The online racing simulator
Just had a go on LFS 0.04Q from 2002 :)
Can't recall playing LFS at such an early development, was probably hooked in a year later; I can't remember, anyhow, just had a go with the 2002 demo build...

What a long way LFS has come. The boys must've been developing now for at least five years - a real achievement I reckon.

Interesting that the FPS is not quite so fluid as today's version - clearly Lord Roberts of Blackwood has improved and polished the engine over these years as well as improvements in drivers/graphics cards/DX and PC kit in general I expect which I suppose helps.

A nice little step back in time - why not give it a try?

I'm back off to Blackwood (c) 2002 again now - just to admire those 'blinging' GTi wheels LOL....

Regards

JT
there also a .04k download floating around somewhere on the forum ... the earliest public version of lfs afaik
Well done Shotglass for guessing the F1 connection by the way!
hi,
i brought this topic up in the big disscussion this morning, but nobody reacted.
do you have the possibilities to set up a server for a nostaligia race?
or can we just race ip to ip?

peace mo
Hello Mo I saw your post earlier and that prompted me to give it a go - no can do on the multiplayer though I'm afraid - besides the performance in game is far from smooth for me despite getting very decent FPS out of S2...

Thanks for the idea though!
Quote from molocco :hi,
i brought this topic up in the big disscussion this morning, but nobody reacted.
do you have the possibilities to set up a server for a nostaligia race?
or can we just race ip to ip?

peace mo

dunno if anobody still has the dedi or if there is any dedi for those old versions
but if somebody runs a non dedi server it should work just like any other lfs server (might not show up on the list though
ok i run a game: ip 84.164.197.254
game name is: demo_test
no password
just try it, i dunno if my router is set up properly...

peace mo

game version: DEMO 0.04Q !!! that is what this topic was about... if you need that version just download it from here http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloadsarchive
you might want to post some info on what exact version of lfs is running on the server
--> bump, because of the edit... so the addition would be recognized...
Sounds like a riot, downloading now, even though I'm terribly slow at BW in the demo cars.
Downloading now!

I'll be there in a jiffy!
#12 - Jakg
dwnloading now as wel and im not that bad at bl, but i have no sets!
Can't get in, dude. Connect failed
turn the server back on! :P
Yeah! Turn the server back on or I'll stomp your cat!
try connecting to specifc game, then either ip adress or game name
and connection type: firewall...

tell me if it don´t work... if it works i will see you

peace mo
yourll need to port forward
yes i thought so and opened the tcp and udp 63392 as stated on the lfs website, but the old demo maybe needs other ports opened?
any ideas?

peace mo
Ok, I got a game going on 81.166.171.235

And it's port 63992, btw
Quote from atledreier :Ok, I got a game going on 81.166.171.235

And it's port 63992, btw

nope: ClientConnect: Could not resolve host
no i get an error message when connecting:
"client connect: cannot resolve address"

peace mo
try 195.158.179.173 absolutely no fw or routers or anything running on my end
did not receive guest info.. at least it connected...
okay shotglass: ur connection gives a different error; but i think i can connect to your game. the error is: "did not receive guest info"
think of turning master server off!
peace mo
#25 - Jakg
nope, can get into neither server!

give up does Jakg, it will not recogniz my pedals!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG