The online racing simulator
2009 - What did you achieve ?
(104 posts, started )
Another year passed since the last thread

Post your achievements, no matter how small.

Personally, I have got a new best friend this year

And i've made some good friends on the forum (TVE Forum buddy! )

I've became so much better in guitar, and I have found my singing voice

And you?
Nothing.

Yeah.....

I got fitter. I got stronger.

Does that count?
I did that too actually, forgot to mention it!

So yeah, it counts
#4 - Zay
I won A karting championship,and with that I also got sportsman of the year and most outstanding racer of the year, so 3 karting trophies, the only one in the whole karting club who got 3 trophies. I also got way better at karting. I got a new best friend, got decent at LFS, and had a great time with my family.
I still have my job! And I still enjoy doing it.
Erm i played for the Northen Counties in Bowls, (which is big for me)
I did well in my Standard Grades exams.
I met a girl i will probably love for the rest of my life and dont want to lose her as a friend EVER! (does that count)
Sold a few photos, got a girlfriend, thats about it!
Quote from 1993weeman :
I met a girl i will probably love for the rest of my life and dont want to lose her as a friend EVER! (does that count)

I wish I could say that.

Damn - I am going to be mad at myself for the rest of my life.....

It all looked so good.....
Unlucky DevilDare

Don't worry about it mate, plenty more fish in the sea, I felt the same when I lost my girl a while a go, but I've met someone else now and I won't make the same mistakes

Cheer up!
Quote from DevilDare :I wish I could say that.

Damn - I am going to be mad at myself for the rest of my life.....

It all looked so good.....

Well tbh i wish my girl was much more than a friend,i did go out with her but then we stopped because we could hardly see each other.... but i can't stop thinking about her and loving her
Well we still talk and all. But not like it used to be.

Thing is - I usually get over things like this way too easily. Some people even question me if I really liked the person truly.

But with her - Its different. She was perfect. Like 1 in a thousand.....

Oh well. It happens. I am just gonna go with what she says;

"It means it had to be like this...."

But yeah.

Lesson to all you lads. Take care of your girls. Dont take them for granted...
My pay went up twice this year

(Although only because I turned 18 and had been working for a year).
Hmmm...I got fitter, stronger while having a girlfriend. It's supposed to be the other way around!

New Years Eve in New York, starting 2009 pretty well.

4 days later got a new little sister (half) who is adorable.

After this I lived for 6 months in Brazil, working 2 months, travelling the rest of the time. Did Carnaval in Rio, most of the Nordeste by car and learned photorealistic rendering with Vray in my free time, which is a great tool for architecture visualization.

After this I started my architecture diploma for 4 months, still 5 to go to be an architect!

I still didn't stop smoking though, so FAIL!

I decided to stop procrastinating, resulting in my working all day at school, having a bike as main transport, then hitting the gym, before playing with my band 2 times a week. MOST of all, my apartment is always clean! (this takes by far the most effort hehe)

The problem though is I don't have any free time anymore! I feel bad each time I fire up a game on my pc or watch more than one movie a week.

Feels good to write it down...I was under the impression I didn't do anything.
#14 - Osco
Quote from brandons48 :Unlucky DevilDare

Don't worry about it mate, plenty more fish in the sea, I felt the same when I lost my girl a while a go, but I've met someone else now and I won't make the same mistakes

Cheer up!

You've met a new girl. You are making the same mistake :hide:
Won player of the season for my football club.
Top scorer for my football club from midfield even though I was out injured for 2 months with a broken hip.
Got my first car, classic mini, love it.
Passed all of my GCSEs with 8 A* to B grades.
Started playing in goal again and getting back into my old habits from when I used to be on the books for Gillingham FC
Saw my hometown team Gillingham FC get promoted at Wembley, amazing day.

If I think of more I'll edit it in.
I got my driving license. With 23. Was about time.
Passed my driving test, and drove a car on my own (if you can count that as an achievement )

Met some friends for the first time ever (known them 7 years on the net)

Got 3 qualifications
Quote from Gills4life :Got my first car, classic mini, love it.

Lucky bugger!!

What is it costing you? Running costs etc.

I want one when I get my drivers
got ratm to number one well i helped
I got stronger, passed my school exams and passed my car theorie exam.

Thats about it. :\
I have met a girl, she became my girlfriend and I lost her.
I have got my drivers license (in 1 go)
I have got a car of my own
I have got LFS S2
I have got 1 new friend
I have lost a lot of money (obviously)
I drove in snow
I am still alive (which is cool, I guess )
We have got a dog now.
I have visited some new towns which I never knew existed or unable to reach.

I guess that is about it.
Quote from brandons48 :Lucky bugger!!

What is it costing you? Running costs etc.

I want one when I get my drivers

I am in the process of refurbishing it. Just bought a new stage 3 head for 290 quid and 4 new Yokohama Advan tyres for 210. Also got a new stainless steel 3" bore single pipe centre exit exhaust with new inlet and exhaust manifolds. Can't remember the price for them, but they are great quality. It's the insurance that is the real kick in the teeth. Hopefully will be able to get a decent quote off of Footman James and insure it as a classic.
How much did you pick it up for?

I'm either going for a Mini, or a sporty micra (90's shape)
Quote from brandons48 :How much did you pick it up for?

I'm either going for a Mini, or a sporty micra (90's shape)

I was lucky because it was our neighbour's so I got it cheap. Only paid 600 pounds for it but they spent 2000 on a new engine the year before! The 90's micra's are pretty nippy. I have rallied one before, quite good little cars.
Try to go for a mini though, I am really enjoying learning the fundamentals about how a car really works. The minis are so basic under the bonnet compared to all the modern tit tat. I have also heard nothing but good stories and memories from owners and previous owners. Dougie-Lampkin has one and from what he has said to me he absolutely loves his, although he hasn't had the best of luck so far, crashing it on the 3rd day of driving it iirc!
Hehe, the LFS Mini Owners Club

London to Brighton anyone?

(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG