The online racing simulator
Fans of rock and punkrock metal??
(104 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :Did punk even exist in the way people like to think it did? Seeing as quite a few original punk bands were either boy bands put together by managers or quickly did what music snobs would call 'selling out'. Perhaps punk wasn't as anti-establishment as people think.

Some of the punk bands that came later (in the '80s) were pretty legit. Subhumans spring to mind, with their "Pay no more than £2.50" worked into the sleeve art and stuff.

Sure the Pistols thing was a bit dishonest but they made a good fist of it in the end. TBH I think PiL was way more punk than the Pistols anyway.
#28 - 5haz
Quote from thisnameistaken :Some of the punk bands that came later (in the '80s) were pretty legit. Subhumans spring to mind, with their "Pay no more than £2.50" worked into the sleeve art and stuff.

I'm sure there were, but I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about it all.

Quote from thisnameistaken :TBH I think PiL was way more punk than the Pistols anyway.

They were certainly more interesting, even if Lydon's 'singing' is terrible (I don't care if that kind of thing is considered 'avant garde').
Oh dear.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Oh growling and screaming and blastbeats I love (*love* a good kick-drum blastbeat), but it has to have a tune in there too. Arch Enemy is a good example.

Hells yea, Blast Beats are freaking awesome.
Quote from zeugnimod :There's nothing wrong with today's rock music, tbh. There isn't more or less good music, it's just different than in the 70s.

There's plenty of it to be found if you actually search for it instead of whining how it doesn't exist.

For example:
Shinedown
Alter Bridge (epic song, IMO)
The Airborne Toxic Event
Slipknot (I guess most will disagree with that being good but still )
Hurt (this song is off one of the best albums of the 00's, IMO)
Placebo (another great album)
Five Finger Death Punch
Incubus
Submersed
Fair To Midland
Scars On Broadway
Queens Of The Stone Age
Serj Tankian
System Of A Down
Red
30 Seconds To Mars ("emo" but I don't care )
Three Days Grace (see above)
Breaking Benjamin (see above again )
Lacuna Coil
Tool
Muse
Apocalyptica
Evanescence
Godsmack
Foo Fighters
Staind
Stone Sour
Korn
Rammstein
Die Happy
The Gathering
Agua De Annique
Deftones
Within Temptation
Tenacious D
Paramore
Flyleaf
Kings Of Leon
Metallica

Everything from after 2000 and everything good to great (IMO).

I actually didn't intend to make such a long list but the bands just kept coming and coming.

Quote from zeugnimod :

I think you have the widest spread music taste I've ever seen a person having. (Soll ein Kompliment sein)

@Chris: Offspring is very awesome, I also like it very much, and Paramore is pretty decent too.
I'd debate a couple on that list ( ), but essentially, "+1000000"
I found some that are a bit meh but 98% of it was awesome.
I already find Tenacious D funny.
And i simply love Flyleaf and godsmack.
Kings of Leon has a band that looks a bit like it to Foo Fighter i like that band to.

That five finger death punch was a bit meh for my taste, I would choose Disturbed over it any day.
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fist
Disturbed - Indestructible
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I found some that are a bit meh but 98% of it was awesome.
I already find Tenacious D funny.
And i simply love Flyleaf and godsmack.
Kings of Leon has a band that looks a bit like it to Foo Fighter i like that band to.

That five finger death punch was a bit meh for my taste, I would choose Disturbed over it any day.
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fist
Disturbed - Indestructible

Tenacious D is very funny, yea. Have you seen the movie? A Must-see.
Anyways, Kings Of Leon doesn't really compare with Foo Fighter imho. And also Disturbed...well...imho it sucks
Quote from Stefani24 :Tenacious D is very funny, yea. Have you seen the movie? A Must-see.
Anyways, Kings Of Leon doesn't really compare with Foo Fighter imho.

I like both of them i just use this simple form of logic fact.
They both look like 70's hippies with long hair
Quote from Stefani24 :I think you have the widest spread music taste I've ever seen a person having. (Soll ein Kompliment sein)

No, that's me

I tend to like individual songs rather than bands per se - I have so many artists in my music library that I just have 1 song of, however I also have lots that I have loads of songs from.

I'll admit to not being very good at "labelling" music in specific genres, nor would I say I really know what "punkrock" is I can however say that there is a definite correlation between how much I hate a song and how "heavy metal" it is. I listen to lots of different types of music, from your "pop" stuff through to "classic rock" from the 80s. Some of the bands mentioned definitely go on my "dislike" list [metallica et al] - they just sound like someone from down the rough part of town shouting alot. [ofc my opinion ]

My favourite music atm, I would say, is kinda "pop-rock" stuff. [does this genre exist?? ] Stuff like Avril Lavigne, Pink, Nickleback, REM, Simple Plan, and more general "pop" stuff, like Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, The Feeling, James Blunt and things like that.

However, if I were to give a list of my favourite all-time acts, it's [slightly surpisingly] dominated by British Bands:

The Beatles
ELO
Queen
Robbie Williams [no, I'm not gay - he rocks!]
REM
Oasis
Michael Buble
The Police

So you could probably say I have quite a strange taste in music for a 17yo boy, but I don't care - music gets me through the day whether it's good or bad

[Sorry for the off-topicness of this post!]
Quote from J@tko :

[Sorry for the off-topicness of this post!]

Remember rock thread :razznot pop)

With the red tekst I agree.
There's one thing I don't like about metal / rock / punk, which is that I can neve keep up with what my favorite sub-genres are called these days.

I like most of it and love quite a lot of it. Until the dreaded user error incident I have a very large collection which I'd regularly listen too.

My favorite band are Genitorturers, which may or may not be in one or more of the following sub genres: Metal; Heavy Metal; Industrial Metal; EBM infused Metal; Black Metal; Fettish Metal; and/or Hardcore Metal.
@J@tko: Of course Pop-Rock exists. But Robbie Williams is not pop-rock. He's just pop imo.
I think 30stm are an example for pop-rock.

And a very good example for fantasy influenced Power Metal would be Blind Guardian...such an awesome German Band.
Quote from Stefani24 :I think you have the widest spread music taste I've ever seen a person having. (Soll ein Kompliment sein)

Thx then.

Actually, that list is far from complete since those are only the rock bands.

I do mainly listen to rock but love me some pop (not the likes of Britney Spears and Lady GaGa :P) or trance (with female vocals) as well. A lot of german bands are missing as well since putting them in wouldn't make much sense on an international forum.
For me is goa psy trance all the way :drugs: but I like other electronic music styles, but vocal trance.. :vomit:
:hippy:

In the last years im listening alot to classic prog rock! That rules Camel anyone?

Yeah sry this is punk rock thread
I love most types of metal music, stuff like Arch Enemy which Crashgate3 posted about, i really like. I suppose my fave sub-genres would be thrash metal and melodic death metal.
Pantera, Metallica, Opeth, Slayer, Hatebreed, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Stone Sour, are all bands i listen to frequently...
My taste tend to stick into this very thread, i only listen to this kind of music... anything else is kinda pisses me off.

The list is in no particilar(spelling?) order its just as i come up with them...

Power/melodic

Blind Guardian(1996/1998 albums and forward)
Nightwish
Bal sagoth
Falconer(awesome swedish band, a must hear!)
Epica
Magica
Sirenia
Avantasia
Gamma Ray
Edguy
Kamelot(awesome live)
Freedom Call
Rhapsody of fire

Thrash

Blind Guardian 1988-1995(thrash/something else actually )
Venom
Nuclear Assault
Overkill
Metallica
Slayer(80´s)
Megadeth
Kreator

Other, old and new.

Finntroll
Korpiklaani
WASP
Arch Enemy
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motörhead
Hammerfall

Then there is alot of single songs i think its to much job of typing... But it´s mainly all the classic songs like "stairway to heaven" and some 80´s songs by Motley/def leppard/poison... yeah you get it... the list gets very LONG
Quote from tiagolapa :For me is goa psy trance all the way :drugs: but I like other electronic music styles, but vocal trance.. :vomit:
:hippy:

In the last years im listening alot to classic prog rock! That rules Camel anyone?

Yeah sry this is punk rock thread

I better not say anything about trance, but classic prog/prog rock is awesome.
I espacially love Rush, as a progrock band.
Quote from J@tko :The Beatles
ELO
Queen
REM
Oasis
Michael Buble
The Police

So you could probably say I have quite a strange taste in music for a 17yo

ELO's a strange one. My older brother listened to them a lot when I was growing up so I know most of their songs, but wouldn't expect anyone younger than me to know/care about them. They were shockingly uncool even at the time.

Fans of rock and punkrock metal??
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG