The online racing simulator
Holy Crap [Truck pushes car]
(71 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Holy shit... Is that guy still alive?
It so has to be fake, theres no way the truck driver didnt see that car. Or know it was there.
Nicole ?
Papa ?
Well, truckers ...

This is why u should be afraid of them.
Quote from hazaky :Well, truckers ...

This is why u should be afraid of them.

They are almost indestructible on the road.
EDIT: What I wanted to say with my post???
Imagine the great fuel mileage he's getting on his work commute.
Quote from mrodgers :Imagine the great fuel mileage he's getting on his work commute.

Yeah and it's wet so the tyres might have survived. It's a Clio, so the right side panels and doors should be cheap as chips, certainly cheaper than the fuel he would have used!
Quote from mrodgers :Imagine the great fuel mileage he's getting on his work commute.

Al nice and well but.....
What if the lorry was going the wrong way?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Al nice and well but.....
What if the lorry was going the wrong way?

Then he had one of the best excuses ever for being late, and one hell of a job explaining it.
Quote from AstroBoy :It so has to be fake, theres no way the truck driver didnt see that car. Or know it was there.

How can it be fake?

Still that must have been so scary for the clio driver :O
I'd imagine the Clio driver somehow ended up trapped infront of the lorry at an intersection, the lorry driver did not realize this when the lights switched to green and just went, probably thinking the subtle "bump" when he picked up the Clio was just a rough gearchange.

If you can't imagine him being unable to see the car, go sit in your own car and check how much of your bonnet you can see from your normal driving position, now imagine the same without a nose infront and much higher. The space the nose would occupy if the lorry had had one was occupied by the Clio, I reckon you could put 3 Clios there (1 adjacent to the one in the video and one ontop) and you'd still be unable to see them from inside the lorry cab.
I'd say its more likely that the lorry has changed lanes as the Clio was in a blind spot, causing the Clio to spin in front of the lorry and then get pushed along.

Apparently it happens pretty often, moreso with foreign LHD lorries pulling into the outside lane as a car is passing them.

Edit: 2006 Article, I'm sure there was a Panorama about it as well.
Quote from Bean0 :I'd say its more likely that the lorry has changed lanes as the Clio was in a blind spot, causing the Clio to spin in front of the lorry and then get pushed along.

Apparently it happens pretty often, moreso with foreign LHD lorries pulling into the outside lane as a car is passing them.

But the Clio driver could sound his horn and lorry driver would probably hear him, and after some time he would realize that something is wrong when horn is on all the time and he would stop and see it...
Takes incredible timing though to hit the rear half just so that the front turns into the lorry... Anyway, if he has stopped screaming yet, the Clio driver can tell the whole story
Why doesn't he go into reverse?
The clio.
There's probably a millions reasons fear, panic, car not starting, not really making any difference if they went forward or backward, etc etc also the fact that it would probably make it a million times worse. God knows what would happen if he tried to drive off the front, the car could to anything.

Advice from behind a computer screen is easy to give. i.e. armchair F1 champion/football manager/person-stuck-in-front-of-a-lorry.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why doesn't he go into reverse?

on speedway, sideways, high speed, clitched to lorry...i higly doubt reverse will do any help there.
Holy crap indeed.

That must have been terrifying.
What if it's the clio's driver fault?
Guy turned to the right to fast end ended up that way --> Lorry driver didn't fell a thing and happily keeps on truckin'
Surely the first thing you want to do is get out of the way?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Surely the first thing you want to do is get out of the way?

Indeed, I'd move over to the passenger seat ASAP!
Quote from boothy :Indeed, I'd move over to the passenger seat ASAP!

Only in the UK.

(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG