The online racing simulator
New Aston track?
(18 posts, started )
New Aston track?
We discussed it / are discussing it already on the update topic.
yes but i IS a little busy with 708 replies

there's a little section near the club track that looks like it had something to do with a new layout too.
Quote from Theafro :yes but i IS a little busy with 708 replies

there's a little section near the club track that looks like it had something to do with a new layout too.

When I chcecked the forum in the morning it was 400 posts now its 700.
Maybe we could hear something about this too
Attached images
we2.jpg
#6 - SamH
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :When I chcecked the forum in the morning it was 400 posts now its 700.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more people on the forum than in servers in the next day or 2! There's such a lot of excitement over this patch.. and I think the devs are confident that it's going to go down well. It all goes together to make a really exciting mood.

I'm really fond of the Westhill circuit because almost every corner is, in some way, blind. Either over the crest of a hill, or double-cornered. It's a track you have to LEARN, rather than just follow. It rocks! I'd like to see it developed.
Yeah, would love a config thats good for slower cars to.
Westhill tends to be a bit boring in the slowest cars.
Quote from SamH :

I'm really fond of the Westhill circuit because almost every corner is, in some way, blind. Either over the crest of a hill, or double-cornered. It's a track you have to LEARN, rather than just follow. It rocks! I'd like to see it developed.

so i guess.. i was right when i posted that picture of the aston track with new configurations.. guess i was correct when using that turn (funny how things like that happen)
Quote from XCNuse :so i guess.. i was right when i posted that picture of the aston track with new configurations.. guess i was correct when using that turn (funny how things like that happen)

can someone post those overhead shots of aston again that show the entire track? then can they outline the new and old circuits with different colours?

i don't know all the configurations so it'll help me see what's new

thanx

speedfreak227
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from XCNuse :http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... tid=7558&d=1144132553

er... that may not help you, those are just the ones that i came up with that we dont have (and the red one is what is to be anticipated)

ok, that's the picture i was thinking about but can someone colour the new AND old tracks with different colours just so i know what's new?

thanx,

speedfreak227
Quote from speedfreak227 :ok, that's the picture i was thinking about but can someone colour the new AND old tracks with different colours just so i know what's new?

thanx,

speedfreak227

Well AS North is the red one. Grand Touring is AS Grand Prix with only 2 corners different.

In both cases it is hard to say whether there will be a chicane as in Grand Prix or no chicane as in Historic. However, the pictures show chicane for Grand Touring
The new one is the red one. The other new layout is basicly the same as Grand Prix but it doesn't go all the way to the long hairpin (top right), but it goes right and on to the green part and then back to the tight hairpins, like Club.
here ya go

pink is as gt
blue is as north
Attached images
astonnew.jpg
Quote from v4forlife :here ya go

pink is as gt
blue is as north

I think I will like North
Quite surprised by the new Aston configs. Personally I was quietly hoping that the Aston track would have been physically amended to link the two sections shown in white on the attached image - this would have given some really new configurations.

As it turns out we've got Aston Grand Touring which I'll admit I don't understand the point of - it's so similar to Aston Grand Prix, with the exception of the T1 area all the corner sequences are the same. If anything Aston Historic and Grand Prix already suffer from being broadly very similar in their overall feel, and now there's AS GT as well.

On the other hand, Aston North looks like a good blast and a good way of introducing some new corners using the existing tarmac. It's extra good in that it's the first Aston circuit of good/moderate length with some sections suitable for things slower than the GTRs or single seaters.
Attached images
AS_ynot.jpg
why not indeed!

We can't complain that the dev's haven't given us some nice new layouts to play with, but it can't be that much work to link that bit up.

We love you eric! (but not in that way )

I cant wait to tackle AS_north REV with that nasty (the fun kind) hairpin right after that looong fast one

New Aston track?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG