went better than expected, but the entertainment wasn't much better than Westhill...

Managed to qualify in 4th place, just 2 tenths behind 2nd and 3rd.

On the 2nd lap I tried following Siirto through the last turn and caught the left curb badly, this knocked me up onto 2 wheels into the wall on the exit. The crash took a big chunk out of my bodywork and left my suspension in a bad way. Despite the horrible over steer and shaky steering under braking, it was still drivable if not a little scary, particularly entering T1. From here on out I was lapping slow, very cautiously and avoiding curbs as if I was in an MRT . Great start!
Fortunately this only cost me one position to Barrichello. And his fight with Siirto and Rauti kept them in view, and the big cluster of cars behind jostling for position helped me increase that gap.
On Lap 5 Sirrto ploughed through the barriers at T1, giving me back 4th position. And, eventually on Lap 13 Rauti made a mistake damaging his suspension too, and went on to make it worse as he refused to back off. After several slips off the grey stuff and a few complaints about under steer and his "fkn shite set" I managed to pass him at T2 on lap 23. A couple of laps later he had a big spill at T1 which cleared my mirrors for a wee while.

Barrichello pitted on Lap 37 with an 8 second gap between us. I decided then my pit stop strategy would be the opposite of his, if he was in and out I would play it safe and change tires and repair my mess of a car. But he had a fairly long stop... Race on!
I pitted on Lap 43 (entering extremely cautiously) and pulled out just ahead of Barrichello. For the rest of the race he was in my mirrors. Unfortunately the opportunity for a pass rarely came. His best chance was at T1, which just isn't possible without making contact.
The last few laps were terrifying, I was just waiting for my rear right tire to blow. The temperature had dropped right down, and it was giving off the ominous 'hollow' screech on right turns. If Barrichello had gotten close to passing I was prepared to let him slip pass so I could coast home with all 4 tyres in shape. But neither came and I managed to hold onto 2nd place.

The race was more bearable than Westhill, but only slightly. It's sad to see so many people dropping out yet again.
Had a real lucky qual and started second. Race was just a one long hotlapping session for me. Strangly when i was more carefull on first chicane i was faster on it too and was able to do some nice pb's :} No tire popping this time :}
#3 - Hahmo
Well erm, quali was surprisingly good, didn't expect anything like this.3rd place in qual. I got the 2nd place in the first lap if I remember correctly, and Kamo was getting away while me barrichello and cropsy were following behind, everyone else were slower than us and don't know why.. When barrichello passed me the set started to understeer for no reason, didn't have any suspension damage, even though cropsy said so, but no. It was so understeery I couldn't turn properly and this heated up my front tires so it became even worse.. On lap 24 it got so bad that couldn't steer at all coming to t1 and flipped, luckily on the wheels.. Ok jokelainen passed me, tried to pit on that lap bit the car didn't turn early enough and wouldve got 20+ if tried to pull in, didn't think so and drove another lap losing about 15 sec, pitted and came back to trAck on p9. Immediately started to catch ojala and darra, and in the next 15 laps the distance between me and them was just about 7 seconds from the 26 that had after pit. Then the car just started to do whatever it wanted, no steering whatsoever and so just went through t1 tires and flipped and race was over for me.. With a good set I couldve been in the podium easily
first i wanna apologise Franky for hitting him in the arse couple of times and driving him by doing so into the tyres in t1.. i watched the replay and it was close and you started braking when i didint expected it.. but i take responsibility of that thing.

but otherwise the race was pretty boring for me.. didint have really any speed and when darra closed up with me i fought with him and we had few intens hits but we had fun and we didint spin our selfs. rauti started to catch on us but then he flipped the car on its roof and i just let darra go and cruised in 6place to finish
#5 - garph
As the tyres wear it tends to change the camber angles, if that changes the set in some way the best thing for you to do is adapt to that. If you were getting under steer and running wide on the exits why didn't you just slow down your entry or corner speeds or change your line to take the under steer into account? And entering the pits is easy, you slow down, if you don't slow down you don't get the entry right.....come on guy you can't blame the car for everything!

...anyway, it wasn't the setup or tyre wear. The main problem was just before barrichello passed you, you ran wide at the final turn slamming into the wall and damaging the suspension.

Totally forgot about this round, a text a 6 was the reminder. No practice and no racing since Westhill AND 27kg is ballast made things look very bleak.

Qualified near the back, went for a setup that rode the kerbs better (which you need to stay off at Fern Bay, XFR racing 101) and filled the tank with fuel and heading for a late stop.

That plan lasted about 5 or so laps until there was a massive crash at the final turn and multiple cars hitting, being hit. I was lucky to stay on four wheels, but ended up last. I limped round to the pits again to repair my damage and was looking at a long(ish) and lonely race.

Luckily there was loads of drop outs due to people ignoring the kerb rule, I didn't, and I ended up 7th, pretty sweet in the end. Also beat Dadge and Franky so that was a nice bonus
#6 - Hahmo
Quote from garph :And entering the pits is easy, you slow down, if you don't slow down you don't get the entry right...

Slowed down, though had to keep some kind of decent speed up as dadge was coming from behind, and had so much damage that it wouldn't turn.
I don't think that I'll ever like this track.
Quote from three_jump :I don't think that I'll ever like this track.

Why? Set u gave me was brilliant. It was pleasure to drive this thing with it.
#9 - dadge
Quote from Hahmo :Slowed down, though had to keep some kind of decent speed up as dadge was coming from behind, and had so much damage that it wouldn't turn.

slowing down more would of helped the turning issue. that's what gag is trying to say.
Was fun while it lasted, loved the battle with dadge and pingo
aye, it was a great battle. all i could do was defend. once you guys got infront, the ballast stopped me from making any kind of attack.
Quote from dadge :slowing down more would of helped the turning issue. that's what gag is trying to say.

Sure he's saying that, but still saw you from the mirrors, you would've crashed me if i had slowed down any more at all
Quote from Hahmo :Sure he's saying that, but still saw you from the mirrors, you would've crashed me if i had slowed down any more at all

That was me and no I wouldn't have crashed into you.

If you want to blame the setup for your mistakes then fine but please don't bring me and my racing skills into it. I saw what you were doing, I was far enough behind to judge how much room there was or if I needed to brake.

Ehm excuse me, i didnt say that you aren't a good driver at all?
I was just trying to be kind and get out of your way, if it does not suite you..
well.. oh gosh
E: and cmon seriously, the set started to understeer even before I hit the wall in the last turn for the first time..
Didnt make any difference if i had damage or not, though with damage it was worse
Quote from Hahmo :Ehm excuse me, i didnt say that you aren't a good driver at all?

erm
Quote from Hahmo : you would've crashed me if i had slowed down any more at all

or........he would of slowed down and not crashed into you. it's a league your in bud. not a demo server
... Still just tried to be kind
Some results would be great
how's the points and pens going? any idea what the next track is going to be?
will get it up for you guys tonight.
Well.. You missed yesterdays tonight m8
Yeah, decided i'd rather sleep instead.
I'm not going into a fight so i'll stop now. Do what You want.
easy tiger. no need for the claws. he just said he went to sleep. if you had known he was awake for nearly 24hours (updating 500 servers and such)then you might have understood.
sry :bowdown:
Results are now up and the schedule has now been updated. Should be a much more interesting 2nd half of the season!.

Futhermore this is the FINAL oppurtunity for people to sign up for the rest of the league.

Anybody who has signed up for "individual race only" and has scored points i have automatically changed over to Full League entrance. But after this saturday we will not be accepting anybody new!.

the next race is Blackwood Reverse and will be on Sunday 30th May.

Race Seven

Date: Sunday 30th May 2010

Track: Blackwood GP Reverse (BL1R)

Qualify: 18:15 GMT (30 minutes open qualifying)

Race: 19:00 GMT

Race Eight

Date: Sunday 13th June 2010

Track: Aston National (AS3)

Qualify: 19:15 GMT (30 minutes open qualifying)

Race: 20:00 GMT

Race Nine

Date: Sunday 27th June 2010

Track: South City Chicane (SO6)

Race Ten

Date: Sunday 11th July 2010

Track: Fern Bay Gold

Race Eleven

Date: Sunday 25th July 2010

Track: Kyoto National Reverse

Race Twelve

Date: Sunday 8th August 2010

Track: South City Long Reverse

Race Thirteen (FINAL RACE)

Date: Sunday 22nd August 2010

Track: Blackwood GP

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG