The online racing simulator
R.I.P Oran Park
(18 posts, started )
R.I.P Oran Park
bredz pwns at this track?
Old news, it's sad to see it in this condition though.
#4 - 5haz
Shame, it was a good track with its hills and blind turns, its sad that even national circuits worldwide are slowly dissapearing and being replaced by flattened Tilkedrome style circuits.

Oran Park has been due to close for quite a long time now, and I've also heard talk of a new track being built nearby.
NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this track and loved the v8 series racing there.
Quote from 5haz :I've also heard talk of a new track being built nearby.

Unfortunately not the case to my knowledge.

Oran Park's closure leaves Eastern Creek as the only permanent racing circuit in Sydney.
A sign of the times I suppose.....
This was one of my favourite tracks outside of Europe. Such a shame
This is why progress is not always a good thing
Ill miss the racing, and nothing will beat Lee Holdsworth win in the wet a few years back, a relative unknown comes out and out stages all the big guns great
yeah it's so sad, I sorta feel I have a connection with that track, as it was my first career pole position and all that... Great track to drive too, it's got some really tricky places and some cool highspeed stuff
Quote from AstroBoy :This is why progress is not always a good thing
Ill miss the racing, and nothing will beat Lee Holdsworth win in the wet a few years back, a relative unknown comes out and out stages all the big guns great

If they're building houses it aint 'progress'
R.I.P = Rest in Pixels
thank god this track was lazer scanned before they built sheds there, still sucks but at least it's still around.
Saw this posted on another forum, although I am not familiar with the track its always sad to see a race track getting ripped up.
damn shame , i hope the owners sold it for so much $ they can build something similar (if not better) near by & still have plenty left over to rub there noses in it.
It is just sad ...

Glad iRacing managed to laser scan the track before it got ripped apart.
Why was it taken down? Was it a loss maker?
Quote from StableX :Why was it taken down? Was it a loss maker?

Nothing like that, they just needed room for residential houses or a big ass shopping centre, or so ive heard and Oran park just happened to be standing in its way.
as far as I know the dad passed it down to his two sons who were just greedy and sold the land for massive sum of cash for housing and all the rest of that garbage
Typical sydney problem, first wonderland now this, next they will probably rip up the harbour bridge to make a man made island to build houses lol.

R.I.P Oran Park
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG