The online racing simulator
Changing Driver Name
(6 posts, started )
Changing Driver Name
For some reason whenever I change my name through Option,Driver it always switches back once I close lfs. I even tried deleted the old one but it still resets to default when I start. Its not a life threatening thing but sometimes I forgot and go in a race and then have to change it there. Sure there is a simple solution but I can't figure it out for anything. Thanks.
#2 - amp88
What operating system are you running and where is your LFS folder located (e.g. C:/Program Files/LFS)?
Windows XP and its just in c:
Make sure LFS and it's subdirectories (including all files) are not write-protected (read-only), the data/misc/ directory in particular as that's where your player profiles are stored
#5 - amp88
OK, can you find the "cfg.txt" file in the LFS folder and make sure it's not set to read only? Right click on it, go to Properties then look for the Read-Only box near the bottom. Make sure that box isn't selected.
Quote from morpha :Make sure LFS and it's subdirectories (including all files) are not write-protected (read-only), the data/misc/ directory in particular as that's where your player profiles are stored

Quote from amp88 :OK, can you find the "cfg.txt" file in the LFS folder and make sure it's not set to read only? Right click on it, go to Properties then look for the Read-Only box near the bottom. Make sure that box isn't selected.

Thanks, it was Read only. Hopefully next time I start lfs, no more old name. thanks again.

Changing Driver Name
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG