The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Pfff......bloody euros.....

A stone is 14lbs of course, and a foot is 12 inches, makes perfect sense to me.

So how long it takes to convert 7226 inches to foot in your mind?
Quote from iFastLT :So how long it takes to convert 7226 inches to foot in your mind?

x3 = ~21000cm = 210m = 620 feet. Roughly

And the real answer is 602. What do I win?

EDIT: I'm young and I'm still used to using imperial measurements for alot of things. My Height? 5'10". Distance to school? 13 miles.

But other things, especially small things, I'll use metrics. I'm ~65kg. My laptop is about 30cm across. And I've never really understood pounds/ounces/stone :S

EDIT 2: Wow I'm bad at maths. 210x3 is of course 630 fp.
Quote from J@tko :x3 = ~21000cm = 210m = 620 feet. Roughly

And the real answer is 602. What do I win?

EDIT: I'm young and I'm still used to using imperial measurements for alot of things. My Height? 5'10". Distance to school? 13 miles.

But other things, especially small things, I'll use metrics. I'm ~65kg. My laptop is about 30cm across. And I've never really understood pounds/ounces/stone :S

EDIT 2: Wow I'm bad at maths. 210x3 is of course 630 fp.

You see, and 7226 metres in kilometres would be 7.226km, ain't that easier?
But I dunno how far 7km is without changing it to miles
Quote from iFastLT :So how long it takes to convert 7226 inches to foot in your mind?

First question is, why would you measure anything that length in inches to begin with? You would measure it in feet or in feet and inches. There would be no reason to convert. On second thought, you would measure it in miles, or even yards would be fine, but yard as a measurement is rarely used.
Quote from J@tko :But I dunno how far 7km is without changing it to miles

I'm the opposite. I can usually get pretty close with my eyes in clicks, but I have no measure of distance in miles, save for extremely long distances (like when I'm planning a trip, I'll use miles. If I'm pointing something out that's a ways away, I'll use kilometers or meters. Maybe decameters if I'm feeling fancy).
my car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and thats the way i likes it

look at it positively at least your car gets it 50% right
Quote from blackbird04217 :why would the UK measure distances in miles while everything else is metric? Why would you not keep the simplicity of meters, and kilometers...

Because metric is French.

One argument against metric that you never hear (because the arguments are always amongst engineers, scientists and shopkeepers rather than people who are interesting) but that is totally valid: Metric measures have shit names.

Imperial measures have interesting names, and they make life a little more interesting when they crop up in idioms and common phrases.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Tyres are weird like that for mixing inperial and metric too, for example 195/50/15.

195mm wide, the sidewall height is 50% of the width, then the diameter of the tyre? 15 inches!

Rim diameter. The nominal tire diameter is tire width * aspect ratio * 2 + rim diameter.
Quote from danowat :Pfff......bloody euros.....

A stone is 14lbs of course, and a foot is 12 inches, makes perfect sense to me.

Then why not drop the stones and inches if you can measure it in lbs and feet?
Because when you talk about something that is < 1 foot you don't typically use the phrase "It is 0.16667th of a foot long" instead you would say "It is two inches long."
Quote from thisnameistaken :Because metric is French.

One argument against metric that you never hear (because the arguments are always amongst engineers, scientists and shopkeepers rather than people who are interesting) but that is totally valid: Metric measures have shit names.

Imperial measures have interesting names, and they make life a little more interesting when they crop up in idioms and common phrases.

I suggest a compromise. You DO use the metric system but change the names. Win - win.

1 cm = Teeny-Weeny
1 m = Average
1 km = Long-John

1 g = Skinny-Bird
1 kg = Rotund-Rosamund
1 ton = Fat Bastard

"I rode a 100 Long-Johns today" - I rode my bike for 100 km.
"My car weighs 2 Fat Bastards or 2000 Rotund-Rosamunds." - Car... 2 tons.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG