The online racing simulator
Simple quick questions..
I have lots of little questions... I'll keep them all in here :-)

Is there an escape code for the TM superscript logo?

I want to have a trademark logo show up in the Lapper welcome screen - but I can't figure out what the code is

My nickname comes up as ^1Drew ^0[^1?^0Pirate] but it doesn't work on the Lapper screen.
While we're at it...

I'd like to have a message pop up on screen when anyone leaves the pit box - I assume this is possible using something like 'OnLeavePits' but I can't find anything like that in the lfslapper.lpr file

And is there a resource online that covers all of the avaliable commands so I can leave Gai alone for a little while?
And to make it a round 3 posts ....

The driftscore personal bests don't appear when using !drf - the table is blank although I have done several runs. << Fixed, I was a noob, hadn't set the default car to XRT

And... I want the welcome screen (where it says friendly rank -/-) to use drift scores to rank instead of laptimes.

All help gratefully recieved - I suck
1. You could try pasting ™ in the code - there isn't an escape character when lfs saves a .ply file.

2. The IS_NPL packet is sent when a player joins the race/leaves the pits. I don't know how you'd find out when one is received using LFSLapper though, because I've never played with the code.

lol, thanks Elmo.

I've tried copying and pasting and unicode and allsorts - Marius is stumped also.
Ascii 153
I came up with this...

as being the ascii code.

This is the line of code I ended up with...

openPrivButton( "welc",25,50,150,15,12,-1,16,"^1Welcome " . $NickName . " ^1to [™Pirate] server!&^0Type ^7!help ^0after leaving garage to see commands." );

And it didn't work - it actually displayed:

[#153;Pirate]

And I want...

[™Pirate]

:edit: ffs - I can't get the forum to show the ascii code, buy you get what I mean. Instead of the TM logo, I'm actually getting the ascii code minus an 'and' symbol.
Wanted a tidy up - I'm a messy begger lol.

1). Is there an escape code for the TM superscript logo?

I want to have a trademark logo show up in the Lapper welcome screen - but I can't figure out what the code is

My nickname comes up as Drew [™Pirate] but it doesn't work on the Lapper screen.

2). I'd like to have a message pop up on screen when anyone leaves the pit box - I assume this is possible using something like 'OnLeavePits' but I can't find anything like that in the lfslapper.lpr file

3). And... how do I get the welcome screen (where it says friendly rank -/-) to use drift scores to rank instead of laptimes?

4). Last one for now Now that I have got !drf working, is there a way of getting the top scores that are saved by the users Nickname - NOT their username?

Thank you.
You have to actually tell it to add a character of ascii value whatever to the string, rather than putting ™ in the code.
Can't really help you on how to do that, because my experience in C# is practically nill, but I'll have a quick search.

edit:

this may work...
openPrivButton( "welc",25,50,150,15,12,-1,16,"^1Welcome " . $NickName . " ^1to [" . new string((Char)153,1) . "Pirate] server!&^0Type ^7!help ^0after leaving garage to see commands." );
I <3 you Elmo mwah x
WOW!

It seriously didn't like that.

Copied it directly over the one I had there... and as soon as I reloaded it, it fell over and nothing happened :o

That's not good...
Haven't seen anything that will give you your TM code - maybe you'll just have to make it ordinary text? Maybe in different colour too.

Quote :2). I'd like to have a message pop up on screen when anyone leaves the pit box - I assume this is possible using something like 'OnLeavePits' but I can't find anything like that in the lfslapper.lpr file

Look for the OnEndPit event.

For instance;

Event OnEndPit( $userName )

openPrivButton( "pitleave1",50,40,100,34,1,4,32," " );
openPrivButton( "pitleave2",50,40,100,34,1,4,16," " );
openPrivButton( "pitleave3",50,40,100,20,14,4,16,"^1! ^0R E M E M B E R^1 !"
. "&^7Watch for other cars when leaving pit box!" );

EndEvent

Quote :3). And... how do I get the welcome screen (where it says friendly rank -/-) to use drift scores to rank instead of laptimes?

The friendly rank uses $Posabs (absolute Position?) to show which driver has fastest lap on your chosen track. Nothing like that for drift leader, although quite a good idea.

Maybe you could try playing about with drf( $argv ); code?
Regarding the TM - this isn't very elegant, but may be the only way of doing it.
Create a char variable, set it to 153, then use the variable as part of the string in the same way $NickName is used.

If that still doesn't work, then maybe someone who knows anything about C# (ie not me) will step in
1 - Do not use notepad, use an utf8 editor (it's an obligation) like psppad as recommended in quickstart http://www.lfs-lapper.org/help/en/quick_start.htm
2 - insert the car 153 like said above or in pspad use ascii table ALT+A to insert this car.

That's all.

Gai-Luron
Quote :Event OnEndPit( $userName )

EndEvent

Thank you, I'll give it a bash

Thanks Elmo - I'll start googling, lol.

And Gai - I'll download psppad now
The code you made didn't work

So I played with it, and got this....

Quote :Event OnNewPlayerJoin()

openPrivButton( "pitleave3",50,5,100,10,10,4,16,"^1! ^7R E M E M B E R^1 !"
. "&^7First lap after pits ^1doesn't ^7count!" );

EndEvent

Which does EXACTLY what I want, except one thing.

It pops up when the lapper is started - at the same time as the welcome screen.

Is there a way to supress this at start?

I can live with it, but I'd rather not have to
When LFSLapper start for an instance of LFS it request player connected and player joined the race to have all internal value set.
No way to suppress that, but there is no reason to start an stop instance when all your config is done. Except when you dev, but in this case, it's not a problem

Gai-Luron
Re: the TM logo, it's just not happening.

I've got me pspad (which is lovely), and installed the .ini file for lapper highlighting (also great).

I've tried using the CTRL+A ascii table AND the symbol inserter - they both give me the logo in pspad but not in lapper

And Gai - like I said, I'm happy with it

Now just to get this damn symbol to work and I'll be a very happy bunny.
Quote from drew555 :The code you made didn't work ...

Sorry, you're using older version of lapper, so maybe try this:

Event OnEndPit

EndEvent

Basically, I've just removed the ( $userName ) from the first line.
Quote from drew555 :Re: the TM logo, it's just not happening.

I've got me pspad (which is lovely), and installed the .ini file for lapper highlighting (also great).

I've tried using the CTRL+A ascii table AND the symbol inserter - they both give me the logo in pspad but not in lapper

And Gai - like I said, I'm happy with it

Now just to get this damn symbol to work and I'll be a very happy bunny.

is PSPAD in UTF8? , menu "FORMAT" UTF8 checked, what's is you LFS version?
Your symbol here it work!
Quote from Gai-Luron :is PSPAD in UTF8? , menu "FORMAT" UTF8 checked, what's is you LFS version?
Your symbol here it work!

YAY!

Sorted it! I wasn't in UTF-8.

Thanks a million Gai, for persevering with me.

Trying your new code now Sinanju
I ended up sticking with the code I created - wow, I created my own code for the first time ever!

I love this stuff

Now to get the little bits finished and I'll be done and ready for the LAN party

Issues now are:

1) Getting the driftmeter to work, because it looks amazing.

2) Get the welcome screen to announce either a) the players best drift score or b) the players current !drf position.

3) Get the split time display to display current drift score for the lap in stead of times.

I really appreciate everyone helping me out

Thanks.
Quote from drew555 :Trying your new code now Sinanju

Message when leaving pits - There may be another way if your version of lapper supports RegisterZoneAction (my version is 5.844).

But for this one, you would have to get the zone for every track and configuration - including reverse (leave the pits, and wherever you want message to appear, type !zone and record co-ordinates - and remember that some co-ordinates are a minus).

I use the following:

In the Event OnLapperStart() section

RegisterZoneAction( "AS1" , -313,-136, 3 , SE_leavepits );

Then a bit later, I put in my sub-routine

Sub SE_leavepits() # SE is a Sinanju Event, meaning one I made up myself
$NickName = GetCurrentPlayerVar("NickName");

openPrivButton( "blank_back",1,45,46,25,3,8,32," ");
openPrivButton( "remember",2,46,44,8,6,8,32,langEngine( "%{main_remember}%", $NickName ));
openPrivButton( "leavepits",2,60,44,5,4,8,16,langEngine( "%{main_leavepits}%" ));

EndSub

Then in the LANG "EN" section, add the following;

main_remember = "^1! ^0R E M E M B E R^1 !"
. "&{0}";

main_leavepits = "^1Watch for traffic&^1when exiting pitlane";

PS If you go to my Sin'rs too server, you'll see something like this (and my driftmeter, and Yisc's pitboard, and when in spectator mode, Krayy's help and Tim's [which I plagiarized] MyStats) in action
WOW!

That's one very, very busy Lapper!

But I now know that I MUST have the driftmeter working AND Krayy's help system.

:edit:

And I'm going to leave my PitExit function as it is... it seems to be the simplest way to remind people that their first lap drift scores may not count - and my VERY limited skills with Lapper suit simplicity very well

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG