The online racing simulator
ATi 5770 blue screen
(18 posts, started )
ATi 5770 blue screen
I know this is the wrong section but really need this sorted, ive installed everything by the book but today i've booted up and all i keep getting is blue screens every 15 minutes even when i'm just sat on desktop or browsing the internet.

Trouble is the screen just goes either white with lines down it or red with black lines down it.

My first ATi card for 3 years and its the same old crap i used to have with my old one. If it doesnt get solved then i will be putting my 8800 back in.
Wrong section to get more views and responses?

I personally think that it can also be faulty drivers, theyr possibly in beta stages tho. Try switching the output, other DVI output for example. Also, if u had same "crap" with ur old card, it can also be your motherboard.
Quote from trebor901 :My first ATi card for 3 years

Uninstall all drivers completely, use a driver cleaner to remove ALL ATI and NVIDIA drivers, reboot into safe mode and use the driver cleaner again. Reboot and if you have windows 7 let it automatically download the drivers. Or go to ati.amd.com and find the latest drivers for the 5770.
Quote from hazaky :Wrong section to get more views and responses?

I personally think that it can also be faulty drivers, theyr possibly in beta stages tho. Try switching the output, other DVI output for example. Also, if u had same "crap" with ur old card, it can also be your motherboard.

not with my old card, ages ago on my last ATi
What do the BlueScreens say?
They have various error messages. (I think IRQL_not_less_or_equal is the basic one of a usual bluescreen)
i get no code cos it doesnt go to a normal blue screen it just goes white or red and then when i restart the pc windows brings up an error message saying "And error caused Windows to crash" and it says "Blue Screen" i click more info but there is nothing in there to tell me what was causing it
Little guide that might cure it, don't select the Nvidia chipset option if you have a nvidia chipset.

#Uninstall the current drivers you have, then reboot
#Use this program to clean all the past drivers you have used
#Select ATI/Nvidia/Nvidia chipset/physX then press clean, then reboot
#Select the 9.10 driver for your system either 32/64bit which ever you run
#Install, reboot when the option pops up for you.

The reason i told you to use 9.10 instead of 9.11 is i have been hearing nothing but problems with the 9.11 driver for the 5*** series since it got released.
Quote from MijnWraak :Uninstall all drivers completely, use a driver cleaner to remove ALL ATI and NVIDIA drivers, reboot into safe mode and use the driver cleaner again. Reboot and if you have windows 7 let it automatically download the drivers. Or go to ati.amd.com and find the latest drivers for the 5770.

Yep, just ignore people that try to help you.
What does th bluescreen say?... it tells u most of th crap u need to fix it......
it would tell me if the damn thing actually showed the blue screens but it doesnt it just goes either red or white and then when i restart Windows 7 says that it was a blue screen but gives no more info than that.
In the box i got a 6 pin pci-e connector and it only has wires going to 5 of the holes with 1 with no wire or metal bit, ive been using the one from my psu should i use the one out of the box for the card? could that pin be missing for a reason because my psu one has all six pins in it
Always the one from the psu.
do you know if the keyboard still works when it "freezes"? if you set windows to save a full memory dump on bsod, and enable the force-bsod, you might be able to get some useful information out of it.
ive put it into our other pc which has an AMD dual core and 2gb ram and a 550w psu and its running perfect so i think ive found my problem, not enough power. ATi's recommendations on the box are a lie lol.
Whats your wattage on the psu? also what's your other pc componets?
Dont know the wattage, i would have a look but cant be bothered to take the side off the pc for the 20th time today
Quote from trebor901 :ive put it into our other pc which has an AMD dual core and 2gb ram and a 550w psu and its running perfect so i think ive found my problem, not enough power. ATi's recommendations on the box are a lie lol.

It could also be a driver conflict, the AMD rig might not have nvidia drivers installed on it.

And if you ignore my post again I'ma punch a wall.
Quote from MijnWraak :It could also be a driver conflict, the AMD rig might not have nvidia drivers installed on it.

And if you ignore my post again I'ma punch a wall.

i didnt ignore your post i did do what you said it just didnt work

ATi 5770 blue screen
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG