The online racing simulator
XFG BL1 Setups
(3 posts, started )
XFG BL1 Setups
Hellow everyone!

I have some questions regarding XFG in BL1. I have custom made mine utilizing the Setup Creator, as I'd like to call it around 2-3 months ago; I've just returned to LFS just sometime ago... =)

I'll upload my current set for regards later. My current lap in BL1 is 1:34:64, in sequential. My regular lap goes around 1:35:50, usually more, on a good race, in the 1:35:35-ish range.

- I find it that if I use run a 5 lap race, that on the last lap, my car starts to oversteer a bit; in the sense that the tail gets really loose after loosening the gas for example.

* How can I make my tyres last longer? In general, what tyre pressure and camber settings would be good here. Tyre compound? Does suspension affect this?

- I find that my car is rather slow in the turn - ins. If I was to make it more nervous (so to say), I believe it was to add more toe in? How much should I 'toe in?'

GenesisX - TYIA
#2 - halo
Hi Genesis, regarding your questions there are many answers.
Setting up the car is little annoying at the beginning, than its becomes easy in time. All you need to do is read the manuals, practice & observe and make "one" change per session.

If your set is "tail happy"; for me, its means either your front dampers are too soft (or backside is hard), or your brake balance bias towards rear too much and tire pressures/cambers are needs re-adjustment.

All you need to do is; "read" what your car do while taking the most important curve on the track for you;
* entering the curve
* mid curve
* exiting the curve

i.e. ; if you experience oversteer when you enter the track, means the weight is transferred towards the forward end so quickly that rear tires starting loose their grips. You need to harden front dampers.

This is just an example, you can find many example in the manuals.

To use your tires without heating them too much is a little tricky. Generally, softer suspension is better for bumpy surfaces and tire heating problem also. Adjusting Anti-roll bars to much is also heat up your tires quickly especially on slow curves.

By saying "Slow-in" you mean "slip angle"? If you experiencing oversteer and difficulties turn-in in the same time, it could be the toe adjustment. To see that, make front toe -1 or -2 and test it (rear can be zero or +1). My sets are adjusted as front -1 and rear +1 mostly.
You can start camber settings -2.5 degree for fronts and -3.5 to 4.5 for rears and you can test it to find "sweet spot".

You can find related links below.

Good luck.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Basic_Setup_Guide
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Advanced_Setup_Guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip_angle
Thank you, Halo. I'll take a further look into that. To clarify "slow - in", I mean that the car feels rather sluggish, and doesn't react stimutaneous like other sets that I've tried (and may have not exactly fitted what I had in mind) to my inputs. I'll re - read the Setup Guides.

TYIA.

XFG BL1 Setups
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG