The online racing simulator
.NET C# - Open Source Cruise App(1) (using LFS_External)
Version 1.0.1 uploaded. All that is done is that the MySql reference is removed and so is the dbProcess class.

Ok, so.. I got really bored and decided to finally upload one of the 3 projects that I had decided to share.

The story(you can sure skip this part if you are not interested ): Well, at 1st this was going to be a paid project. One guy started talking to me in msn at the start of 2010(or maybe the end of 2009, you know I don't remember much of the things around new year time). He offered me $30 or something like that if I would make him an insim app. I kind of agreed, but then in the same time like new year luck I got busy with a lot of other projects, and kind of left this one behind. It stood there in the folder untouched for days, which then became weeks and after these other projects I decided that I don't have enough time for it, because I am still working on some of them, and there are more planned so yeah. Then a few weeks ago I just saw that this cruise app is the biggest project I have taken since the start of the year and in the same time the least paid one. After that I decided that it isn't worth continuing on with it, and here I am, getting rid of it.
That's pretty much it - long story short(well not very short, but still :razz.

Something kind of important for all the people that will download this: I can not guarantee that this will work instantly. I just archived the whole project, as I had left it a couple of months ago, so it might need some doing, so don't be surprised if it just refuses to work. Also I'm quite busy and I won't be able to help on it very much, and I will be answering only in this thread(just saying in case someone decides to flood my inbox with questions).
[E] Ah, yes, something I forgot: In order for this to work on your server, you have to change this line in Form1.cs(and compile after that):
InSimSettings Settings = new InSimSettings("localhost", 29999, 0, Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MSO_COLS | Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MCI, '!', 500, "password", "^1Unnamed", 5);

Where you have to replace "localhost" with the IP address of your server; "29999" with the port of your server; "password" with the admin password and if you want to give it a name, change "^1Unnamed" to whatever you want.

Big thanks to:
T-RonX for LFS_External, which is used as the main base for this project;
DarkTimes for InSimSniffer, from which I stole a few things ;
morpha for helping me with the licensing and much more stuff;
dougie-lampkin for Open Source Cruise Server, from which I have learned the basics of C#.

License:
Quote :Copyright 2010 Loran Mutafov

This license governs use of the accompanying software ("Software"), and your use of the Software constitutes acceptance of this license.

You may use the Software for any noncommercial purpose, including distributing derivative works.

In return, we simply require that you agree:

1. Not to remove any copyright or other notices from the Software.

2. That if you distribute the Software you do so only under this license (i.e. you must include a complete copy of this license with your distribution), and if you distribute the Software solely in object form you only do so under a license that complies with this license.

3. That re-distribution as well as distribution of your derivative works has to include the source code.

4. That the Software comes "as is", with no warranties. None whatsoever. This means no express, implied or statutory warranty, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty of title or non-infringement. Also, you must pass this disclaimer on whenever you distribute the Software or derivative works.

5. That no contributor to the Software will be liable for any of those types of damages known as indirect, special, consequential, or incidental related to the Software or this license, to the maximum extent the law permits, no matter what legal theory it's based on. Also, you must pass this limitation of liability on whenever you distribute the Software or derivative works.

6. That your rights under this License end automatically if you breach it in any way.

7. That all rights not expressly granted to you in this license are reserved.

[E]: Attachment removed. Scanning it to see if it does not contain a virus.
[E2]: Attachment will be added again soon. The scan has been completed and the file seems to be clean.
Attached files
Project_Unnamed.zip - 1.1 MB - 801 views
Project_Unnamed_1.0.1.zip - 1.2 MB - 898 views
Dont download it!!! Its a virus!!!!!

EDIT: ok its not a virus, broken made me tell you its not, he was going to report me, download at your own risk!!!!
Quote from joebob4441 :Dont download it!!! Its a virus!!!!!

Huh.. Are you serious? I'm gonna remove the attachment then, and scan the file..
yeah i am or am i? you will never no!!!!
Quote from joebob4441 :yeah i am or am i? you will never no!!!!

You're a dead man, but you already know that.
hahaha yupp new i was a dead man when you sent me the link to this
Quote from broken :[E]: Attachment removed. Scanning it to see if it does not contain a virus.
[E2]: Attachment will be added again soon. The scan has been completed and the file seems to be clean.

He's lying!!!
ok ok ok, im only joking people, the file is clean, go ahead and download it but im as good as dead
#9 - PoVo
Nice code, too bad i didn't have it earlier, learned a lot about MySQL

Thank you!

EDIT: @Broken: Wouldn't closing/opening the MySQL Connection every time, the application has to load/save/update information to MySQL cause some lag? I've actually had problems in my older application, when i only open the SQL connection once, which is when the application is opened itself. But sometimes, it looses connection, so i was thinking, that the idea of opening/closing the database is a good idea. Thanks!
It would use some more traffic, but it wouldn't make that much difference. And, yes, I had considered to make an open and close function on the side, but after some more thinking, I found out that I would need to use 3 lines each time I need to update the database, instead of one, and it would make no difference anyway. So that way is better, imo.
#11 - PoVo
Ah, good Traffic isn't the problem. I was thinking that if it takes 5 seconds to load players stats, when he connects, it might cause something bad

Anyways. Thanks again!
Quote from PoVo :Ah, good Traffic isn't the problem. I was thinking that if it takes 5 seconds to load players stats, when he connects, it might cause something bad

Anyways. Thanks again!

Definitely not. I'm using the same method for the -OsR- InSim app. and it does not cause any problems. This is 100% copied from it, and just modified to suit the needs of a cruise insim application.

The only thing that is slow in the SQL part is in the -OsR-'s app. and that is the !pos command, but tbh, I don't even know what does it exactly do yet anyway. And I think that it's not the application, but the server that is responsible for the delay. Plus, I doubt that such command will ever be needed in a cruise server.

This has also been using as the SQL base for the -OsC- insim app, which should tell you how comfortable I am feeling with it.
Hello, i'm having problem with this insim. First off all, problems with Mysql.Data (at references). (look at attachments).
Second: insim says: 'The insim interface was unable to connect to the remote host'
insim's settings:
// InSim connection settings
InSimSettings Settings = new InSimSettings("88.118.36.79", 29999, 0, Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MSO_COLS | Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MCI, '!', 500, "default", "^1Unnamed", 5);

Can somebody help me?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from z0ne13 :Hello, i'm having problem with this insim. First off all, problems with Mysql.Data (at references). (look at attachments).
Second: insim says: 'The insim interface was unable to connect to the remote host'
insim's settings:
// InSim connection settings
InSimSettings Settings = new InSimSettings("88.118.36.79", 29999, 0, Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MSO_COLS | Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MCI, '!', 500, "default", "^1Unnamed", 5);

Can somebody help me?

newInSimSettings -> new (space) InSimSettings ?
In "default" you have placed the admin password of the server I hope.

Also, sorry for confusing everyone. The dbProcess file is there, and the mysql reference is supposed to be there too, but the insim doesn't actually save the user accounts. Probably I never reached that point in the project. You are free to delete the MySql reference, and also the dbProcess class. And it should work.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG