The online racing simulator
Did my first trackday yesterday
(12 posts, started )
Well firstly, it was awesome. I did it in a 200hp elise at Anglesey with book a track. I'd never really driven a car outside of driving lessons in a 1.2 Fiat 500 so it was going to be interesting. I'd been a passenger there before and a trackday passenger since 11 years old and LFS obviously, so i had an idea for what it would be like but it was so much better.

The day started for me at 2:30 when i had my first time on track with an instructor, for the first 2 laps i took it fairly easily then it felt very familiar so i pushed fairly hard for the remeinder and had a few oversteer moments (thanks LFS ) and the only critisism being my inputs to the wheel really, i was holding it too tightly and being a little twitchy with it under braking.

After a an hour or so i asked one of my dads friends to come in the car with me who happens to be a very good karter and is one of the tops runners in LotusonTrack, who taught me completely different lines to the instructor and showed me some ways not to use the track as much. He said he was impressed afterwards so im happy with that.

Some overall thoughts, i wouldn't say it was like driving LFS but LFS had taught me alot of things, everything felt quite natural correction wise and lines etc i've been giving them some stick lately but have to say for £24 the amount i've learnt from it is so much more and suppose i have to say thanks to them. One thing i did notice, if you push too much into a corner with LFS, you tend to just understeer round it but i found in a real car the back end gives way a bit like iracing but more predictable and recoverable. And with no powersteering it is quite hard work, your actually battling with the car to turn it in.

So yeah i had a great day, Oulton Park next i think, hopefully I'll bring the camrea and get a mount for it .
Wow... I'm jealous...very... I think it's one of the biggest dreams of my life, to have car for trackdays. Well, for now it's just a dream :/
I also thought afterwards how extremely lucky i am, the car was brilliant.
Very cool.

I've been doing motorcycle trackdays for a little over a year. They're awesome. My first club race weekend is May 1st and 2nd.
Going into racing would be my next goal but it's all about the £'s, good luck, you've got bigger balls than me
Very nice. As soon as I get my car the first thing I will do is go to a trackday.

It just sounds so much fun. I mean, its the closest you will get to racing without actually doing so for your career.
Ask for JEF next time you're at a BaT day
#9 - senn
i have a motorkhana next time i'm off work, just a test and tune day, but we will have the oppurtunity to get the advice of the instructors there. If nothing else, it's a cheap fun day out without running the risk of a fine, while improving your driving skills
#11 - Osco
Good, now you've become a man.
#12 - Jakg
This thread is worthless without BOOBS.

Failing that, pictures will do!

PS - Lucky devil. Can't wait for my first trackday (before June, not sure what in yet).

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG