The online racing simulator
Easier mouse throttle control
I know it's kind of hard to have binary throttle [0 or 100%]. Why coulnd't mouse drivers operate gas and brakes with mouse scroll wheel ? it would be much easier to control the car - using mouse I had much problems even with XR Turbo.
#2 - zeeaq
Even though i aint a mouse user...was jus wondering...if we could use the MS X axis for steering and MS Y for gas/braking ????

PS - Maybe its already implementable...if so forgive me...
#3 - aoun
I use the keyboard to acc/brake and i use the mouse to steer and shift gears. It would be a pain in the ass to move the mouse forwards and backwards to go and stop.

Your not often going to move the mouse directly straight up so your going to turn at the same time..
Zeeaq,

the option already exists... you can select both mouse axes in the wheel-steering-menu.
Takes some time to get used to it, but is currently the best control method for laptop users (i.e. when no wheel is available).

Concering the proposal by himself, I doubt that using the mousewheel would word very well.. either it would be to insensitive or you would have to roll it constantly, which is also very uncomfortable... I suggest you try Mouse-y-Mouse-x instead...
0 or 100% throttle is ok with most of the cars but ... something like 'half throttle button' can be usefoul with GTRs , im not happy that i have to use speed limiter in tight corners, so the idea with scroll is good but half brake and half throttle is enought
#6 - zeeaq
hmm...ok
k, i have my throttle/brake on the xy axis of the mouse to race..and once you get used to it the wheel people have nothing more on you.. i sugest trying it out for a solid week and if you still cant do it then just buy a wheel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG