The online racing simulator
Btcc mg zs 2008
(22 posts, started )
Btcc mg zs 2008
Can someone with the sexy skills skin me up a FXO and FXR version of this car please?

Ta
Attached images
btcc_cars_mg.jpg
Jason+Hughes.jpg
2677270699_4a7ff71655.jpg
I'll have ago at it will post up when i get somewhere near
Quote from GAVD999 :I'll have ago at it will post up when i get somewhere near

awesome! looking forward to it
Pretty much finished, not sure about the grill though I don't normally like skinned on lights\grills but it just looked too plain at the front without it (still needs a little work on the grill as it not quite central). Anything you want adding or changing let me know and I will change it before I post the final skinfile up.

First attachment pic is quite big so I won't img tag it
Attached images
FXRMGpre.jpg
fxrpre2.jpg
that looks great for the FXR

what about the fxo?
Quote from GAVD999 :Pretty much finished, <...>

uhh.. i think you have missed the logos on the sides of the spoilers x]
Quote from Fragster-uK :that looks great for the FXR

what about the fxo?

Cheers, will do FXO when i get time later in the week

Quote from kristis917 :uhh.. i think you have missed the logos on the sides of the spoilers x]

Yeah I know its the KWR logo that's also missing from the bottom of the front bumper but I can't find it so will have to make it when I get time to finish the skins.
Hi, Gav

2 cents

I think the grey on the roof could be a bit darker.. looks a bit out of contrast
You're right Jaz it does need to be darker, didn't really notice it while i was making it but now you've pointed it out it does look out, I'll darken it off when I get chance to finish it.

Used your logo stretching guide for this one, made it a hell of a lot easier resizing them, thanks
Yeah, sometime one is too focused on other things. Happens to me very (very) often Glad the guide helps, but remember that you need to adjust a bit manually when doing cars like FZ or RB were the bodyshape is round. Tho' i guess you've read the whole thread and you are aware.. just sayin'

Keep it up. Good Work
well to me personally that logo streching guide isn't correct..
especially for FXR.. it says as far as i remember on the sides 65%, but i have used 85... or even... 90%, and looked great x]
Quote from kristis917 :well to me personally that logo streching guide isn't correct..
especially for FXR.. it says as far as i remember on the sides 65%, but i have used 85... or even... 90%, and looked great x]

incorrect

Are your eyes your only measurement or do have a valid argument ?

Maybe you should let your eyes get checked, dude... or stop trollin'
Quote from JazzOn :incorrect <...>

look at the image
at the bottom you can see that the image on the car and the real image fit perfectly x], and at the top of the image, you can see the normal image, resised to 65 % in width, and the image on the skin itsself are not the same, so if i'd resised the logo to 65% it wouldn't meet the proportions that it should have...
I just did a quick test using a perfect square and scaling it by 65% (as per Jazz's guide.) At 65% the square remains perfect on the skin viewer, here is a pic which shows what I am trying to explain a little clearer :

edit: @Fragster-uK FXR should be done tonight and will try get the FXO done as soon as I can
Attached images
FXRcompresstest.jpg
@ Kristis917, I really have a hard time following you
Quote from kristis917 :look at the image
at the bottom you can see that the image on the car and the real image fit perfectly x],

Yes, looks quite accurate, although an overlay would point out if there is a difference.

Quote :and at the top of the image, you can see the normal image, resised to 65 % in width, and the image on the skin itsself are not the same,

Of course they are not, because you resized them.

Quote : so if i'd resised the logo to 65% it wouldn't meet the proportions that it should have...

I don't understand...
You squeezed the logo on the skin to 65% and it appears on the skin how it should be... so... 65% is correct.

Edit: wow, how long was i writing xD.... didnt see your post Gav... Spot on ^^
Edit PS: I've added your example in the thread. It's nicely done and good to understand. It might help one or the other to understand the problem.
Quote from GAVD999 :I just did a quick test using a perfect square and scaling it by 65% (as per Jazz's guide.) At 65% the square remains perfect on the skin viewer, here is a pic which shows what I am trying to explain a little clearer <...>

yeah, that shows how it was made nicely, but somehow on my skin that didn't fit :S

Quote from JazzOn :I don't understand...
You squeezed the logo on the skin to 65% and it appears on the skin how it should be... so... 65% is correct.

no, the logo with the white background is sqeezed to 65% at the top image, but at the bottom it is normal... and the black logo on the skin is i think squeezed to 80%, so somehow 65% thing didn't meet that logo's requireents
Quote from kristis917 :yeah, that shows how it was made nicely, but somehow on my skin that didn't fit :S

Quote :
no, the logo with the white background is sqeezed to 65% at the top image, but at the bottom it is normal... and the black logo on the skin is i think squeezed to 80%, so somehow 65% thing didn't meet that logo's requireents

I think during your production something gone wrong. Maybe you were distracted... or your logo was faulty (recently a logopack was released but turned out that the images were not original in their propotions)

Do it again, because like you said, GAVD999 showed it pretty much unmistakeable and proven that the value is correct.
Quote from JazzOn :Edit PS: I've added your example in the thread. It's nicely done and good to understand. It might help one or the other to understand the problem.

Glad I could be of some help

Back to the main topic, FXR is finished final preview and skin file below:

Attached images
FXR_MGBTCC.jpg
fxrbtccprev.jpg
Quote from GAVD999 :Glad I could be of some help

Super thank you!

don't rush the fxo
#20 - 5tag
Quote from GAVD999 :Glad I could be of some help

Okay... the MG fake grill may be a matter of taste but seriously... why is that cage inside painted red?!
I did mention about not being sure about the grill 5tag as normally I am not that bigger fan of them but like I said it just looked a little plain at the front without it, as for the cage I have recoloured it to grey.

Also FXO skin attached
Attached images
FXO_MGBTCC.jpg
FXR_MGBTCC.jpg
Quote from GAVD999 :I did mention about not being sure about the grill 5tag as normally I am not that bigger fan of them but like I said it just looked a little plain at the front without it, as for the cage I have recoloured it to grey.

Also FXO skin attached

super work! will look forward to using in lfs in the near future

Btcc mg zs 2008
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG