The online racing simulator
Remapping Keys and functons
(4 posts, started )
Using the keyboard while playing is very troublesome, and to hit commands like Shift+F keys or f-lock + another button is very annoying, i just don't have the room to setup my keyboard AND my wheel. Is there a way to remap these functions and HUD displays to another key.

In rfactor and other sims where almost everything is mappable, i map all the functions and hud to a usb NUMPAD that i have stuck to the center of my wheel. This should be possible for LFS shouldn't it? How stuck up would anyone be over allowability to map simple keyboard controls.
Well...the idea is quite good IMO. But I prefer also to use gaming keyboard with it.
You can do it with the scripts.

set Ctrl+F12 to "/press 3"
then set the button X to press Ctrl+F12 and voila!, you can togle your lights with button X

More info in LFS manuaL:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide
Hey thanks guys! Got it all sorted out

Unneeded hassle with script to make numpad keys remap or bind to Function keys, major letdown by LFS programmers, just include a damn remapping option.

Wound up using Auto-hotkey, very simple just to include it in an .bat to run auto-hotkey and lfs together. scripting is easier also... and its FREEWARE check it out forum seekers who may be searching for this same topic

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG