The online racing simulator
Car Skins - loading them in-game
(21 posts, started )
Hey, I got some skins send by a friend and downloaded some custom skins aswel and put them in the data/skins/ folder but when I start playing LFS they wont load in the game. I cant find em anywhere. Anyone knows what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Just click on "New color" to choose it in the skin list (or shorten the name if it is too long)
#3 - Seb66
Have you uploaded them to LFSworld?
Quote from Whiskey :Just click on "New color" to choose it in the skin list (or shorten the name if it is too long)

I have already done so. I couldnt find the skin in the list. The names are quite short so that shouldnt be a problem either.

Quote from Seb66 :Have you uploaded them to LFSworld?

No I have not, since my friend uses it too, and works for him in LFS. So I figured it must have already been uploaded. Should I do so again?
Ok then try this..... SkinXX.jpeg in LFS-data-skins and skinXX.dds in LFS-data-skins_dds
Remember, they should be like XRT_skinname.jpg or FZR_myskin.jpg.
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :Ok then try this..... SkinXX.jpeg in LFS-data-skins and skinXX.dds in LFS-data-skins_dds

Should i just change the name or convert it somehow? And how can I convert a jpeg format to a dds?

Im sorry for these questions, but im not that good with computers

Quote from Flame CZE :Remember, they should be like XRT_skinname.jpg or FZR_myskin.jpg.

Yea, I got it like that. For example I got a "RB4_batman.jpeg".
Its alright like this right?
Thank you for your help so far for everyone that replied in this thread.

I will wait a bit longer to see if anyone has a solution, else way maybe I should just reinstall LFS
Since I don't think anything is wrong with what I did to get the skins, it should be in the software right?
post up one of the skin files and then we can see if anything is wrong with they way its named, size, etc

edit: just seen your other post
Quote from DazzleDoom :
Yea, I got it like that. For example I got a "RB4_batman.jpeg".
Its alright like this right?

it needs to be saved as .jpg not .jpeg
Quote from GAVD999 :post up one of the skin files and then we can see if anything is wrong with they way its named, size, etc

edit: just seen your other post

it needs to be saved as .jpg not .jpeg

I dont think thats the problem since jpg and jpeg are pretty much the same format, only difference is that jpeg has a bit more info in its file.
But I will try anyway, you might just be right.

Though it wouldn't explain why it would work at my fiends LFS, since he did send me the exact same file he uses and that's a jpeg as well.
Quote from DazzleDoom :I dont think thats the problem since jpg and jpeg are pretty much the same format

Except LFS only accept the extensions dds and jpg
Sorry buddy and no prob.... We are here 2 help... So as for the convert use the DDS Converter from here-> http://www.lfs-database.com/in ... nid=92&p13_fileid=485 I use it, it's easy and very good. In data\skins I have only XX.jpeg files and in data\skins_dds... DDS So as for the name of each one of skin use the creators names..... for on-line use(that you can see them when someone else use them)

If still want something else I m here

Edit: I agree with Jack Daniel over me!!!!
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :Sorry buddy and no prob.... We are here 2 help... So as for the convert use the DDS Converter from here-> http://www.lfs-database.com/in ... nid=92&p13_fileid=485 I use it, it's easy and very good. In data\skins I have only XX.jpeg files and in data\skins_dds... DDS So as for the name of each one of skin use the creators names..... for on-line use(that you can see them when someone else use them)

If still want something else I m here

Edit: I agree with Jack Daniel over me!!!!

Thanks a lot for your reply again!!
I actually had good hope this would work, especially when I saw the dds file and placed it in the skins_dds directory
.. but when I started LFS, I still didnt see the skin!
It still wont load it! :weeping::tombstone
Im starting to think this game will do anything to stop me from having skins

Its so frustrating!!
Im going to reinstall the game tomorrow, and hopefully the skins will actually load.
Thank you all for your thoughts and help!!!

Consider this thread closed
Ok I reinstalled LFS and got no problems with the skins this time.

Thanks, and sorry for all the trouble!!
No probs man....
Re:
I also have a problem with the car skin. Good thing I found this resolved thread. I was able to resolve mine. Thanks!
how i make skins
how i make cool skins what program i need i got gimp 2
Quote from Dark-driver :how i make cool skins what program i need i got gimp 2

If you know how to use it, that's enough
you can also use Gimp to save as dds , download the dds plugin.
Hey guys, i cant seem to find the data/skins file.... where abouts is it??
Because i have got the skyline 2fast 2 furious skin but i cant seem to find data/skins to save it to lol.

Cheers Jake
<LFS install folder>\data\skins

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG