The online racing simulator
Can't get wheel to work
(9 posts, started )
Can't get wheel to work
I bought a wheel for my ps2 like 5 years ago. I bought a PS2 to USB connector off ebay so I could use the wheel for LFS. When I go in to lfs and try to set it up, nothing responds if I hit the buttons on the wheel or the pedals. If I hit the "set up" button on the wheel it will go from full left on the bottom of the screen to full right. Any idea on how to set it up? I have read though the lfs manual but it didn't help.

Thanks, Tyler
=D. I think this will be a bit more beneficial now that you started a new thread and people can read right off the bat from the title what your question is. Please don't take my previous post personally. I don't really know what I am doing =P

Is there a 'digital/analog' button on the wheel? If so, try toggling with it. What exactly is the model of the wheel? Also, are you using the latest version of LFS (Z28?)? How about the adapter?

GenesisX

Welcome to LFS =D
Do you have any drivers installed for the wheel in Windows? I remember when I hacked together my old PS1 wheel to plug into my old printer port it required drivers.

The converter probably just enables you to plug the wheel in but my guess is you still need correct drivers to actually use the thing.
There were drivers for the converter thing
there were not any for the wheel.
Hmmm... That may be the thing. Try playing around with it. I myself do NOT have any electronical, hardware-ish backgrounds, but maybe the digital is doing an ON - OFF switch type of thing, such as if the wheel is @ full lock, then it is now 'ON' and sends the signal that the wheel is left or right respectively.

Give it a try =D.
Sorry for double post...

I double checked the name of your wheel, and dumped it into Google. What can I do without Google. Anyways, I looked at this website. http://xbox.about.com/od/xboxa ... ries/fr/madcatzmc2rev.htm

Apparently, there is a thing called 'deadzone' which can be adjusted. What it is is stated on the page. It is the amount of rotation before the turn gets registered. In this case, the deadzone set on your wheel is too great, and you will need to adjust it. How? I do not know. Manuals? maybe buttons on the wheel? Yours to find out. Anyways, that is the answer to your question. Enjoy some LFS! =D

GenesisX
The wheel menu doesn't come up when it is plugged in to the computer but it does when plugged in to ps2. I ll change it on ps2 and then hook it up on the computer.
I set it to the least amount and it still goes to full lock. Hmm...

Can't get wheel to work
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG