The online racing simulator
2010 Kyoto 250: Qualifying Discussion
Right, Qualifying day nears. You'll get the hotlap session password PMed to you sometime before 1800 or so UTC on Saturday if you are an accepted entrant.

For an explanation of the session, see this article on the NDR website about how qualifying works

You MUST participate in at least the hotlap session of qualifying to be able to participate in the 2010 Kyoto 250. If we get more than 43 drivers eligible to qualify, I will sort out when drivers can be in server for qualifying, and can extend qualifying as needed to fit all in.

I anticipate hotlap qualifying to take about an hour or so. Each Twin Race will take about an hour as well. You may NOT be in server if it is not your twin race. You will receive a PM with the password and which Twin 115 you are assigned to sometime after qualifying ends.

If you cannot make the 115 you are assigned to, you are welcome to request a swap to another 115 OR elect to be placed to the provisional drivers pool. You must inform me of this as soon as possible after Twin race delegations are posted.

The schedule for qualifying day is as follows:

14:50 UTC: Arrival deadline for all competitors.
15:00 UTC: Start of hotlap qualifying, one outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap.
16:25 UTC (or 20 minutes after end of hotlap qualifying, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 1 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required)
17:45 UTC (or 15 minutes after end of Twin 115 Race 1, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 2 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required)

The official grid will be posted about 24 hours after the conclusion of the Twin 115 number 2. You will have 24 hours after the finish of the session that has the incident you wish to protest to file a protest if needed. The administration will automatically investigate for improper restart/start overtaking and any incidents that lead to a Safety Car or a car going out-of-bounds.

I am deciding whether or not to require any level of service for the compulsory pitstop, a decision will be rendered no later than Saturday.

Discuss qualifying and the Twins here !
Only problem I have is that it clashes with F1.
#3 - Bean0
Quote from GianniC :Only problem I have is that it clashes with F1.

Formula1.com has the race start at 1200UTC, it should be over before the qualification begins
I will be in qual,but i will do my best to make it to first Twin race :/ I told the story to deko so meh,will try!
So I need to take part in 3 prac sessions in order to drive at the 27th march?
Quote from dekojester :Hi:

You are receiving this PM as a reminder of entry requirements you have yet to fulfill before being accepted into the 2010 Kyoto 250.

You still need to attend and be credited with atendance at three (3) more official practice session. There are 5 left. Please see the Kyoto 250 subforum for information.

Regards,
dekojester
New Dimension Racing

Yes, you have to attend at 3 more pracs to be able to get to qualifiying on 14th and if you get through qual, you can race on 27th.
Deko, i'm running league (which i'm also driving in) that evening, so if i qualify, i'd like to be in first 115 twin race, otherwise i won't make it. Hope it's possible to do it, i don't like to miss chance for KY250.
Why is this on the MoE day? meh
#9 - CSF
Meh, we failed.
Quote :Timo (17:32:28 10/03/2010)
SHIT

Mike (17:32:31 10/03/2010)
lol

Mike (17:32:33 10/03/2010)
ok

Timo (17:32:34 10/03/2010)
TIMO AND MIKE FAIL

Mike (17:32:39 10/03/2010)
ok lets do MoE and KY250

Timo (17:32:43 10/03/2010)

Timo (17:32:45 10/03/2010)
ok

#11 - CSF
Why am I not surprised Timo was confused too. :rolleyes:
A couple of qualifying sessions in practice races have had wind=on. Will 'real' qualifying have it on as well?
Quote from JayEyeBee :A couple of qualifying sessions in practice races have had wind=on. Will 'real' qualifying have it on as well?

No. The only reason the practice qualies had wind was because I forgot to turn it off in time. :doh:
Quote from Bean0 :Formula1.com has the race start at 1200UTC, it should be over before the qualification begins

maybe he's one of the persons consuming beer and stuff, and it clashes with his drying-out...

Hey deko, Would i be able to be placed to the rear of the qualifying grid, because i have a mothers day meal to go to with my mum and gran. Or would missing the deadline mean i qualify?
Quote from xtraction :Hey deko, Would i be able to be placed to the rear of the qualifying grid, because i have a mothers day meal to go to with my mum and gran. Or would missing the deadline mean i qualify?

Wait wat?

It's mothers' day??
Quote from dekojester :I am deciding whether or not to require any level of service for the compulsory pitstop, a decision will be rendered no later than Saturday.

?
If there won't be any wind during qual,qould someone come to server and take it off? It has low wind now...
Quote from xtraction :Hey deko, Would i be able to be placed to the rear of the qualifying grid, because i have a mothers day meal to go to with my mum and gran. Or would missing the deadline mean i qualify?

Yes you can if needed. If you can please, be in server at deadline, then when it calls you I can manually move you to back of the queue.
We at Tiger Express will be twitting during the whole qualyfing day, feel free to have a look once in a while: http://twitter.com/TEM_LFS
I use the ventrilo and is connected to Event ... the sounds works but I can't hear anything from anyone else. Have missesd some setting somewhere?
Race 2 drivers may now join. Race will start about 17:55 UTC.
Ventrilo worked as a charm ...

I'll stand by for my team mate who don't have ventrilo ... ok?
Quote from Cawwa :Ventrilo worked as a charm ...

I'll stand by for my team mate who don't have ventrilo ... ok?

Why not
Unbelievable, this is not normal at all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG