The online racing simulator
12/02/10 LLWS 2010 Round 6 - Chase Cup Blackwood Winter GP
The Chase Cup starts with this race. The top 5 of driver's points won't score for this special cup, so it is the best cup for newcomers to get a good cup finish. Additionally the Blackwood Winter Grand Prix is the last race where you can have a drop result. The best 5 results out of the 6 races will be the score you carry into the season finale. Lez's get reaady for the chase!

Quote :Short: BL1
Length: 3.3 km / 2.1 miles

The Blackwood Circuit has been revamped twice in the history of LFS - once at the start of S2 and again for patch Y. The S2 version added a better pit lane and removed some rather large bumps, and Patch Y made more improvements to the facilities and tightening the chicane. Although the characteristic tight chicane of the original turned into a long wide one, it's still Blackwood. Besides this chicane,the tight hairpin (first turn), the long straight and the esses in the back of the track are defining the look and feel of Blackwood.

Times in UTC

1840 Start of the Official Free Practice Session (15min)
1855 Arrival Deadline
1900 Qualifying Group 1
1910 Qualifying Group 2
1920 Fast-6 Superpole
1930 Race 60 minutes + 1 Formation Lap - Pits will open on minute 16 and will close on minute 45.

Q1

Q2
16a

accidently having two cars 16... 16a is a temporary starting number until we get this sorted... That's my fault actually... 16a is the car of spdo
#2 - J@tko
I'm going to try and race this one
So if I understand the statement above..."The top 5 of driver's points won't score for this one"

Means if any driver is in the top 5 of the drivers champs then they won't score points? Not if they finish in the top 5 of this race.

Perfect time to not give a damn about turning up then?

But I love the league so much, and from a strategic point of view, I could block positions off. But it still doesn't make sense to me...

If I were to finish 1st-5th would I still be classed as to have finished in that position and any points given dont apply, but the person behind me finishes 2nd then surely they finish with 2nd-class points and will not be bumped up to 1st because I don't score?

Sorry but Im trying to make sense of whats going on here
Quote from adamlfs :So if I understand the statement above..."The top 5 of driver's points won't score for this one"

Means if any driver is in the top 5 of the drivers champs then they won't score points? Not if they finish in the top 5 of this race.

Perfect time to not give a damn about turning up then?

But I love the league so much, and from a strategic point of view, I could block positions off. But it still doesn't make sense to me...

If I were to finish 1st-5th would I still be classed as to have finished in that position and any points given dont apply, but the person behind me finishes 2nd then surely they finish with 2nd-class points and will not be bumped up to 1st because I don't score?

Sorry but Im trying to make sense of whats going on here

the top 5 won't score for the chase cup... the driver's championship is a different story
The chase cup is for the last bit of the season to motivate new drivers to compete and to get a statisfying field through out the whole season... it was used in LFSCART and MiniFBM lately, and is a regular championship for LFSCART 2010, LLSS 2010 and LLWS 2010
Set up practise on the LLWS server, please... and maybe also get it passworded.
7 days and 2 hours to go: then we go blackwood racing
Definitely in.

Altough the T1 carnage will be inevitable, this one, I do not want to miss. I want to drive this track so bad as this combo has not been online on full grids anywhere anymore, which is sad and this is one of my favourite combos, where I am actually quite fast, :o

Also, broadcast pl0x
Quote from nikopdr :Also, broadcast pl0x

Astroboy likes this

On a serious note, should be fun
No broadcast please

this time I wont be in a similar position as in the last race, i dont like the track very much with the FOX and i dont have a good setup yet.
so i just hope to finish the race, the top 3 positions i guess will be rudy, sascha or james, but the other SR guys are also quite strong
:weeping::weeping::weeping:
Quote from Timo1992 :No broadcast please

this time I wont be in a similar position as in the last race, i dont like the track very much with the FOX and i dont have a good setup yet.
so i just hope to finish the race, the top 3 positions i guess will be rudy, sascha or james, but the other SR guys are also quite strong

Quote from Timo1992 ::weeping::weeping::weeping:

Chase cup live on multiBC... I'm sorry this causes you weeping.
You should rather call it Chaos Cup.
How many laps would that be over the 60 mins?

Sorry I'm not as smart as you guys.
Ideally it's 51 laps but with all the SCs I'd be surprised if we did more than 45.
Ok, A wise person told me why broadcasting races destroys the quality of racing.

So please everyone... Don't do anything stupid for the camera's
hmm... TBOC have been very clean and there was a live audiance. Same at the LFSCART race at blackwood last season. So from my most recent experience it is no problem to have cameras + clean racing.

EDIT: Also Racing in Simulations is much greater, because noone can be hurt while Racing in Simulations is much crappier because noone can be hurt. I hope you understand what I mean,
I'm trying to make it, seems like I don't have anything else friday. So maybe cya there.
Very interested to hear what times people are running on the r2's

I have a very bad feeling im drastically off the pace
Quote from adamlfs :Very interested to hear what times people are running on the r2's

I have a very bad feeling im drastically off the pace

low 1:09s, which I guess is staggeringly slow
Well I tried to do an hour stint. Managed to near enough and would pretty much run out of fuel and I started with 75% lol

Was about 10mins till then end of the hour stint and wooo another spin. Basicly my car started to break itself.

And within another 50 odd laps of the track I still can't beat a 1.09.mid, I found out how to go quicker on the last split but still no luck.

First split is nooo problem at all for me, getting near the 22.mids but I lose all of my time at the last sector and final turns

I'm very worried about my overall pace and consistency for the race :worried:
Don't worry, you're not the only one I suppose Maybe we can fight for the bottom positions.

It's a hard track IMO, when I go almost full speed it's nice but when
I hit the full speed and go on limits suddenly I find myself in the sand or something else Let's hope for safetycarless race.
Quote from Rocket47 :Don't worry, you're not the only one I suppose Maybe we can fight for the bottom positions.

It's a hard track IMO, when I go almost full speed it's nice but when
I hit the full speed and go on limits suddenly I find myself in the sand or something else Let's hope for safetycarless race.

lol maybe, but I hope to find that im not at the bottom hehe

Yeah im in the same kind of place with pushing the limit but when it happens I normal have to back off majorly mid corner just to hold onto the car.

I pray this is a safety car race lol. If im losing time badly to others it will be a big help for me haha

But other than that, im gonna do another +100 laps today. Hopefully something will work or dawn on me, and I can manage a low 9 on race settings.
Quote from Rocket47 :Don't worry, you're not the only one I suppose Maybe we can fight for the bottom positions.

I'll most likely be behind you at the rear of the pack. I'm still trying to find a good setup.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG