The online racing simulator
Just started druming, needing some info
(8 posts, started )
Hi all!

I just brought new Jimbao JBP0803 drums. I have no experience druming before, but I would realy like to learn it. I dont have the time to got to classes, I have too much teaching at school, so I would learn it at home. Some guys said that its best to start studying the rockcomp. Maybe reading some books or watching teaching videos at internet.

Some info would be very nice.

Thanks allready!
I believe the normal order is you do the reading / thinking about it BEFORE you buy a drum kit. :S
Umm, accualy this was my dads drums, but he didint used them at all, and I was interested in druming
#4 - 5haz
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I believe the normal order is you do the reading / thinking about it BEFORE you buy a drum kit. :S

Thats the boring way of doing it.

Just don't give up, and you'll get there eventually.
Im basically a self taught drummer. Just watch some starter videos online then its just practice after that. Get used to the your set, the sticks and try to emulate simple beats.

like this for example.
Great instrument choice!

Two advices.

First, get yourself some lessons first - not to teach you to play - but to teach you the fundamentals of good grip and hitting technique to avoid doing yourself harm in the long run physically due to bad and straining playing habits. Plus learning how to hit cymbals the right way saves you money as cracks are less common.

Second advice, remember to enjoy!
Quote from spankmeyer :Great instrument choice!

I tryed guitar, but I realy didint like it and drums are still much nicer
Sry for double post, but atm im going to libary (lol) and get some drum books.

That seems best now.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG