The online racing simulator
Just ordered an Acer G245H
(20 posts, started )
So yeah, I got a got deal on that 24'' inches monitor so I ordered it. I'm really looking forward to it, but I got a question. The monitor has HDMI ports but no speakers. I know I will be able to plug my Xbox 360 to it, but how can I get the sound? I dont think Xbox 360 has sound outputs so I'm wondering...
-
(brt900) DELETED by the_angry_angel
I've heard of the problem before and I believe, but haven't any experience with it, that there is an HDMI adapter/splitter that will allow you to get the sound output from the 360 and also go to your monitor. I don't have much info sorry, but I hope that the little info I gave helps.
Well if the monitor has a sound output, I'm guessing I could plug my computer sound system to it? That's the little bit of info I'm missing about the monitor.
-
(dadge) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Why the hell did u even have to post anything? We know that u dont care and at this point i dont care about your "care" post too (doesnt make sense :shrug. Post reported.

Anyways, seems like a nice monitor. Very similar to my acer (H233H). Hope that u wont get any dead pixels, i got one little one on upper right corner (about 2" from corner). Doesnt annoy me tho. Acer is a good budget brand

Edit: My monitor has speakers. Works like a charm, theyr like super cheap and weak but theyr perfect actually. I use these usually at nights when im not in a mood to use headset. And theyr kinda ... very loud at mid-range tones.

Edit2: Forgot the quote, the first part of this post is for brt900 obviously.
I'm hoping the monitor will have a headset output or something (Even tho not very likely since it doest have integrated speakers), it would make things a lot easier.
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm hoping the monitor will have a headset output or something (Even tho not very likely since it doest have integrated speakers), it would make things a lot easier.

headset output? It will probably only have stereo speakers with stereo input from ur PC. I dont have external headphone jack on monitor, but everything can be. Not sure
Yeah I meant input sorry, well I guess if there's a headset input on my monitor I'll be able to use my computer's speakers with the Xbox 360. We'll see anyways, it's coming on Monday.
I use an xbox 360 VGA cable, It has a VGA plug and a red and white phono jacks, I bought a simple phono to 2.5" jack converter and plugged it directly into my pc and used my PC sound system on it.

Very cool with the sub blasting out

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phono- ... Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q8KSS0

Simples!

Dont worry about the price of the vga cable there, its way to expensive, Here in the Uk I can pick one up for under £14
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-3 ... ADE/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_text_b
So, I would use the red and white colored wires from my Xbox's VGA cable to plug into my speaker's 3.5mm cable via an adaptor, and then use the HDMI cable from my Xbox to the monitor for the image?
No just use the VGA cable for image and sound, VGA is just as good as HDMI for picture quality.
Quote from FOGlegsy :No just use the VGA cable for image and sound, VGA is just as good as HDMI for picture quality.

Wow? VGA is analog signal for picture only. And u cant even compare VGA to HDMI ... Excuse me, but where the hell did u learn this

Edit:
VGA - Analog Signal
DVI - Digital Signal
HDMI - Digital Signal with audio

Your guessing something wrong here, u probably meant HDMI as VGA and VGA as HDMi.
OK maybe got a bit mixed up with dvi/vga my bad.. Dvi is as good as HDMI picture quality..

VGA is for picture only, Thats why you have the RCA leads on the xbox VGA adapter.

I must say I dont notice ANY picture quality difference from using a HDMI cable to the VGA cable on my 42" None what so ever, if there is its very slight that I really cant notice.
Maybe thats why I got confused with VGA/DVI thing.

Still it seems like the poster needs sound so there are not many options left for him apart from a VGA cable if there are no speakers on his ACER monitor just like mine. Unless ya can buy some sort of adapter to plug in.
Quote from FOGlegsy :Dvi is as good as HDMI picture quality..

DVI can be analog as well, though.
Quote from FOGlegsy :OK maybe got a bit mixed up with dvi/vga my bad.. Dvi is as good as HDMI picture quality..

VGA is for picture only, Thats why you have the RCA leads on the xbox VGA adapter.

I must say I dont notice ANY picture quality difference from using a HDMI cable to the VGA cable on my 42" None what so ever, if there is its very slight that I really cant notice.
Maybe thats why I got confused with VGA/DVI thing.

Still it seems like the poster needs sound so there are not many options left for him apart from a VGA cable if there are no speakers on his ACER monitor just like mine. Unless ya can buy some sort of adapter to plug in.

Try low resolutions on VGA and HDMI and u will see whats the difference. DVI picture quality is exactly the same with HDMI, HDMI just includes sound.
Quote from hazaky :Try low resolutions on VGA and HDMI and u will see whats the difference.

For me, low resolutions are letterboxes with VGA and shittely-scaled with HDMI.
I installed the monitor today. It has integrated speakers even tho it wasnt supposed to but I dont mind since they are behind the monitor. The thing looks very good and is awesome to play console games. Only thing is I find it lags a bit when playing GTA IV, not sure why?

Quote from hazaky :Wow? VGA is analog signal for picture only. And u cant even compare VGA to HDMI ... Excuse me, but where the hell did u learn this

Edit:
VGA - Analog Signal
DVI - Digital Signal
HDMI - Digital Signal with audio

Your guessing something wrong here, u probably meant HDMI as VGA and VGA as HDMi.

To make matters even more complicated: Most ati videocards have audio over dvi And with a dvi -> hdmi adapter you can connect your television to your pc. If i am correct, the latest generations of ati-cards support 7.1 dts or dolby digital over dvi. Including DTS-HD and TrueHD
Quote from Bluebird B B :To make matters even more complicated: Most ati videocards have audio over dvi And with a dvi -> hdmi adapter you can connect your television to your pc. If i am correct, the latest generations of ati-cards support 7.1 dts or dolby digital over dvi. Including DTS-HD and TrueHD

Yep, my 4850's also have 7.1 audio already. Via DVI>HDMI. I never use it, because my sound is through my PC via opticle cable.

About the screen; Acer, hehe.
Quote from Riders Motion :Only thing is I find it lags a bit when playing GTA IV, not sure why?

Its more like ur Xbox what cant perform on 1080p easily.
looks nice!

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG