The online racing simulator
#1 - 5tag
Nissan Silvia: Garage Boso Drift skin
Okay I said this is next on my skin-I-planned-to-do-list and I started off with it now. I got the base colours and the metallic effect for the yellow/golden paint done.

I will try to apply the livery of the Garage Boso "Rasta S15" onto the XRT.

Now of course the very hardest part will be those artworks on the hood and the sides. Therefor I am trying to contact the owner of the car or the guy who did the designs. The best possible outcome for this would be to get a vector/high resolution file of the original design. That however is not very likely to happen I know. The next best solution would be a high res photo of both the side and the hood shot from the most perpendicular angle possible.

If nobody is able to help me I'd still need help from a third person providing me with a high resoluted photo capture. I'd even draw it all myself but I can't seem to be able to find a picture of the complete design that is much wider than 600 pixels.

And of course if it turns out the owner or designer of the car is forbidding me to release a skin like that I would have to give up the whole idea. Actually I don't see why they should bother though but that could also apply to the part where I want them to help me so...

Let's just see!
Attached images
progress.jpg
#2 - macsy
#3 - 5tag
Quote from macsy :Darn, I just started doing this skin too, a couple of days ago. Well, let's see who get's it done first.. I've got the base colors done too, and some of the logos, and started doing the lion vinyl. But as for the reference images, check out these links:
http://the-perfect-exposure.bl ... la-drift-d1gp-garage.html
http://speedhunters.com/archiv ... -the-garage-boso-s15.aspx

Oh meh!^^

Found the speedhunters article too and the hood close up is pretty good. Only at the top of that graphic I can't see what's exactly going on especially because of the reflections but because the image is rather small too.

As for the first link: That is pretty damn good! I think I could draw the side graphic (which by the way I think is rather a dragon^^) from that myself.

Now I just don't really know what to do... maybe if you have the side done you could post a WIP shot here.
#4 - macsy
You can find some more shots of the hood from google ('garage boso s15 hood') and you can search speedhunters for miscelanious shots of the car. And about the vinyl, my first thought was also a dragon, but then it has this body and four legs and a funky tail, so I think it's more of a lion.. But I dunno..

I'll post a WIP shot when I get the side done, but it could take some serious time..
#5 - 5tag
Quote from macsy :You can find some more shots of the hood from google ('garage boso s15 hood') and you can search speedhunters for miscelanious shots of the car. And about the vinyl, my first thought was also a dragon, but then it has this body and four legs and a funky tail, so I think it's more of a lion.. But I dunno..

I'll post a WIP shot when I get the side done, but it could take some serious time..

*lol*... didn't expect that I could find pictures of the hood actually by adding the word "hood" to the google search.^^

About the time... that is also my concern. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time just for discovering somebody else did the skin yet.^^
#7 - macsy
But what about the scales? And the body is certainly not a body of a chinese dragon (snake-like), more of a lion (or other cat-thing). The tail is weird tho. Well, call it a hybrid..

I think with the current pace, I'm done in two weeks max, about a week for finishing the side vinyl, and another for the hood. Could be horribly wrong tho, if I get sidetracked
#8 - macsy
After many many hours of tracing..
The side vinyl is (almost) done now. Will need to play around with the colors bit more, I think.

Attached images
xrt_boso_WIP.jpg
Sick, i guess, is the right word. Looks very nice already!
#10 - 5tag
Quote from macsy :After many many hours of tracing..
The side vinyl is (almost) done now. Will need to play around with the colors bit more, I think.

I'm very happy you make such a big effort so it looks proper. If you want, I could finish the colour's (green needs a little metallic effect) and send them to you.
Quote from JazzOn :Sick, i guess, is the right word. Looks very nice already!

Haha, thanks!

Quote from 5tag :I'm very happy you make such a big effort so it looks proper. If you want, I could finish the colour's (green needs a little metallic effect) and send them to you.

That'd be swell! I thought your colors looked better than mine anyway. Are you using photoshop?
Got the hood vinyl done. Most likely won't have the skin finished by tomorrow, tho, there's still a buttload of things like the sponsor plate, those okinawa emblems, work wheels, d-max and garage boso logos and some more tribals to do.

Attached images
xrt_boso_WIP2.jpg
#13 - 5tag
I absolutely love it! It looks as clean as a vector graphic and you make it look like it was an actual sticker, leaving the clearances and parts of the air intake. :lovies:
It is a vector graphic, as it was done with the pen tool. Well, mostly. Some parts were brushed. Are you doing the colors, btw? You'd get your name on the skin
I'd like to note that it seems to me your red, macsy, is more spot on. Maybe its because of different reflection texture!? Or maybe its just me... im a sucker for everything that's vibrant. Oranje FTW

PS: have to agree with 5tag. Nice attention for detail and great work.
#16 - 5tag
Quote from JazzOn :I'd like to note that it seems to me your red, macsy, is more spot on. Maybe its because of different reflection texture!?

Nope, you are right. My attempt is more of an orange, his is more accurate. I guess we both use the standard reflections in the viewer.

I will try to get the colours most perfectly toned.
A small update: some new logos and new colors by 5tag. Thanks man! Started doing the sponsor plate, but I can't make out some of the sponsors. Could someone help me out? Here's a pic, two unknown sponsors circled.
edit: Got the sponsors: US Airforce and Eneos motor oil

WIP shot n.3

Attached images
sponsor_plate.jpg
xrt_boso_WIP3.jpg
-
(adamlfs) DELETED by adamlfs : Already posted
No idea if this is correct, I spent 10mins more than tom trying to find the oil logo and he beat me to it :P

It looks like it says Air Express.com or something, but this logo looks very close but mirrored

Thanks for the effort fellas! (tho I beat you both to it by a couple of minutes) The skin should be done by the end of the weekend.
#22 - 5tag
I reworked the colours. This time I added a shadow, took a bit noise off the red part and toned every colour to fit each other. I was concentrating on reference pictures a little more this time and also fixed a little mistake.

You won't notice much difference but I guess (or hope) the colours are finished now. I sent you a message with the link.
#23 - 5tag
Quote from macsy :Finally! It's done! After working for almost four weeks pretty much every day, I present thee Garage Boso XRT!
[...]
..I think my next skin will be a little less complex..

Yeah, take a break from this!^^ Again I really like the accuracy and attention to detail. This is one of the best skins I have seen on the forum yet. BTW you mind me editing a screenie of this?
Hey, it's a public skin, knock yourself up! I'm just glad if it gets used.
after all the effort put into this skin i'll be sure to use it!

5*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG