The online racing simulator
AirAttack Demo series 2010 discussion thread
Hey folks,

we're planing a Demo Racing Series for 2010. It's still in planing phase so if you have any ideas or suggestions you can discuss it here.

How will it look like? You will race with all three demo cars.
First heat: XFG, XRG and FBM on BL1
Second heat: XFG, XRG and FBM on BL1r

You will race with each cars two races in a round.
Quali: 15 min (?)
First race: XFG/XRG 12 laps (?)
FBM 16 laps (?)
Second race: same as the first plus starting grid in reverse finishing order.

I like to race longer distances but it may be too rough for some demo racers, so I think 12/16 laps are fine (~20 min per race).

So it will be 6 rounds with 12 races.

To the rule management we'll use the rules of the Demo FBM series from 2008 with some modifications.

I think with this layout of the serie, it will be very balanced, because you have to deal with three different cars. E.g. a fast FBM driver may be slow with XFG or the other way round. So there will be much more competition between the drivers than in an only FBM serie like in 2008.

That's all so far, concrete informations will come soon.

Greets mugen
Good idea. May i ventilate myself from what i think? I'll do it, but no offense m8.

1.Skip the FBM imo, everyone would use it, and basichly no one would use the X cars.
(1A, you could drive one heat with FBM and one with XF, so people get to know the FBM better and get skilled with it?)

2.Drive also on BL2, mix is good, or else people would loose interest i think.

Just an idea. I will join for sure

Gelin
Quote from Gelin SWE :1.Skip the FBM imo, everyone would use it, and basichly no one would use the X cars.
(1A, you could drive one heat with FBM and one with XF, so people get to know the FBM better and get skilled with it?)

I think there's a little misunderstanding. You can't really choose with which car you want to race with, but there will be a round with only XFG and another with only FBM and so on.

Quote from Gelin SWE :2.Drive also on BL2, mix is good, or else people would loose interest i think.

Yeah would be possible. We could drive one race with XFG on BL2 instead of XFG on BL1r.
#4 - VoiD
btw: Demo-users can´t race on reverse configs. So it´s only BL1/BL2...
with Airio settings we can
#6 - VoiD
"Achwas..."

Oups, forgot Airio...
Sounds great, big thanks to Mugen and Relliks for working on this project! Personally, I like the proposed two shorter races, 2nd one with reversed grid. Also no pitstop required, the races are too short for that and pitstops often defeat the true racing.

So I think it will be one evening per car, with different combo each week (or every two weeks)? Considering BL2, I see two options: a) Make it complete demo, with XFG&XRG races (separate) on BL2 and BL2R, b) skip BL2, stay only on BL1. Personally I prefer the 2nd option. There are not that many demo (or even licensed) people using regularly all 3 cars on BL1, and even less people doing BL2 at the same time. (I know only one, myself. )

Another important question is the series organization. If it is open, then I think we must require signups and regular attendance. Hard to get this from demo people though; they come once and then disappear. Also only 12 slots are available in demo (but we can get 13 or even 14 cars on track, if synchronized properly). What if more people would like to seriously take part?

To make things more interesting to demo people we could give a price to the winner, S1 licences (if there are separate series for BL1 and BL2), or S2 licence (in case it is combined demo cup). Just an idea though, prices to be won can lead to serious disputes during the races.
Quote from EQ Worry :So I think it will be one evening per car, with different combo each week (or every two weeks)? Considering BL2, I see two options: a) Make it complete demo, with XFG&XRG races (separate) on BL2 and BL2R, b) skip BL2, stay only on BL1. Personally I prefer the 2nd option. There are not that many demo (or even licensed) people using regularly all 3 cars on BL1, and even less people doing BL2 at the same time. (I know only one, myself. )

Right there will be one evening per car. I like to stick with BL1, too, than to split the series. Because it will be easier with the points management.

Quote from EQ Worry :Another important question is the series organization. If it is open, then I think we must require signups and regular attendance. Hard to get this from demo people though; they come once and then disappear. Also only 12 slots are available in demo (but we can get 13 or even 14 cars on track, if synchronized properly). What if more people would like to seriously take part?

Since we are planing to restructure the AirAttack Racing team this short serie would be a good basis to make future steps. And if the serie should be open and if more than 12 people want to take part, one possible way is to split the racers into two or more groups (lottery) and race on two or more servers and the best 12 will drive for the championship in a final race. Means if there will be two groups the first 6 of each group will fight for the championship in that final race.

And regarding to prices I think it isnt necessary to give any yet. I would say we should wait how this serie will run and then we could think about prices for the next one.
#9 - PLA7R
Very interested!!!!
Hey guys,

i'm very interested in this series, sound really good stuff.

if i can do anything to help let me know.

cheers jono
only XFG or XFG please, no comb.
We're just finishing some details concerning cooperating of AA with R2R team. Then we'll start full discussion about this series. And the idea is only XFG, only XRG and only FBM, all 3 demo cars on BL1, separate races, part of one serie...
I don't care what the races will be, Count me in for this one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG