The online racing simulator
A tip of the hat from LFS to NKpro?
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I dont remember the current FOX having this, but it looks like a tip of the hat to NKpro to me
Attached images
Image1.jpg
lol indeed it does a bit....:shhh:
#3 - ajp71
Nice to see graphical improvements to the LFS cockpits :bg: Any of the other cars changed? Hopefully we won't see clickable cockpits or too much nK copying as I don't think anybody wants two identical sims.
You can also see those start buttons on the screenshot on the day 3 update. It's a bit dark but with higher brightness you see those.

I have a bad feeling about that those buttons do not have any kind of function, they're just there for eye-candy...

And interesting to see have Eric touched the GTR car cockpits at all, at least in the CMX Viewer they're all the same old (except FOX and FO8). I'm hoping that they just want to keep those as a secret before the release. :/
clickable cockpits (especially if it has no alternative key like the AIM buttons) is the dumbest thing someone ever did in a racesim.

nk pro has proven that it doesn't work, so i hope all other developers have learned from it.
They have obviously seen the cockpits in NKpro leading up to this patch and decided they need to improve the single seater cockpits to bring them up to spec with NKpro.

I reckon that this was a late addition, maybe not even planned at all, I would be extremely suprised if any other cockpits had changed.

Dan,
Quote from inCogNito :clickable cockpits (especially if it has no alternative key like the AIM buttons) is the dumbest thing someone ever did in a racesim.

I like the idea but nKp definately needs shortcut keys so those can be binded to the wheel buttons. Actually start button can be put to the wheel, just make keystroke for backspace (which is a shortcut key).

And funny that we are talking about simulations but starting the car is not part of that?
#8 - tr1ax
Quote from inCogNito :clickable cockpits (especially if it has no alternative key like the AIM buttons) is the dumbest thing someone ever did in a racesim.

nk pro has proven that it doesn't work, so i hope all other developers have learned from it.

What doesn't work about it? You click it and it goes? I personally am at home with this since up until a few years ago was a horrible Falcon 4 addict for many years.

There may not be a alternate button for them right now, but I don't see anything wrong with adding them later.

Yes NKP is very rough at the moment, and I don't particiulary agree that it should cost me $42 USD, but when I purchased it I had a look toward the future mindset. Oddly, like I had with LFS in the past when for some reason I didn't like it.

I yearn for the day that LFS has detailed cockpits and an updated graphics engine.
Quote from deggis :I like the idea but nKp definately needs shortcut keys so those can be binded to the wheel buttons. Actually start button can be put to the wheel, just make keystroke for backspace (which is a shortcut key).

And funny that we are talking about simulations but starting the car is not part of that?

i know, i was talking about the AIM buttons, because you need to use them while you are driving! So you need to use your mouse to "aim" (now i know where the name comes from) for the button while the car is shaking.
And also, i don't want to press 3-4 buttons with my mouse if i got 10 buttons on my wheel which are unused. How is that realistic? It would be, if they let me press my buttons on my own cockpit.
whats that got to do with nkpro at... all? its just a texture, and it looks a whole lot better than just the plane wide carbon fiber texture that was sitting there before
Quote from deggis :And interesting to see have Eric touched the GTR car cockpits at all, at least in the CMX Viewer they're all the same old (except FOX and FO8). I'm hoping that they just want to keep those as a secret before the release. :/

Still got 3 days of this teasing...
Quote from XCNuse :whats that got to do with nkpro at... all? its just a texture, and it looks a whole lot better than just the plane wide carbon fiber texture that was sitting there before

The nameplate on the left is exactly the same as Nkpro, and the starter buttons are new.

As I said, its just a nod to NKpro, I thought it was a nice little thing, no need to get all snippy about it .

Dan,
Quote from tr1ax :What doesn't work about it? You click it and it goes?

If you could click other racers cut out switches then doom mode could become intresting

EDIT - Is it possible to tidy up the edge of the cockpit it just looks a mess with that carbon IMO.
actually you can hit backspace to start the engine. maybe there's more?
Quote from danowat :The nameplate on the left is exactly the same as Nkpro, and the starter buttons are new.

As I said, its just a nod to NKpro, I thought it was a nice little thing, no need to get all snippy about it .

Dan,

not.. really lol look at the FV8, thats had one this whole time
Quote from ajp71 :Still got 3 days of this teasing...

I don't know do we get those day updates anymore, as after day 5 it has been all about this mystery thing but now that's revealed... but the devs promised update every day.
i guess they could easily fill the remaining 2 days with some nice screenshots or something if they want to.
Quote from deggis :I don't know do we get those day updates anymore, as after day 5 it has been all about this mystery thing but now that's revealed... but the devs promised update every day.

Well the devs haven't had enough fun yet
Quote from RevMonkey :it's not a tip of the hat to anybody. it's a realism thing. here's some shots of the cockpit of a ferrari f1:

as you can see, just above the FIA sticker theres a ferrari manufacturing plate thing (i don't know what its called.)

Ok, ok, fair enough, but ask yourself this question, if Nkpro hadnt have come out recently, would the single seater cockpits have been improved

Dan,
Yes, I believe they would have.
does it matter?

you will never know, so what's the point?
Probably not,

99% of the posts on here are irrelevent and have no point either, plus I am bored............

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Oh come on, I am entitled to one crap thread in my name arent I?, I have got some way to go to catch up with some people.

Cut me some slack boys

Dan,
Quote from inCogNito :does it matter?

you will never know, so what's the point?

The same point as there is for a lot of the threads in this forum?

Conversation?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG