The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
2010 Kyoto 250 - FAQ Thread
Ask all those n00bish, and not so n00bish questions in here

Here are a few to start:

Can I sign-up without meeting the entry crtieria?
Yes. And you won't be able to get into any practice sessions without sigining up anyway

How do I upload a hotlap?
Go to www.lfsworld.net and login with your normal LFS username and password. Double Click "S2 hotlaps", then click the tab labelled "Hotlap Charts". On the right is a place to upload your hotlap - do it there. Note the rest of the page doesnt have to be on the correct combo for it to upload.

Is my hotlap fast enough?
I dunno. But you can work it out:

Start -> accessories -> calculator. Input the time of the WR in seconds and type in "* 1.035". If you time is more than this, then no. If it's less, then yes.

I signed up, but my entry isn't listed in the entry list. Why?
2 things for this one:
  1. You're banned from NDR Events.
  2. Deko is asleep and hasn't updated it yet. Wait ~24h and try again.
When is the next practice session?
If there isn't a thread entitled "2010 Kyoto 250 - Practice Session <1 more than the last one>" in the 250 sub-forum, then we don't know. So please don't ask.

I got wrecked by Yann Laprevotte, where can I shout at him?
[yes, this is a very frequently asked question ]
Please don't. Put a protest in the relevant protest thread, we'll look at it and if necessary, we'll yell at him on your behalf.

Can I bumpdraft?
Yes.

Can I take T3 flat out?
Probably. Or maybe not?
Go and have a go :P

To maintain the highest speed, your best bet is to take a higher line than usual.

Where can I rule the views for the event?
Here and here.

Put any more in here
Quote from J@tko :Can I take T3 flat out?

Just to say - its really easy to take T3 flat out

So i'd say a definite yes
Quote from nikopdr :Just to say - its really easy to take T3 flat out

So i'd say a definite yes

Funny thing is that doesn't always mean you will be faster.
Quote from PMD9409 :Funny thing is that doesn't always mean you will be faster.

...or still have your car in one piece
Quote from PMD9409 :...or have a cooler RF tire.

Or make me go "Yellow yellow yellow Turn 3"

Or "CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION TURN 3" if you really noob it up.
Quote from dekojester :Or make me go "Yellow yellow yellow Turn 3"

Or "CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION TURN 3" if you really noob it up.

You forgot the mass !!! where you yell it all out.
And the "JESUS **** YOU GUYS NEED TO STRAIGHTEN UP"
Noob question: what's actually the combo ? I can nowhere read about it... I figure something with an oval but .. car ?

Also: is taking part in all practice sessions in order to race mandatory ?
Quote from GianniC :Noob question: what's actually the combo ? I can nowhere read about it... I figure something with an oval but .. car ?

Also: is taking part in all practice sessions in order to race mandatory ?

this is defenetely [spelled wrong? correct me, please, so i can learn] a n00b question but, anyway!

KY1 + XRT for Kyoto 250
KY1 + FO8 for Kyoto 500

hope this answers your question, mate!

also, being part of the practice sessions is kind of mandatory!! you have to complete your milleage around the track [150 online laps LEAST, if i aint wrong] and be in 3 or 4 practice sessions [so they can watch you and decide if you are capable of running together with other 30 cars and so...]
Here are the rquirements for the 2010 Kyoto 250 :
  • At least 175 Online Laps of KY1 (not KY1r) with the XRT
  • An hotlap uploaded to LFSWorld within 103.5% of the World Record
  • Attendance at 2 or more Officiallly sanctioned practice events
thanks a lot, Yann!!

you helped him much more than i did!
Quote from buck77 :thanks a lot, Yann!!

you helped him much more than i did!

Both aided, thanks!

PS: definately
Yes
thanks
Actually I lied. It means you're accepted into qualifying
well i understood that any how :P
thanks for the quick reply!
Asked in previous event and Deko said he'd need to think about it, so to bump it:

Q: If I am unable to be in Ventrillo during the event due to installation problems which can not be fixed, but my teammate can be in Ventrillo ànd he can communicate directly to me (eg. through TeamSpeak), will I be allowed to participate ?
Quote from Mustangman759 :If there is a blue yes in our name does that mean we are officialy accepted into the Kyoto 250 race? http://newdimensionracing.com/ ... /kyoto250-menu/entry-list
any help appreciated!

Quote from J@tko :Yes

Quote from J@tko :Actually I lied. It means you're accepted into qualifying

Actually that's not correct. Blue means it's still to be confirmed. Green means official and good.

And you have to qualify to race. but if you're green yes, it automatically lets you into the race since you can try to qualify.
Quote from dekojester :Actually that's not correct. Blue means it's still to be confirmed. Green means official and good.

And you have to qualify to race. but if you're green yes, it automatically lets you into the race since you can try to qualify.

kill joy thanks though! still a good sign to be a blue yes .
Hello, I've added my hotlap last week, but it still doesen't appear HERE.
What to do?
Quote from worldeye007 :Hello, I've added my hotlap last week, but it still doesen't appear HERE.
What to do?

you have to hurry up and wait....deko is prolly still sleeping
Hi guys! I read somewhere a while ago the number of practice sessions before the race, but now i can't find it :s, could someone tell me how many are left? Because my computer has blown up and I need to know whens the latest I can possibly have it back
Quote from pacesetter :Hi guys! I read somewhere a while ago the number of practice sessions before the race, but now i can't find it :s, could someone tell me how many are left? Because my computer has blown up and I need to know whens the latest I can possibly have it back

Thursday will be the last session probably. I don't think I'll run one Friday or Saturday because of LLWS & GTAL, unless I do one after LLWS Friday. Fulls chedule going up shortly

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG