The online racing simulator
Any low res monitors out there?
(6 posts, started )
Im looking for a large ish low res monitor to get around the problem of running sims in non native resolutions.
You might say get a TV but @ the size i was looking 26" i cant find any higher res than 1366x768 which does not look good.

Just trying to find that balance in quality & res that my triple head setup will run without having to turn down the detail level.

A 24" or 26" screen @ 1440x900 would be spot on.

The only other method of avoiding the massive quality loss when an LCD scales an image is to run @ exactly half native res. So a mega high res monitor could also be an option.
Quote from anttt69 :
The only other method of avoiding the massive quality loss when an LCD scales an image is to run @ exactly half native res. So a mega high res monitor could also be an option.

You probably mean a quarter native res.

But why does the screen have to be that large?
Pretty sure it was half native from what i read. I was looking at upgrading my setup but i think ive already found a possible method.

24" monitors exist with 1680x1050 res which is a good compromise between having to many pixels & having enough power to use them @ native.
My 26" at 1360x768 looks fine, no idea what's wrong with it.
Altough high res is just awesome, 1680x1050 on my 15" laptop is win.
Quote from anttt69 :Pretty sure it was half native from what i read.

Half the vertical and half the horizontal is a quarter of the original res
Did you find some monitor already?

http://www.prad.de/en/guide/hersteller_start.html

^This is quite complete list of monitors (also some TVs there and most models not sold anymore though).

The res/inch combination you're looking for is very rare. I think you will need to look at TVs instead.

You explained it but I don't really understand your need. So small resolution at so big size (24" or 26" screen @ 1440x900) will look terrible at Windows use because of Lego block pixel size*, for most people at least. For me that would bigger issue than running games in non-native resolutions. Obviously if you're bying it for gaming rig use only, then it's no problem...

* Pixel size calculator: http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/pixel.size.htm

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG