The online racing simulator
Banned from a server
(32 posts, started )
Banned from a server
Okay, I have no idea why I was the only one banned. I was in 4th place, and this guy A LAP BEHIND ME decides to spin me around a corner. So, I drop to 5th place. I might have even finished that race in 3rd place too. So, when the race is over he says I "wasn't going fast enough", and then when the next race starts, I decide to knock him off of the track in turn 1 causing him to be in 5th, and I get banned. When HE spun me, he didn't get banned, but I do when I spin him back! WTF??
Maybe he was the server admin?
You don't need to spin him back, and I have to say that's a stupid move.
Choose a different server and drive on. Or buy a S2 license and get rid of 90% of that behaviour.
the mistake was when you spun him back.. Very silly move. whats the point?
#6 - SamH
Pre-meditated wrecking shouldn't ever be tolerated. You know very well that it's wrong, but you set about doing it anyway. You deserved the ban, IMO.
Yup, ban was 100% fair. If you're gonna complain about a ban at least be the innocent party...
Case closed. Revenge is not smart.

EDIT: and knowing that you have been here quite long you should know that this kind of threads are not wanted here. *lock*
Come to a server where I admin and intentionally push someone like that and you're banned for quite a while.. Welcome

Exacting revenge is not the right way to go about things, if an incident takes place express your agony over it after the race, and move on.
Eye for an eye just doesn't work, especially not in LFS. You end up with two guys trying to wreck each other and taking out 10 other cars in the process.
You deserved that ban and if you start bullshitting on about he hit me so I'm going to hit him back you deserve a proper ban. Just learn from your mistake
Must admit though that the drivers on demo servers are pretty crazy. You got guys who really don't seem to grasp that they are driving with other people... Absolute disregard to you. illepall Had a go at a demo server some weeks ago to remember the good old days. Bad idea!
ur fault. I have crashed into someone else a thousand times in the fo8. Never banned 1 person 4 it. Demo servers r crazy. What car was it?
Once upon a time there was a fly who was attacked by a spider, but he got away. The fly was annoyed with the spider, so he went back for another go and got eaten. The end.
ok, it was dumb of me to spin him back, but why didn't they ban him?
Its about luck, if you knocked him in the T1, everyone saw it. When he knocked you inthe middle of the race, other drivers had another job that seeking for someone to ban.... The best revenge is to beat your opponent, not to wreck him....
Because people don't (or shouldn't) get banned from one mistake or misjudgement. Thus he stays. You do (should) get banned from deliberately ruining someones race like you did.
Quote :Because people don't (or shouldn't) get banned from one mistake or misjudgement. Thus he stays. You do (should) get banned from deliberately ruining someones race like you did.

like in baseball. The umpire always kicks out the batter 'cause they made a big deal of a bad pitch and made a fight.

Looks like u were the batter.
IRL unless your a professional driver you'll get banned from ever holding a race license if you admit to deliberatley spinning someone out. Mistakes happen but you're just cheating wtf are you now argueing about it?
#20 - tok_
Lap down (or more) runners should ALWAYS give room when leaders try to overtake, and also, those people SHOULD NOT to try overtake drivers which are lap or more overhead.
If I overtake a backmarker, and he/she gets my slipstream and tries to overtake, I simply block it, block 'til he/she understands or something bad happens.

But revenge in following race, that is disgusting.
Quote from tok_ :those people SHOULD NOT to try overtake drivers which are lap or more overhead

You're totally entitled to unlap yourself. You shouldn't be held up if your faster and the guy whose a lap ahead must offer no resistance to a pass, but does no have to jump out of the way. Exactly the same as a normal blue flag pass.
#22 - tok_
Quote from ajp71 :You're totally entitled to unlap yourself. You shouldn't be held up if your faster and the guy whose a lap ahead must offer no resistance to a pass, but does no have to jump out of the way. Exactly the same as a normal blue flag pass.

I refer 100% standard LFS 3-5 lap race (which are 99% of all the races, I think), where all the lap down racers are those who have taken part after the race has begun.
Let's say you're 3rd and battling for 2nd, those late joiners have no reason to mess the actual excitiment, the very reason why we race.
Mid-race joiners are a different issue but if they are clearly faster and being held up common sense says let them through if you try and block them it's still your fault if you crash out.
Yea I cant see that either. I got yelled at the other day because I was faster than the leader. I got taken out and after pitting I caught the leader. Even though I was faster but one lap down, I got yelled at and threatened so I just said... bite me and found somewhere else to race. If I were the leader I would have just said ... come on! and did some drafting with the guy if I could keep up.
#25 - th84
Sorry Jack! Come back, i wont yell at you anymore!

Ive always felt the lapped cars have as much right to the track as the leaders, however, its only right to let the leaders pass. If they have caught you, there obviously faster.

Banned from a server
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG