The online racing simulator
FBM Blackwood- Is setupfield.net lying to me?
When I first decided to start FBM I checked team INFERNO and downloaded the fastest setup 1:11.950 by "testdriver". I could run consistent 1:14s but couldn't break into the 1:13s so I checked the setup field once again and noticed something odd. The setup by "testdriver" is faster than anything on LFSworld.net.

One thing is for sure, vincper's setup (seems to be the most downloaded one) feels nothing like testdrivers, I don't recognize the FBM I drive now, but at least it requires me to run a line more similar to the guys putting in 1:13's, which is a good sign.

Here come the questions. Is "testdrivers" setup garbage? Lies? And is this new setup I'm using, 1:12.44 originally by "lefty" the most accepted setup?
#2 - J@tko
I'm pretty sure you just "input" your time into the box when you upload a setup, so I could upload a XFG/BL1 set with "1.31.05" as the time perfectly legally.
Quote from J@tko :I'm pretty sure you just "input" your time into the box when you upload a setup, so I could upload a XFG/BL1 set with "1.31.05" as the time perfectly legally.

The honor system then.
Can anyone confirm that "lefty" setup trumps "testdriver"?
Quote from AsylumEscapee :When I first decided to start FBM I checked team INFERNO and downloaded the fastest setup 1:11.950 by "testdriver". I could run consistent 1:14s but couldn't break into the 1:13s so I checked the setup field once again and noticed something odd. The setup by "testdriver" is faster than anything on LFSworld.net.

One thing is for sure, vincper's setup (seems to be the most downloaded one) feels nothing like testdrivers, I don't recognize the FBM I drive now, but at least it requires me to run a line more similar to the guys putting in 1:13's, which is a good sign.

Here come the questions. Is "testdrivers" setup garbage? Lies? And is this new setup I'm using, 1:12.44 originally by "lefty" the most accepted setup?

Well testdriver isnt official WR holder so i doubt he has set that time without any cutting/major drafting if he has actually set that time. Also, Vincpers setup feels to weird, because its designed to last 1 full lap, it is very oversteery hotlap setup. However it requires less wheel movement on a hotlap. And its usually true, that the less you turn the wheel, the faster you go. However the setup might not suit you as your driving style is probably different than his. I used Vincpers setup and got 1.12.96, however that required about 200 laps to get it, because i got used to other BL1 setups before i tried Vincpers one. It all depends which driving style you have when choosing a setup.
Quote from EliteAti :Well testdriver isnt official WR holder so i doubt he has set that time without any cutting/major drafting if he has actually set that time. Also, Vincpers setup feels to weird, because its designed to last 1 full lap, it is very oversteery hotlap setup. However it requires less wheel movement on a hotlap. And its usually true, that the less you turn the wheel, the faster you go. However the setup might not suit you as your driving style is probably different than his. I used Vincpers setup and got 1.12.96, however that required about 200 laps to get it, because i got used to other BL1 setups before i tried Vincpers one. It all depends which driving style you have when choosing a setup.

Instead of choosing a setup that best suits my style, I'd rather choose a fast setup and mold my driving habits to suit what I know works.
Seems like there's a difficulty to speed ratio in all good setups.
Vincper setups from fastest to slowest:
Hotlap, "you will need to be on the limit every corner"
Hotlap, by lefty.
Hotlap setup "made more stable."
Race setup.
Easy to drive race setup.

The easier the drive, the worse it's potential.

I guess I'll try to learn his standard race setup. See if I can break 1:13.

I'd still love to know somebody's fastest time with testdriver's setup if anyone's tried it.
#6 - Juzaa
Quote from AsylumEscapee :Instead of choosing a setup that best suits my style, I'd rather choose a fast setup and mold my driving habits to suit what I know works.
Seems like there's a difficulty to speed ratio in all good setups.
Vincper setups from fastest to slowest:
Hotlap, "you will need to be on the limit every corner"
Hotlap, by lefty.
Hotlap setup "made more stable."
Race setup.
Easy to drive race setup.

The easier the drive, the worse it's potential.

I guess I'll try to learn his standard race setup. See if I can break 1:13.

You don't need ''hard to drive'' setup to drive under 1.13. I've driven 1.12.74 with my setup which is very easy to drive and under 1.13 with many other setups. The most important thing is to have good driving lines and try to turn your wheel as little as possible.
If you drive with wheel I suggest you learn to drive with ''hard'' setup and try to learn to control the amount you push throttle in turns and achieve better times with that.
If you don't have a wheel and drive with any system that has throttle on/off (personally I prefer joystick) you need to have ''easy'' setup since you need to brake more and go through the corners with full throttle. (which you can't do with setup that oversteers a lot)
Anyway, my point is that the setups don't affect that much, perhaps you can get a tenth off your time with the optimum setup for your driving style, but your driving style depends on your equipment and besides you can drive under 1.13 quite easily with almost all setups that are good. Pick a setup that feels right or at least pick a fast setup and alter it to your driving style (wings, etc...)
Quote from AsylumEscapee :The honor system then.
Can anyone confirm that "lefty" setup trumps "testdriver"?

It`s generally a good idea to use only setups from known and respected drivers. That makes it more likely that the time indicated next to the setup is really true. you should also check the lfsworld WR for the combo, if the difference in time is too big, it`s probably fake (or a typo). If you find anything like that, just post it at the say what?! board. We don`t check each setup that is uploaded, but if it`s reported, we will take a look at it and remove/change the comment.
I agree with Victor, you should only use setups from people who are well known in the lfs community for their sets (scipy, vincper, squasseL etc)

and of course the wr is 1:12.08 by bawbag, not 1:11 or so

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG