The online racing simulator
We had one practice session with wind. Is the race or the two twin races going to be with wind in any kind?
Quote from Cawwa :We had one practice session with wind. Is the race or the two twin races going to be with wind in any kind?

Twins and Race to be determined based on forecast for the Kyoto Prefecture in Japan.
Quote from dekojester :Twins and Race to be determined based on forecast for the Kyoto Prefecture in Japan.

I heard there's a hurricane coming through in Japan next weekend.
Quote from PMD9409 :I heard there's a hurricane coming through in Japan next weekend.

I heard earthquakes.

Now that would make for some entertaining racing.
Tsunami then? We're going to need FZ5s. Boats in the water!
As an oval n00b (as mentioned in the broadcast ) could you clear a couple of things up please ?

Blue Flags - Do people have to yield to them ?
In all the NASCAR races I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen a blue flag, let alone someone yielding to the leaders. Most of the time they try and stay ahead to not lose a lap?

The apron - can you drive on it ?
Again, from watching NASCAR I gather that this is a per-track rule. Sometimes drivers use it, sometimes they get penalised for even putting a wheel on it (has caused crashes when they get pushed down but refuse to go over the line).

Have checked the rules...no specific mention of either.

Edit: Seems point 2 is covered in the Sporting Code
Blue flag means nothing in oval racing. As you said, you fight to stay on the lead lap. If you lost it and the leader have past you there's no point to fight any more so you can keep out of the way to let the leaders have their fight. That's a gentlemen agreement but no rule. You are not forced to move aside for cars at leading lap.

In Nascar it's only on the super speedways (where you use restrictor plates) you aren't allowed to pass anyone under the apron. At the other tracks it's allowed.
I don't recall apron is brought up in the rules for Kyoto250. It's only interesting in T1 and the strait between T1 and T2. In both turns you loose a lot of time if you use them and might loose the car as well. At the strait you can use it to pass without more danger then you get a bad approach to T2. I recommend you don't use the apron in Kyoto ...
Quote from Bean0 :
Blue Flags - Do people have to yield to them ?
In all the NASCAR races I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen a blue flag, let alone someone yielding to the leaders. Most of the time they try and stay ahead to not lose a lap?

V.Flags
4. Blue
a. Used as a warning to a slower car that a faster car is approaching. Use caution. Hold your line, and make no moves to impede the faster car.

Basically, just don't take a lapping car out Then refer to the sporting code oval section for how to unlap yourself
There is a blue flag in NASCAR btw. Normally it is only used in extreme situations with either heavy traffic on a short track or when someone is endangering the leader(s) by racing them too hard. Once being passed by the leader though you should just move out of the way for the others.

I presume you can drive on the apron, but it is a bit pointless don't you think? By the time you turn ALL the way down to the apron you've lost most of your momentum. If you are going on the apron before a turn trying to pass someone, I suggest re-thinking before attempting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG