The online racing simulator
#1 - SKD
Building H-Shifter - some advice needed
Hi,
today I had the idea of building my own h-shifter. my idea was to convert an old gamepad (so i dont have to write my own drivers) so, that each gear will be recognized as a gear. in order to find out wheater thats possible or not, i tried to change the controll settings in lfs to h-shifter and bound the gears to buttons on the gamepad. when i was trying wether it worked, it didnt and also i couldnt steer with the wheel anymore but only with the gamepad. and as i said i couldnt use my configured keys even though i changed the options to h-shift. after that i tried to use only one controller - my wheel and bind all the gears to buttons at the device, now i could use the wheel for steering again but still couldnt shift using the h-shift buttons. sequential shifting was still possibly even though i changed the options to h-shift.

so it seems that there a 2 problems at the same time.
1. i can use only one game controller at one time (either wheel or gamepad)
2. i cant use the buttons on any of the devices to use h-shift

so, i really want to know wether these are "normal" problems in lfs or wether theres some problem in my installation or something?
#2 - Danke
LFS can recognize more than one controller. When you plug in the gamepad, windows might be remapping your usb controller ids. Try to reassign your controls in LFS once you have the gamepad plugged in.
all you need is a device that has as much buttons as you want to use, that joystick has more than 6 (six gears and reverse), so it could be a basis. If its a Forcefeedback joystick you could go a different way using FF-Shifter. But don't ask me details, I never used it
If you know who have used ff-joystick than can u ask him to help me with it?
öhh, people on this forum use it. Or just google it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG