The online racing simulator
Opel Ascona C Problem
(28 posts, started )
Opel Ascona C Problem
I have an ascona c 1984 model with a 1.6 diesel in it 4door,and while running it 2 days before and i hearda rod knocking(or i think so xD ).It is left in my village and we use only when going offroad(no licence plates).So one day,while struggling to fire it up,it started.The leads as always started screeching(i think you get the point :razz and i revved it softly so they would stop making those goddam high pitched sounds,i heard something like rod knocking while letting of the gas and i smelled something like burnt rubber.I turned it off and havent revisited since then.The car has 88.000 kms but with a new motor(from 1995)and was left over from 1999.Since then it doesnt make more than 20 kms per month.Oh,btw i havent changed the oil since then,because i dont have the right tools and space for that matter.Btw,the car run for some with no diesel in it,because it was all drained from some stupid a**hole,but i managed to get running again.Any ideas what can i do or what the problem was??Keep in mind,i cant visit it except weekends
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :I have an ascona c 1984 model with a 1.6 diesel in it 4door,and while running it 2 days before and i hearda rod knocking(or i think so xD ).It is left in my village and we use only when going offroad(no licence plates).So one day,while struggling to fire it up,it started.The leads as always started screeching(i think you get the point :razz and i revved it softly so they would stop making those goddam high pitched sounds,i heard something like rod knocking while letting of the gas and i smelled something like burnt rubber.I turned it off and havent revisited since then.The car has 88.000 kms but with a new motor(from 1995)and was left over from 1999.Since then it doesnt make more than 20 kms per month.Oh,btw i havent changed the oil since then,because i dont have the right tools and space for that matter.Btw,the car run for some with no diesel in it,because it was all drained from some stupid a**hole,but i managed to get running again.Any ideas what can i do or what the problem was??Keep in mind,i cant visit it except weekends

well you do know it needs the oil changing like every year. The engine is probably ****ed
i know,but since it's left over with no licence plates and the nearest garage is 60 kms from there,i cant change oils.As i mentioned,it never did big distances,20 kms maximum per month
oh,btw i forgot to mention that the car doesnt have any brakes,only the rear left tyre is locking,which means its impossible to go into public streets
That is one awesome car, seriously.. Wish I could drive one of those
well have it transported to a garage and get them to fix it
#7 - Osco
set it on fire and enjoy. It's probably the safest and cheapest way to deal with this car. No brakes, rod knock (if it's that), no plates, diesel....

Or have it towed
that's cool car to have if you drive only offroad.besides i dont need licence plates to drive in a village with 300 maximum people.it's just that i was dissapointed that it broke down so easily.the motor doesnt have more than 10.000 kms on it
For any other brits looking at this, the proper name for the car in question is a mk2 vauxhall cavalier.
oh.

KILL IT WITH FIRE. BURN IT. MAKE IT MELT. SMASH IT. CRASH IT. BLOW IT UP. CRUSH IT. MUSH IT. PUSH IT. SHOOT IT. BOOT IT. CRUSH IT WITH A TANK. SHOOT IT WITH A ROCKET. PUT FIREWORKS IN THE FUEL TANK. BLOW THE THING UP.
and, after all that, get a KIA

Quote from Agniz :and, after all that, get a KIA

at least it would work
Quote from Luke.S :at least is would work

Still a stupid korean shit. Believe me no hyndai's or kia's from 1984 are different.
kias suck!!!i'm getting a 200sx with ca18det when i'm old enough
Oh, so you can neglect and wreck that too?
Sounds like a belt slipping. They make screeching sounds. Next time your there start it up, run it untill you smell the burning,turn it off then feel each belt & pulley. Be careful not to burn your self.

Just had a thought, if you cant be arsed to change the oil then your never going to change a belt are you? Sod it just drive it untill it dies a slipping belt is nothing to worry about on a old knacker.
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :kias suck!!!i'm getting a 200sx with ca18det when i'm old enough

Finally someone with a good taste!
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :kias suck!!!i'm getting a 200sx with ca18det when i'm old enough

says the idiot driving round in a vauxhall cavalier.
Quote from Luke.S :oh.

KILL IT WITH FIRE. BURN IT. MAKE IT MELT. SMASH IT. CRASH IT. BLOW IT UP. CRUSH IT. MUSH IT. PUSH IT. SHOOT IT. BOOT IT. CRUSH IT WITH A TANK. SHOOT IT WITH A ROCKET. PUT FIREWORKS IN THE FUEL TANK. BLOW THE THING UP.

Technologic. Technologic. Technologic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWHFwmd2o
#20 - PoVo
Quote from Luke.S :says the idiot driving round in a vauxhall cavalier.

But he drives an Opel.
Quote from Luke.S :says the idiot driving round in a vauxhall cavalier.

Kia drivers are the biggest idiots on the world
lolz,i aint driving a dam opel.i'd never buy one.that's used to be my dads old car back in 1995 till 1998 when he a mazda 323f.now it's been left over at my village,which we rarely use.when we left there,my dad replaced the motor with a new one.and i am not the one responsible for the condition of that car.

Please next time read the first post before commenting.Thank you!
You just told usthat you do drive a opel ascona!? >>>> First post!
lolz,i'm saying that i have an old ascona left over,and it just has problems,i aint in a driving age,nor i would drive an ascona.
It is left over,and used to be my dads old car.
Do you drive it?

Opel Ascona C Problem
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG