The online racing simulator
Very very sad story.
(21 posts, started )
Very very sad story.
After racing with RA today I changed server. After few laps I realized that when I have full throttle I really dont. My pedals didnt connect correctly. So I took all the tools and opened my pedals. Now the brake is not working properly too. I think its something with pentometers. Anyway the stering wheel is moving 2 cm at once so its no good eaither. Anybody know what I can do to somehow improve my wheel now? Oh I think Im going to cry now. You never know the date. It can happen to you anytime so be carefull. "Better waste one minute of your life than your life in a minute." Hahahaha.

EDIT: Damn and it happened just before the patch

I guess you've got Logitech pedals.. and the "bad story" you told us is a well known bug. It can be more then less avoided by not pressing the pedals to the full range when calibrating..
#3 - ajp71
With Logitech pedals?

Check the brake pot is correctly located and the right way round. Open your pedals up and use a display of the pedal positions (ie the controlers control panel) to see what way the brake needs to go in.

If you've just touched the pedals I can't see how your wheel should have been effected.
#4 - ajp71
Actually I suppose I better check I am getting full throttle, not looked at my pedal movements in LFS for ages.
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :After racing with RA today I changed server. After few laps I realized that when I have full throttle I really dont. My pedals didnt connect correctly. So I took all the tools and opened my pedals. Now the brake is not working properly too. I think its something with pentometers. Anyway the stering wheel is moving 2 cm at once so its no good eaither. Anybody know what I can do to somehow improve my wheel now? Oh I think Im going to cry now. You never know the date. It can happen to you anytime so be carefull. "Better waste one minute of your life than your life in a minute." Hahahaha.

EDIT: Damn and it happened just before the patch

patch? what patch! didnt know there was a patch

ermm if you are having trouble with pots i think if you can get hold of replacement pots for free somewhere.... i lost the link!
there is also a guide on the net how to fix logitechs momo racing pedals which might help you in some way.... moszo LINK
apart from that just clean the pots out fron any hair, insects (lol BOB_Smith) dust and grease, make sure they are properly placed in their place....sometimes what happens the pots move and calibration screws it self up. Few weeks ago my brake pedal was sudenly 5% pressed at all times and i was wondering why i was so slow :S......

hope you fix your wheel....
The momo racing wheel patch, and the wheel fix ( disassemble and clean ) have been mentioned here a few times, and they do work.

The bad part is I don't have the links. Maybe someone can point to them.

I haven't cleaned my pedals in some time. I guess I could use the next two weeks to do it, so I'll be ready for the patch when it's released.
Ok getting my hands on the tools. I opened the pedals today and tried to do something but I only made it worst heh. I think the pots are incorrectly placed. I had similar problem few months ago and somehow I fixed it some there is hope.
heres is the link to the pedal patch update LINK

u want this file >>>MOMORacingPedalsUpdate-083004.zip<<<<<
Its working!:woohoo: I opened my pedals and took everything out of them. Then I just put everything back together and it was working. As I thought the pots jumped out of place.
#10 - Gunn
Don't worry, they wil die again soon enough. When they do, get them replaced if you can. Logitech are fully aware that their pedals are flawed. There is a revision 2 product using different pots (they are metal and mounted securely, unable to pop out). If you have a DFP this is likely what Logitech will replace your pedals with, if you have a Momo they will give you the same old type that so many people have had issues with.

Check this topic for links to patches and other tips.
I had similar pedal issues with my Logi Momo Racing. I patched, un-patched and re-patched and the pedal calibration problem still kept surfacing.

Funny thing though...I stopped using the Profiler software altogether and I haven't had a single pedal problem since! The wheel still works just as well as it did when I first got it.
I dont use the profiler either. If my Momo dies compeletly I want to buy something better and probably with clutch pedal. Mostly I am thinking about Thoma's wheels. Didnt decide yet. Maybe you know cheaper wheel with clutch?
I guess I was celebrating to soon. It broke again.

EDIT: I downloaded that patch you gave me Madman and its working now, thank you.:lovies3d: :drink:

EDIT 2: Never mind not working again.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Flycantbird :The momo racing wheel patch, and the wheel fix ( disassemble and clean ) have been mentioned here a few times, and they do work.

not for me, they died a few years ago, used the pedal fix util, didnt have a problem, last month they died again, took em apart, did everything, but they still didn't work, eventually the only solution i thought of was using my crappy microsoft pedals (were being used as a clutch), never had a problem since, although i think i need to stregthen the brake spring to give it more feel
you can use LFS calibration 'lock' here:

1) press brake a tiny bit and keep it this way
2) calibrate in lfs
3) don't press gas fully! leave some end deadzone
4) don't take your foot totally of the brake!
5) tick calibration lock
6) release brake fully

I think that should work..
Of course you just have to make your own real pedals someday as Logi's aren't really good..
the only way me ohh and BOB_Smith fixed our pedal problems was with the tape fix that is on moszo's website http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html

this has fixed any spiking on my brake and accelerator pedals.... just add some tape to the accelerator pedal and it will stop the movement in its socket which causes the spiking!!!! the brake pedal isnt so bad but i used the same fix as a precaution and i have had no problems since... certainly read it kajojek and give it a try!

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :the only way me ohh and BOB_Smith fixed our pedal problems was with the tape fix that is on moszo's website http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html

this has fixed any spiking on my brake and accelerator pedals.... just add some tape to the accelerator pedal and it will stop the movement in its socket which causes the spiking!!!! the brake pedal isnt so bad but i used the same fix as a precaution and i have had no problems since... certainly read it kajojek and give it a try!

mad

Same here. I had the throttle spike calibration problem with my Momo and the tape fixed it right up (back in September I believe). A week later, I had the pot pull from the holder and was getting 50% throttle spike when hitting the brakes (wires were tangled and the braking caused movement in the throttle pot). Took a small folded square of paper to wedge in the pot holder and haven't had a problem with that since September as well. If I was to do it again, I would "glue" the pot in with "Blue Goo" as was suggested a while ago, but no problems have come up since back in September, so...

Follow that link for Moszo's site and you shouldn't have any more problems at all.
I had exactly the same problem with momo pedals. I fixed it with DXTweak and it seems to work rather well. With my pedals the throttle pedal spike is the same everytime, so as I once tuned it precisely it'll be ok after any spike
Yes, periodic cleaning and the tape fix was what I was referring to.

The patch addresses a general flaw, but all pedals will require the cleaning (and the tape replaced) every few months.

I don't use the profiler at all.

Before starting LFS, I go to windows and calibrate the wheel, then ,when lfs starts, I press the pedals and turn the wheel left and right fully.

I haven't had any problems in about a year. At least since S2 came out, and quite a while before, if I recall correctly.

I used the 'tweak' program for a while, but I haven't had to bother with it lately. Also, the calibration lock in the game made no difference for me.
Tape fix, still works. And naturally i cleaned all the hair anf dust and took out the mosquito out of the pedals.
Ok so I see I will have to use tape. Going to do it today.

Very very sad story.
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG