The online racing simulator
rev block...
(15 posts, started )
rev block...
I dont know what it is called in english... but its when you rev a car a bit over its redline and its "blocking" the revving... I would like a more "thænn thænn thænn" not just a rumble at its max...
#2 - Vain
What you describe is a rev-limiter, and these devices are usually one of the first things to remove in a racecar (this depends on a car, in some you don't thouch the limiter anyway and thus leave it).

Vain
no, hes talking about an RPM limiter like vain said
:p
what I mean is... Step on the throttle... let the engine rev until it reaches max.. THAT! I would like a better limitter on lfs...
#5 - Vain
"better" is the wrong expression. LFS doesn't have a rev-limitter at all. The engine just revs until it produces so few power that it can't overcome it's own friction.

Vain
#6 - _Rob_
No, LFS has a rev limiter on each car
Each car in LFS has a limiter. What the thread starter is trying to say is that rather than a smooth cut off, where the revs stay constant, it would be more like real life where the revs rise and fall. It's called bouncing off the limiter, and LFS doesn't do it.

+1
yeah it would be cooler if it bounced off the rev limiter. even gran turismo has this
now you got it! (some of you) In S1 its like the car cant rev it any longer... it is a rev limitter in every car in s2! i mean it should be like toca race driver or gran turismo
Something like this?
Attached files
123.mp3 - 75.8 KB - 243 views
Lol, he should learn how to change gear. At least his car looks sensible, unlike that ricer one I posted in the ricer thread.
Its not that he dont know how to change gears! it so he can maintain the boost when he gears! because that heap of junk of a car has so much turbo lag!
Quote from Vain :What you describe is a rev-limiter, and these devices are usually one of the first things to remove in a racecar (this depends on a car, in some you don't thouch the limiter anyway and thus leave it).

Most racing cars do now run with rev limiters (as even cars running on carbs often now having proper engine managment) it saves a lot of hassle with bent valves as a result of missing a gear.
a Simulated Rev Limiter in LFS
if you have an H shifter, you can simulate a rev limiter in LFS, thats only if you do not have a clutch like i do and you are using automatic clutch instead, to get the limiter, (which in fact is not really a limiter when i explain further) basically press Shift + G (switches to automatic) when you arrive at the cars shift point you will notice that the rpm needle is bouncing...

this is because LFS is thinking it needs to upshift but it cannot due to the fact that a H shifter is installed, this seems to act like a rev limiter, not a proper one but close enough.

when you look at it closely and when you have the show pedals option enabled, you see that the clutch is rapidly moving, when you arrive at the simulated rev limiter, this happens with ALL cars in the game.

you will just need an H Shifter to simulate this and no clutch installed.

just some info that i discovered ^.^

J.S.
(CSR)Shum
R.N.:jeremysmith

rev block...
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG