The online racing simulator
Xcite Racing presents: AS3 Special-X
Hello LFS Community,

are you tired from stupid AS3 GTR racing? Tired of the full throttle orgies on this combo? Then we have something different for you A completely revised version of AS3 with modified corners and 2 new chicanes! The Track is now more challenging, so it is not easy to get used to. But this challenging new layout have a few relevant good features:

* New overtaking points
* More space for fails
* More Fun

Interested? Then come on our server! The name is:
Xcite AS3 Special-X

Note: This layout is invented by Xcite and will only be seen there

Regards,

The Xcite Racing Team
Looks nice! I'll try it out
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Note: This layout is invented by Xcite and will only be seen there

How will you stop other people from downloading or duplicating your layout? I'm just curious.
He can't stop anyone making any changes to it whatsoever.
News:
We now have a points script on our Homepage:
http://www.xcite-racing.de/ind ... te=static&staticID=23

We did also several changes to the layout for better racing and better apex visibility. Furthermore the layout uses less objects which will improve performance

Hope to see much of you today and have fun on our version of Aston National
This could be AS3.2 or AS8 =D

Anyway, are you guys thinking on mounting a league based on modified circuits? For example, I think any Kyoto combination let to create a "WTCC-Type chicanne" or that one placed in the rainy Barcelona 1996 F1 race

I hope you know that type of chicannes made by which always creates some spectacle :P
Quote from Tomas Miranda :This could be AS3.2 or AS8 =D

Anyway, are you guys thinking on mounting a league based on modified circuits? For example, I think any Kyoto combination let to create a "WTCC-Type chicanne" or that one placed in the rainy Barcelona 1996 F1 race

I hope you know that type of chicannes made by which always creates some spectacle :P

We are actually thinking of that, stay tuned
Phft, another version of yet another track. If I want something different, I go to a different track. I know you mean well, and I love the fact that you are trying something new. Big up for that. But on a serious note, AS3 is actually, and arguable, one of the best circuits in LFS. There is a real reason why it is so popular, mainly for the very reasons you've explained for changing it.

It's easy to learn, but hard to get right.
It has space to get around people, but also space to fight.
It has a 'defined' good time. And you know when you get to the low 1.42's your getting there. But from there to the low 1.41's is a massive leap.
And the contraversial point is, it's popular for the very fact that it's popular. There is some perverse, although somtimes overwhelming, enjoyment from starting at the back of a packed noob grid and battling to the front and racing with the fast guys. How often do you see the 141'ers cruise to the front, only to intentinally start from the back again in the next race.

I'm all for variety and well intentioned track experimentation. That can never be a bad thing. But to slam a popular track for continually being good. There are some things you just won't change, and AS3's popularity is one of them. Untill rockingham that is, but I doubt even then you'll get much of a traffic drop. People like what they know.
No i dont know what you mean....Its pretty much xciting , more than those 1000+ lap combinations.Its something new, I hope the server will be crowded, so it will be fun playing
Quote from Funnybear :Phft, another version of yet another track. If I want something different, I go to a different track. I know you mean well, and I love the fact that you are trying something new. Big up for that. But on a serious note, AS3 is actually, and arguable, one of the best circuits in LFS. There is a real reason why it is so popular, mainly for the very reasons you've explained for changing it.

It's easy to learn, but hard to get right.
It has space to get around people, but also space to fight.
It has a 'defined' good time. And you know when you get to the low 1.42's your getting there. But from there to the low 1.41's is a massive leap.
And the contraversial point is, it's popular for the very fact that it's popular. There is some perverse, although somtimes overwhelming, enjoyment from starting at the back of a packed noob grid and battling to the front and racing with the fast guys. How often do you see the 141'ers cruise to the front, only to intentinally start from the back again in the next race.

I'm all for variety and well intentioned track experimentation. That can never be a bad thing. But to slam a popular track for continually being good. There are some things you just won't change, and AS3's popularity is one of them. Untill rockingham that is, but I doubt even then you'll get much of a traffic drop. People like what they know.

Long text, good critics
But i think you did not notice the goal of this action: Making something popular different
We know, that AS3/GTR is a very popular combo, but it gets boring when you have driven 1000 laps + on the same combo And so we made it a bit different and more difficult
I propose an ad here to this Host Section - the place to discuss it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG