The online racing simulator
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
(20 posts, started )
For those of you who don't know, there is a demo of this game available on Xbox Live. I've been playing it quite a bit, and I am definately going to buy this game. I love it, the gameplay is so much fun that even though the demo is very short I must have played it over 30 times already. My favourite part is the execution system, it allows you to take down multiple targets with one click on the Y button, but to unlock it you need to do a hand to hand take down.

Anyway, here is a video of me doing the main bits of the demo on the hardest difficulty setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl56CRPm04Q
i love the way how the dialogue and instructions are shown on the environment
I think the demo was a load of crap imo...

Its not even a proper stealth game anymore, More like Gears of War with a wall hack and aimbot....

Then the black and white filter when in shadows?.. The game is supposed to be played sneaking about so most of the time its going to be in B&W ffs.....

Ill still be getting it but it shouldnt have been a splinter cell game, Maybe some super agent james bond ripoff but not Sam Fisher... Most of the mechanics that made Splinter Cell top of the stealth genre have been removed and replaced with noob run n gun arcade shooter garbage....

Even T10 ruining Forza 3 with noob friendly changes didnt make as big a mess as this...

Least Thief 4 will have an easy time taking the top spot of the stealth genre now....
Quote from Foilpact :I think the demo was a load of crap imo...

Its not even a proper stealth game anymore, More like Gears of War with a wall hack and aimbot....

Then the black and white filter when in shadows?.. The game is supposed to be played sneaking about so most of the time its going to be in B&W ffs.....

Ill still be getting it but it shouldnt have been a splinter cell game, Maybe some super agent james bond ripoff but not Sam Fisher... Most of the mechanics that made Splinter Cell top of the stealth genre have been removed and replaced with noob run n gun arcade shooter garbage....

Even T10 ruining Forza 3 with noob friendly changes didnt make as big a mess as this...

Least Thief 4 will have an easy time taking the top spot of the stealth genre now....

agreed
It is awsome. I've pre-ordered from shopto and got free t-shirt
wow youre not going too look like a geek wearing that
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :it allows you to take down multiple targets with one click on the Y button

So that's considered awesome now? You remember the time where you had to move super silent in the shadows, not run too fast behind the guy, or he'll hear you... when there was no "HIDE HERE" huge sign to guide you, like you have IQ of 23..
Quote from brt900 :wow youre not going too look like a geek wearing that

don't worry I also have a hoodie with nintendo written across it. I'd rather look like a geek than a chav geeks are friendly. And anyway all my mates know I am so
writing Nintendo on a hoodie does not stop it being the ultimate chav accessory.
Quote from Becky Rose :writing Nintendo on a hoodie does not stop it being the ultimate chav accessory.

Although people might be less scared of being knifed by him and more scared of having different coloured turtle shells thrown at them.
#11 - 5haz
Quote from Luke.S :geeks are friendly.

You only have to take a look in 4chan to see that that just isn't true.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :For those of you who don't know, there is a demo of this game available on Xbox Live. I've been playing it quite a bit, and I am definately going to buy this game. I love it, the gameplay is so much fun that even though the demo is very short I must have played it over 30 times already. My favourite part is the execution system, it allows you to take down multiple targets with one click on the Y button, but to unlock it you need to do a hand to hand take down.

Anyway, here is a video of me doing the main bits of the demo on the hardest difficulty setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl56CRPm04Q

That looked stupid as hell, clumsy and generic. The cover systems in all games is just 101% proof concentrated game development failure and should be put the rest.
I played the demo yesterday and found it quite good I like the idea of the multiple target system which is handy for noobs like myself

Although I was a little miffed at how they heard/detected me in that room near the end :/ I hadn't alerted anybody.

A good demo and I'll definitely will be getting it.
New generation kids are missing on so many things.. Everything is simplified now.. one thing i don't get is why, they can't be more stupid then kids 15, 20 years ago.. Not to mention the cartoons and sh*t, you don't have Ninja Turtles, Hi-Man.. you don't have Power Rangers... instead you have Pokemon and Spunge Bob... and 'one button kills everyone in the room'..
#15 - JJ72
and How is Ninja Turtles, He-Man and Power Rangers "not stupid".

There are still power rangers, and they are just as stupid as it was 20 odd years ago.

Pokemon is also a product of the 90s, it isn't exactly "this generation"'s kind of thing...

You probably didn't consider those stupid because you were much younger back then, just a false sense of belonging.
That could be the case.. but i don't know, all of my friends agree with me about that.. everything was much 'cooler', i don't know..
TNMT was cool, but on the other hand.. "By the power of Gayskull!"

I tried DA a while ago and thought the (movement) controls were irritating. In the bin. Won't be trying Conviction unless it gets remarkable review scores.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That could be the case.. but i don't know, all of my friends agree with me about that.. everything was much 'cooler', i don't know..

All of those people that say things like, "omagawd back in mah dayz u haz to do everythung on your own! it was so much betttaaa" are just general nostalgia dickheads.

I could bet anything that if there was a time machine and all of them went back in time they would all hate every moment of it.
Quote from DevilDare :

I could bet anything that if there was a time machine and all of them went back in time they would all hate every moment of it.

Umm, no, just no.. everything was better, not to mention the music...
Oh pl-ease....

You are just saying that 'cos apparently it makes you look "cool".

Sure, there are games that were made back in the day that were simply awesome, but most of them were not. Why do you think people cannot make themselves turn on the odd ROM? They cant stand it. The memories are awesome, but its because we didnt know any better.

Right now, you turn it on and think to yourself, "How on earth did I play this".

There is a perfect example. It comes from WoW but it suits this extremely well.

People are moaning for old content and old "challenging" bosses. So there was a guild who decided to try and "simulate" it all. They only leveled to 60 and used everything that was only available at that time. Guess what. They all bloody hated it and abandoned after few instances.

So there....

Drop the nostalgia bull shit. You wouldnt survive a day in the 80's/90's after you had a taste of life in the 21st century.

(I am talking technology/games wise)

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG