The online racing simulator
Good-Quality Headset
(9 posts, started )
Good-Quality Headset
I'm in search of a new headset, but I'm bewildered by the choice. I simply have no idea what to go with. I seek your recommendations.

The obvious things I want are a good quality mic, great quality sound and bass and comfort for extended use (I'm talking several hours here).

I've been looking at this Sennheiser PC350 and it's got some very good reviews, but I'm open to any other suggestions. My budget range is up to £110. But for that price they'd have to be seriously good!
I prefer a nice set of headphones (currently Grado SR-125) and a lapel mic.
I can recommend Crative Fatal1ty series headset (HS-1000), bought mine last year and ... yea, best bang for the buck i can say.
FYI the PC350 is basicly a HD555 closed with a mic attached
If I wanted to buy a nice mic in addition, (remember I'm a commentator here) it would cost more than the extra price you pay for the mic attached to the headphones. So I'm pretty much looking for an all-inclusive item here, unless you guys have a recommendation for a very good standalone mic that doesn't cost the earth.
I think when choosing a headset you really have to take in to account the durability as much as sound quality. I've had many headsets and also tested loads for many companies.

My favourites for durability without a doubt are sennheisers! I am currently using the PC350's and they took about two weeks to bed in before getting the full bass. Boogle has also had his over a year now and super pleased with his too.

I've not found many others to have the build quality apart from the PC160's I have.
Thanks for the info, guys.

Andy, sounds like you have an amazing job; testing headphones! I'd love that... Interesting you say about headphones bedding in. I didn't realise you had to use them for a while before you got their full potential!
I use Creative Fatal1ty HS-1000 headset, awesome for its price btw. I wore them for about 2 months until they started to feel comfortable, i can wear them even for over 8 hours (no joke) and no problems at all. Also, as with all speakers, dont play them on full volume at first. "Play them in" first, low volume for like few hours i could say

Edit: ow lol, ive already posted in this thread before :P

Good-Quality Headset
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG