The online racing simulator
2010 TBOC Round 5: Race Discussion
The thread's a bit late, but if you have anything to discuss, do it here

I've just sent out PMs with the password. Any reserves who are free to participate can now PM me for the password.

Not too many at once though.. I need to clear out my PM box. If for whatever reason I don't reply (i.e. I die), contact TFalke55.
muhahaha... I'll be around to help as Admin... :P you poor racers^^
Falke, if i'm not there at the start time, start without me because I might be having dinner
okey... no problem

so for everyone we start this (or if Ellis is dining I start this) in 1 hour 25 minutes!

19:00 - Qualifying (20 minutes)
19:20 - Break/Grid Stacking (10 minutes)
19:30 - Sprint Race 17 Laps (30 minutes approx)
20:00 - Break/Grid Stacking (10 minutes)
20:10 - Feature Race 28 Laps (60 minutes approx)
Pass please.
Going by previous passwords it should surely be easy to work out the one for the next round...?
Race one
Niko Puntola that was friggin epic. I applaud you. I thought Two wide through the first turn/chicane surely wouldn't work. But you left plenty of room for me as i did you and we made it work. Wasn't as tight in the replay as it felt in the race. But still thanks for leaving me room and was great to have pulled it off with no incident. I dont think we even touched throughout the whole move did we?
Attached images
MePunt1.jpg
Mepunt2.jpg
Quote from scotty2888 :Race one
Niko Puntola that was friggin epic. I applaud you. I thought Two wide through the first turn/chicane surely wouldn't work. But you left plenty of room for me as i did you and we made it work. Wasn't as tight in the replay as it felt in the race. But still thanks for leaving me room and was great to have pulled it off with no incident. I dont think we even touched throughout the whole move did we?

Lucky you , my race ended after "tough defense". I`m starting to understand that if you see somebody is quite faster than you , let him go , just DONT defend your place , especially in this track. Because when you defending your place all damn race , you crash , then somebody crashes into your car. And after that what can you say? "I`ts CHICANE FAULT! And everybody`s who created this thing! I`m not guilty , it`s my foot did this , sorryx"
Well unfortunatly it isnt really a track with run off areas and one were drivers are going to take risks to get past because they see no other way. But you shouldn't just give up your position with out a fight. You have every right to fight for your place. Just its a bit tighter than some tracks in the corners were most of the overtaking is done. IF drivers are sensible then it shouldn't be to much of a problem. We all have our good and bad days at the track.
Scotty, I admit I was kind of careless when I decided to go 2-wide to the T1 chicane with you, but that did kind of work out as both knew there was a car next to yourself

I am sorry to the deadline guy who i spun out though, completely my bad.

Also - FFFFFUUUU lap 24.
Quote from nikopdr :Scotty, I admit I was kind of careless when I decided to go 2-wide to the T1 chicane with you, but that did kind of work out as both knew there was a car next to yourself

I am sorry to the deadline guy who i spun out though, completely my bad.

Also - FFFFFUUUU lap 24.

Naaah, now I don't mind I was just furious when you did so and I was so happy when you flipped Anyways my move wasn't very good either. Made onboard lap video if anyone is interested: http://www.vimeo.com/10659944
Perfect pit manouver.

But yes Niko, we both knew to make it work we had to give eachother room that really wasn't there. TBH though I expected you to lift of for some reason so we went single file through the chicane. I dont know why but thats what I was thinking at the time. THen you didnt and I was like. OK this could go wrong. But it didn't cause we got mad skillz!!!!
Next round will be with lots of room , aston. Gonna be boring long race
Congrat to winners of both races.

from my part,
Apart from that STUPID lag that took me out at the Main race from racer D.Raizys (witch wasn t his fault), everything went no has bad has i thought.

LAG= Dammbiatchcrasher
Quote from scotty2888 :Well unfortunatly it isnt really a track with run off areas and one were drivers are going to take risks to get past because they see no other way. But you shouldn't just give up your position with out a fight. You have every right to fight for your place. Just its a bit tighter than some tracks in the corners were most of the overtaking is done. IF drivers are sensible then it shouldn't be to much of a problem. We all have our good and bad days at the track.

I agree with you , but when you crash and person which is involved in that crash says "this is an creators (maybe i should say developers) fault , because they created chicane" it is more than stupid. Ofc it`s drivers fault , because he braked too late , but no!
Quote from Derbis1990 :I agree with you , but when you crash and person which is involved in that crash says "this is an creators (maybe i should say developers) fault , because they created chicane" it is more than stupid. Ofc it`s drivers fault , because he braked too late , but no!

No im not blaming the track designers. Im just saying collisions are more likely because its a less wider track than most. Im not blaming or dis-blaming anyone.
Damn, I missed the good old Fern lovely chicanes and the glorious buggy bridge fence

I did let go some nice points this round, hopefully Just Driving will be complete at the track in the following rounds.

Good work Scotty and Niko through the mighty chicane, mad skilzz indeed
Quote from Koa128 :Damn, I missed the good old Fern lovely chicanes and the glorious buggy bridge fence

I did let go some nice points this round, hopefully Just Driving will be complete at the track in the following rounds.

Good work Scotty and Niko through the mighty chicane, mad skilzz indeed

Thanks. Felt alot closer in the heat of the moment than it looks in the pics.
No one has complained about another drivers behaviour to the stewards. Does that mean it was a good clean just racin' rubbin' racing?
Maybe everyone is still recovering from the shock of getting through the first chicane completely safely in both races
Quote from JO53PHS :Maybe everyone is still recovering from the shock of getting through the first chicane completely safely in both races

Gotta be honest, I think the whole field was surprsied there was no rollers. I know I was in the second race, I even dropped right of the back of the car I was following in R2 incase there was chaos. I was the last car to go through there but no one rolled or anything. I was amazed.
The same race day i checked replay , just racing incident No purpose to make a protest
Quote from scotty2888 :Gotta be honest, I think the whole field was surprsied there was no rollers. I know I was in the second race, I even dropped right of the back of the car I was following in R2 incase there was chaos. I was the last car to go through there but no one rolled or anything. I was amazed.

I flipped twice in the Sprint race.
Gimme dem duckets.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG