The online racing simulator
Does LFS actually make money
(19 posts, closed, started )
I'm wondering if LFS actually generates enough for the developers, do they have side jobs or is LFS thier only source of income. If so how much would LFS generate for the developers?
Quote from Weasley123 :I'm wondering if LFS actually generates enough for the developers, do they have side jobs or is LFS thier only source of income. If so how much would LFS generate for the developers?

LFS is just their hobby. They have a job beside LFS.
LFS was their passion in early days (I think it's still like that now, but not sure...), but now they have their jobs and families and you see that development isn't fastest, but we can wait, right?
LFS is just secondary source of money for them... I think they couldn't actually live from it...
Scawen and Victor are full time. I'm not sure about Eric and Geraldine. As for how much money, the answer is comfortable not rich.
I believe you can find the number of S1/S2 licences on LFSWorld (I don't use it so I'm not sure) and I think you can also find a daily/weekluy/monthly graph of new licences there for even more precise info.

The cost of S1 and S2 is also known.

Take inflation into equation and you can calculate the money made from LFS by yourself although don't ask me for the magical formula.
#5 - Fuse5
Quote from matijapkc :LFS is just their hobby. They have a job beside LFS.
LFS was their passion in early days (I think it's still like that now, but not sure...), but now they have their jobs and families and you see that development isn't fastest, but we can wait, right?
LFS is just secondary source of money for them... I think they couldn't actually live from it...

Fresh facts, straight out of the arse
There was a graph posted a few years back with S2 licence numbers over time, with reference to various major patch releases and milestones.

I thought I'd saved a copy of it, but I haven't been able to find it :/

I seem to remember in excess of 100000, but my memory could be deceiving me as usual.

Ed: OK, it was lfs.net member growth, whatever that means. As of jul 2007, it was just over 160000 with a slight exponential increase. Make of that what you will.
Attached images
LFS userbase growth.PNG
Quote from matijapkc :LFS is just their hobby. They have a job beside LFS.

Hahahaha I lol'ed. Where do you get your information from?

They have been working full-time on it for years!
Nature can't stand an empty spot. Now that Arox is gone, Matijapkc is here to take his place.
According to spdo database :
Quote :"Ranked 356 out of 206791 drivers in the Event Database"

Quote from MoMo92i :According to spdo database :

Arox is only banned from LFS Forum, not from the master server.
I think Morgan is referring to the amount of drivers in the spdo db, though not all will be S2.
Quote from boothy :I think Morgan is referring to the amount of drivers in the spdo db, though not all will be S2.

And not all will be listed. The usual rules for statistics do also apply to the spdo one
(Some might stopped playing lfs a long time ago)

On topic: Apparently it does, otherwise they would either charge more money or go out of business. And it's not really ours to know the figures either.

EDIT:
Quote from Scawen :...
At the moment we are gradually approaching 60,000 S2 licenses.

So they've made roughly 1.5m shared between 3 of them.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So they've made roughly 1.5m shared between 3 of them.

minus all the costs and taxes the figure will be lower that what people think. Also I am sure they have licensing deals and what for various companies.

Anyway, I am not sure why anyone would want to know, it's not really any of our business!
Im not really interested either but i thought that was the question.
Who cares? Seriously its none of our business what they make or what they have sold.

I would tell you to get rooted if you asked me how much i make or earned from a product.
#18 - Dac
Maybe the more money they make the less incentive to release updates?
its not our business to delve into the devs finances.
This thread is closed

(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG