The online racing simulator
Fixed setups
(16 posts, started )
Fixed setups
We really need the ability to lock a race down to 1 fixed setup.
It's crazy to run a series of races when you get guys that come
on your server with some super hacked setup any fly by everyone
all night...

Close racing is what it's all about!!!

Arcade style racing is no fun!

MadDogRhody
Setups arnt worth as much time as you think, you can still get close racing with a worse setup :/
Quote from kart-36 :Setups arnt worth as much time as you think, you can still get close racing with a worse setup :/

Well when you try and have a good race with 6 of your non-cheating friends
and some fool connects and does lap times 3 or 4 times faster, that is simply crap! If you lock a server to a setup that is easy for all to drive, the racing is
soooo much closer. Right now the only way to lock the setup, is password
protect the game to keep the hackers out....

If you look at Nascar 2003 and Rfactor, IRacing, they have the option for fixed setups.
Why you ask? IT MAKES THE RACING CLOSER. IT'S BEEN PROVEN TIME AN TIME AGAIN.

Let move away from Arcade racing and have fixed setups like the big boys!

*Another way to keep the setup hackers out is turn on Cockpit view only, they really seem to hate that, which maybe related to how they hack.

Trying to move away from ARCADE RACING!
Quote from rhodyracing :Well when you try and have a good race with 6 of your non-cheating friends
and some fool connects and does lap times 3 or 4 times faster, that is simply crap! If you lock a server to a setup that is easy for all to drive, the racing is
soooo much closer. Right now the only way to lock the setup, is password
protect the game to keep the hackers out....

If you look at Nascar 2003 and Rfactor, IRacing, they have the option for fixed setups.
Why you ask? IT MAKES THE RACING CLOSER. IT'S BEEN PROVEN TIME AN TIME AGAIN.

Let move away from Arcade racing and have fixed setups like the big boys!

*Another way to keep the setup hackers out is turn on Cockpit view only, they really seem to hate that, which maybe related to how they hack.

Trying to move away from ARCADE RACING!

You're talking about setups or cheats?
Setups I would the to be able to take a setup and lock it so anyone that connects to my server HAS to use that setup...

I am not sure how they cheat, but I know there is no way they can be 3 to 4 times faster than everyone on the track.... I see it all the time.
We will have a great race going with everyone really close, and then next race you get this fool on there going at stupid speeds wiping everyone out...

It's like an arcade game when that happens....

I did notice that when I locked the server to cockpit view only
I do get a lot less of these fools...

Guess i'll have to password my server next
#6 - amp88
Could you save and post a replay the next time you have people going "3 or 4 times faster" than you, please? After the race press "2" on your keyboard and type in a name to save the replay as. Then attach it to a post here (by clicking the Manage Attachments button in the post reply page, selecting the replay you saved and clicking on upload).

For what it's worth setups aren't really worth that much time. You're probably looking at ~5 seconds per lap maximum between a very good setup and the standard setups. Yes, it would be very handy to be able to force a fixed setup, but there are other improvements and developments that are of higher priority IMO.
I think there should be a way of requiring the same set-up as others. It would be a server option.. (Or the ability to narrow the adjustment range)

This way we could have I.R.O.C. type event..
#8 - e.M
well if insim can detect the 3% restriction for fxo i dont see why it couldnt detect other things?
#9 - amp88
Quote from e.M :well if insim can detect the 3% restriction for fxo i dont see why it couldnt detect other things?

There are a lot of things InSim can't provide information about (including the vast majority of setup parameters).
+1 For fixed setups with less possibility to change values.
This would bring alot in LFS
Or is there league for this stuff?
#11 - Uke
Fixed setup server option will be added in the next patch :doh:
Quote from Uke :Fixed setup server option will be added in the next patch :doh:

In the next patch we'll have the option to choose between realistic or extreme setups
Scawen said nothing about fixed setups AFAIK
Quote from Uke :Fixed setup server option will be added in the next patch :doh:

And for we know is only for the VWS
#14 - e.M
for all the road cars
good setup = super hacked setup = cheat ?

Fixed setups
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG