The online racing simulator
Modernize the cars in LFS
(44 posts, started )
Quote from AndRand :if ALL the cars would be facelifted at once

Well yeah ofc, sry if i were a little unclear :P
I don't think the cars should change. A lot of them look like '90s models, they were allready older models in 2003

Newe cars for S3 could have a more modern look.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Meh, modern rounded edges look incredibly bland to me

You mean modern as in Austin Healey Sprite, AC Cobra, '58 Vette, E-Type Jag? ;D Give me classic, rounded and chromed... it's why I love GTL.

Keep liking the boxey and we'll end up with Moskvitch Turbo Racing, and you don't want that... do you?
Those cars have classic rounded edges, with large bulges here and there. They tended to have three-dimensional curves. Most modern cars have no such thing.
Quote from Lee Turbo :You mean modern as in Austin Healey Sprite, AC Cobra, '58 Vette, E-Type Jag? ;D Give me classic, rounded and chromed... it's why I love GTL.

Keep liking the boxey and we'll end up with Moskvitch Turbo Racing, and you don't want that... do you?

Delta Integrale, Celica ST165 GT4, '86 Corolla, 86-87 Merc 190E, 86-87 M3.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Delta Integrale, Celica ST165 GT4, '86 Corolla, 86-87 Merc 190E, 86-87 M3.

'98 Nissan Cube... my point was, age doesn't determine the shape.
I disagree with your point.
I don't think that this is difficult to do. It can really refresh our sim!
I'd like them to go both ways. Have some modern cars (some touring cars on slicks kthx) and also some classic 60s/70s cars. Doesn't have to be real ones, just something that captures the idea of them.
I would really want to see them add atleast 1 or 2 other cars together with the UF1, atleast one of them being RWD. Would add a whole new dimention of racing to LFS...

And NO! i dont think we should facelift the cars in LFS since they are indeed a trademark in/for LFS aswell as a good physics engine.

I am not against new cars in LFS but there is so much more that can be done with the cars we already have instead.

Like taking the FXR, slap a weaker n/a engine in it and balance it to compete against the XFR and UFR, and then make a GTR of the RB4 the RBR!!!

And adjust the handling of the RAC and then balance the FZ and the LX6 out and make yet another class with 3 cars. Scrap the LX4 and add a new car there... maybe a RB4 with a n/a engine to compete in the GTi class?

Remove the MRT and make a fantasy gocart instead. Do NOT add more formula cars!! there is already enough of those! maybe make a fantasy nascar for oval...

Just my 2 cents.
i agree 100%, actually 92%, why would we ever remove cars
as i wrote in "cars we whant to see in s3"..

add more cars that add up the the allready existing cars/classes..

no facelifts.. just add..
i was thinking why not have something like forza that way (not promoting vob mods) it would A be easier for devs to add cars B user generated cars... only downside... we would need to upload the vobs to LFS world... problem is if the user does not have car in lfs world would it be locked for online use :P
think of all the noobs out there who makes a car whit a long spike in the front or 20m wide.. or something like that.. lol
#40 - Gunn
-1 to modernise the cars. +1 for more cars.
I Dont want wait 2 Years for a simple facelift.

I love the look of the ´80 cars, i dont like the rounded newer Models,
they have less charm.
Maybe a modernized version of one of the cars to be added to S3 would be cool, but the current cars should stay as is.
Quote from Xenix74 :I Dont want wait 2 Years for a simple facelift.

I love the look of the ´80 cars, i dont like the rounded newer Models,
they have less charm.

yea.. 70's-90's cars have the sexyes shapes out there..

future cars just looks like spaceships.. lol.. ugly.. =P
You know what. This is a great idea. I believe that if that comes with the new physic updates (with upgraded setups), that'd feel like a new model. Small suspension tweaks, and a facelift. We're talking about a 1989 RX7 here =DDDDD...

Modernize the cars in LFS
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG