The online racing simulator
Formula LFS
(3 posts, started )
Formula LFS
Guys,

I am looking at starting a Formula LFS league that will run at 9am CST (-6 GMT) Sunday mornings or 8:30pm CST Monday nights. Yes, this pretty much means its the western hemisphere but its open to anyone really.

Rules have not been finalized, but the series will be using the Forumla XR chassis. It will also be, at least to start with, a developmental series more akin to Formula BMW or towards the higher end Atlantics or GP2. In other words, if you are an ace, this series probably isn't for you! If however you are a intermediate driver, or even an advanced beginer who has mastered the basics of car control, who will be looking for a F1/ChampCar/IndyCar style series then this will be for you.

So to recap:

F1/ChampCar/IndyCar style series using the Formula XR chassis.

Will run Sunday mornings or Monday nights.

Rules not yet defined, but more than likely 2 heats per event ala GP2 so a short and then a long run. Qualifying will give setup for short and then short will give inverted order for long which will have a mandantory pitstop.

It'll run for 6 to 8 races, every other week with a practice session/fun-run in the off week.

Anyone who has mastered the basics of car control and is looking for a clean and fun racing environment is welcome.

Aces, i.e. anyone that can race against the upper crust of the series this probably isn't for you.

The series will concentrate on racing development such as lines, setups, and tactics. You must be willing to share setups, information, tips, etc. with fellow competitors.

Drivers will be required to submit a critique of themselves and one competitor (choosen by staff) after the event.

What am I looking for?
I'd like to see between 8 and 12 drivers.
Drivers who have hosting abilities and website expertise are especially welcome (I can do it quite well, but would prefer not to .

Lastly, while I did say that the series isn't really going to be aimed at ace drivers, those that are willing to hang around, hand out tips, give constructive advice, etc. are more than welcome.

In the future, I'd like to expand to use the Formula V8s as a graduation avenue for drivers who skills are getting better.

Thanks.
Think of joining SimFIA ... We currently have an F1 league running, GP2, and DTM will come soon.
Quote from Dygear :Think of joining SimFIA ... We currently have an F1 league running, GP2, and DTM will come soon.

Dygear, I appreciate the offer, but 2pm CST on Sundays is really inconvient, especially during spring, summer and fall months.

Formula LFS
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG