The online racing simulator
Excessive camber?
(6 posts, started )
Excessive camber?
Hi,

Not sure if this is one of the physics expoilts, but since I have started doing my own setups, I have noticed pretty much every setup I try from other sources has seriously excessive camber, I am talking like twice what it should have.

If I take one of these setups, and slowly dial out the camber to zero out the tyres temps, the car just laps quicker and quicker.

So basically my question is, why do people drive with the excessive camber?, am I missing something?.

Dan,
For longer races you wan't tyre wear to be fairly equal. For hotlaps you want the load across the tyre to be even for optimal grip. However that fries the inside of the tyre like nobody's business.
Of course, and using the tyre "bars" on the F9 display, it is clear that even at full lateral load the camber on many setups is excessive.

Even on a shorter race, less camber helps me because I find it helps massively during braking.

Maybe its my driving style that accentuate it?.

Dan,
There is a relation with these camber amounts and the antiroll and suspension settings

You will find that people that use high anti-roll put their camber at really high amounts (like for some of the road cars). If you lower the antiroll, and lower the camber a bit, it might help for a better feel. But it really all comes down to what you prefer.
Is u sure of what u saying Tweaker?
From what i learned from games like F1 challenge the camber culd be propotional with the amount of anti-roll bars and suspension stiffness
is there somewhat a different law of physics in this sim, than the real world?
also depends on what car is he talking about...

lol my 100th post!

Excessive camber?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG