The online racing simulator
Dedicated Host Improvements
(23 posts, started )
My idea is that the Dedicator could look lik this :

My idea is for the "bad language" and the "fake admins" ,I hate when a 11 years boy tells me to f*** off and stuff like that ,and I need to start my LFS find the server ,and go in to bann him manul ,because I don't know his user..This improvment will be ,really great for some of us.

BTW. I'm not soo lazy or busy ,but I'm boored of doing that..Done it about 30 times for now..
You can switch between user (UName / Licence) and player name (PName / ingame) using /names as documented in Commands.txt.
And for the record, you don't have to pick a (your) server from the hostlist, you can join by name using "Join specific host".
Quote from morpha :You can switch between user (UName / Licence) and player name (PName / ingame) using /names as documented in Commands.txt.
And for the record, you don't have to pick a (your) server from the hostlist, you can join by name using "Join specific host".

Ah! I guess this thread is a full "Fail" ..plus I think my teacher didn't told me about that one..

BTW..When i play in other server's the "Join Specific" changes?
I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "Fail", but yes, it was somewhat redundant seeing as all the information exchanged was already provided by documentation
And yes, "Join specific host" is set to the host specified as "Server Name" in your cfg.txt, which is usually the last host you've been on.
You can also ban via Remote.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :You mean by /ban or something else?

Yes, same command as on server.

Open Remote via the button on LFSWorld (not the one under "Racers & Hosts Online"), select your server, put in the optional admin pass it asks you for and you can ban people.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, same command as on server.

Open Remote via the button on LFSWorld (not the one under "Racers & Hosts Online"), select your server, put in the optional admin pass it asks you for and you can ban people.

Hmm..I don't know why ,but I can't find my server on LFS World / Remote..And on all of that ,I can't see servers with track BL3..(my server is CarPark)
Quote from r3zp3k7 :Hmm..I don't know why ,but I can't find my server on LFS World / Remote..And on all of that ,I can't see servers with track BL3..(my server is CarPark)

You have to do something to get it there but I have no idea what as I don't have an own server. Maybe someone else can help you.
enable insim relay via LFSW (hosts list, and it's on one of the tabs), that should give you LFS remote.
Quote from bunder9999 :enable insim relay via LFSW (hosts list, and it's on one of the tabs), that should give you LFS remote.

No Spectate

Info;Join ,but no Spec..Maybe there's no CarPark Spectating?
in that window, click the tab that says "insim relay", and put in the server's ip address, the port number, and the admin password, and then hit update. it should add it to the list. and then if you hit update a few times it should eventually say "OK".

then you can go back to the servers list tab and it should show a "R" in the "rules" section which you can click to go to LFS remote. (or an icon will appear under that "spec" column)
Quote from bunder9999 :in that window, click the tab that says "insim relay", and put in the server's ip address, the port number, and the admin password, and then hit update. it should add it to the list. and then if you hit update a few times it should eventually say "OK".

then you can go back to the servers list tab and it should show a "R" in the "rules" section which you can click to go to LFS remote. (or an icon will appear under that "spec" column)

Later I will try alot of stuff..My first try said on Status "Connect attempt #1"

I still don't believe it's going to work ,because I really don't anywhere CarPark server..But we will see
i had a relay working on a server running BL3/AU1/AU2... i can't see a reason why it shouldn't work, unless you have a firewall and didn't open the insim port. (the insim relay tab also lists an ip address which you can input into your firewall, so that you can forward the port only for the relay)
Sorry for the late post ,but I was really lazy after New Year..Soo I've done some of the stuff and here's the thing..

At the IP thingy I've added my own IP..In the Setup I found this

// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And as you see it's "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"..Really I don't know if I should do something here ,because without doing something the server works fine..

At the port thing..I don't know how i found out its "29999" ,but i've just checked the setup and it says

// a high number below 65536
/port=63392

So I might try again with this port..

Next > At the Admin Password I use the password which I use in LFS to log into my server and kick/ban people..And on Spectate Password..I don't use anything ,because the server doesn't have a "Spec Pass" (,but right now I'm thinkin that it asked me for a pass which I'm going to use to Spectate the server..LoL)

Edit : After this try It's "Connect attempt #2"
the ip parameter in the config file is unneeded. don't worry about that one, i've never used it.

but you're using the wrong port in LFSW. the one you need to use is the insim port and not the LFS port.
Quote from bunder9999 :the ip parameter in the config file is unneeded. don't worry about that one, i've never used it.

but you're using the wrong port in LFSW. the one you need to use is the insim port and not the LFS port.

What is the "insim port" ?

@AndRand nah I ment the "/names" ,but thanks that was useful too
Quote :Insim Relay setup
Here you can setup your host(s) to be included in the InSim Relay Service.
This service can be used by applications like the LFS Remote, to view races on your host, without the risk of people tampering with it. Your IP, InSim Port and admin password will remain hidden to clients.
To submit your host(s) to the InSim Relay Service, enter your InSim host details below (InSim port must be different from your host's regular game port!).

Make sure you have:
-version S2 Y or later,
-enabled InSim on your host with '/insim PORTNR' or started the host with the option '/insim=PORTNR',
-opened the InSim Port (TCP) in your router or firewall. You can IP filter it to 213.40.20.2 if you would want to.

NOTE:
If your host goes offline, the relay will try to reconnect 15 times before reporting it 'dead'. This allows you to restart your host without it being disabled here. Remember that if your host is down for a longer period, you will have to reactivate it here.

Yet another case of RTFM (or in this case, RTFI)
Quote from morpha :

:doh: Hello captain obvious, replace PORTNR with your desired InSim port, i.e. 29999
Quote from morpha ::doh: Hello captain obvious, replace PORTNR with your desired InSim port, i.e. 29999

Lol..Sorry I'm abit stupid :doh: btw : YAY

Hey, I'm replying here because you, for some reason, can't receive PMs from me.

Quote from r3zp3k7 :Hey!Thanks for the help with Insim I've wanted to ask you ,do you know how I can change the host name..Right now its "Host" I want to change it into something ,but I don't know how.. :?

Your dedicated host came with a file called cfg.txt, the server will fill this file with information at its first shutdown. In this file, after it's been filled with information, you will find the option "Ply Name" followed by "host", simply replace "host" with what you want the name to be.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG